The Student Room Group
There is strong evidence to suggest CBT is very effective in some specific situations. I would start by looking at OCD, PTSD and bipolar. More details could be found at: http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/mentalhealthinformation/therapies/cognitivebehaviouraltherapy.aspx but it is worth looking further afield as you should consider the opposing (negative) views. For example, CBT is less effective with people with learning difficulties... HTH! SP :smile:
Reply 2
missThingxx
Hey everyone :smile:

was after a bit of help , i have to do a psych essay on ...

Is there strong evidence that Cognitive Behaviour Therapy works for serious mental health problems?

and the word limit is 2000, and i surely wont be able to discuss all mental health problems, so should i pick a few mental health problems ??

Do you have any ideas of particular studies or topics i should include...

also do you have any ideas of resources or articles i can use??

thank you for any help given
xxxxx:smile:

Well you can discuss lots of illnesses, but don't spend a paragraph describing what schizophrenia is etc etc. 'Serious' mental health problems means you can ignore things like phobias which may be talked about quite a lot in reference to CBT. Use google scholar to find some articles, read them first and then you'll find it easier to decide which ones to discuss. You can easily mention all the relevant ones in 2000 words because your focus is the CBT, not the illnesses themselves.
Reply 3
Thanks very much , that has helped me alot. good to have other peoples views on it.. :smile:

Thanks again xxx

Latest

Trending

Trending