The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Sian01
Cardiff's my insurance (ABB) - pretty close to my Bristol offer - AAB. Yeah, my parents think I'm going to get them too! Despite me repeatedly saying it may well not happen! I've decided, if I don't get into Bristol I'm taking a gap year instead and re-applying for anthroplogy or something! - I'm doing History, if I get the grades! Your doing Geography aren't you?
God so much stress - accomodation, getting the grades - summer is meant to be relaxing god damn!

Same with me - my insurance is ABB too, and the A has to be in Geography. I don't know what I'll do if I miss my Bristol grades. I don't really want to go anywhere else, but I'm not sure I want to take a gap year either! And yep, I'm (hopefully!) doing Geography. I hate thinking about all this grades/accommodation stuff too. I just hope it works out for all of us!
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
yes, i sure it will work out *fingers crossed*. I'm just trying to forget about it all now..and not let it ruin the next month that i have before exam results. Pretty had as my parents arw like 'why don't we take a trip to Bristol and have a look around next week?'..which i don't want to do til i definitly know im going there.
I've bought a cheese grater and a wooden spoon in preparation. I seen some saucepans and a sieve next. :smile:

*I'm getting so excited about kitchenware......the end must be nigh!*
Reply 63
I got some stuff that someone was throwing out after they decided to leave this house they rent off our farm :smile:

Amazingly useful stuff it is too: 4 shot glasses, a socket wrench set, 2 playstation games, 4 mugs, and a lamp thing (one of those stand in the corner jobs with 2 lamps on).

I am such a tramp...

What else? I have an unconditional cos im on a gap year :P. ummmmmm

Oh yeah, i have no rep. I want some. Noone likes me. i was very depressed when i heard about this rep system last night and discovered i only had 7 points...

anyone who wants to take pity on me, i assure you i am not too proud to take any points you might have going spare :frown:

on the other hand you could all negative rep me and then i could go for loads of red thingies instead, but that would probably depress me...

wooo. what a post. :thrasher:
Reply 64
o and i got some new trainers from the thrown out stuff too, still in their box and they fit me :smile:
What is this rep thing? i seem to be lost on this?
Reply 66
MonkeyOnIce
What is this rep thing? i seem to be lost on this?

See the little scales in the top right of all the posts?

If you click on that you can choose to give the poster negative or postive reputation.

You use it to express strong approval or disapproval of someone's point.

You cant give any until you have 20 or more positive points yourself, and after that it depends on a formula based upon the number of reputation point you have, how many days you've been registered and how many posts you've made to decided how many points you can give out.

You can do it only once in 24 hours.

Its a popularity contest basically, as susiemakemeblue once wisely told me.
Reply 67
Gexko
See the little scales in the top right of all the posts?

If you click on that you can choose to give the poster negative or postive reputation.

You use it to express strong approval or disapproval of someone's point.

You cant give any until you have 20 or more positive points yourself, and after that it depends on a formula based upon the number of reputation point you have, how many days you've been registered and how many posts you've made to decided how many points you can give out.

You can do it only once in 24 hours.

Its a popularity contest basically, as susiemakemeblue once wisely told me.

Really??! Crap maybe thats where ive being going wrong!! I think the first thing i need to do is find a TSR posse :biggrin:
just thought this might be of interest to anyone who hasn't seen it:
http://www.ubu.org.uk/main/fresh

yay so excited!!! :biggrin:
what's goin down?

I hope to be studying for a 4 year Msci in Geography at Bris 2005. I need AAA.

Hello to all fellow future geographers and bristolians, see u in oct (hopefully)
weirdloverwilde
what's goin down?

Hello to all fellow future geographers and bristolians, see u in oct (hopefully)

*waves* :handkiss:
Reply 71
weirdloverwilde
what's goin down?

Ooo I'm doing the MSci too :smile: How come you need AAA? :confused:
make that three doing the MSCi in geog. it better be a good way to spend FOUR years argh...
no idea why, probably just because they have something against me. I'm looking forward to starting
Reply 74
Found this on the bristol website and thought it would be really usefull to everyone :smile:...........a table of average expences for a first year student (scroll down to the bottom of the page)
temilola
Found this on the bristol website and thought it would be really usefull to everyone :smile:...........a table of average expences for a first year student (scroll down to the bottom of the page)

omg that has scared the crap out of me lol! i really didnt expect to spend over a thousand pounds on food in my first year! and three hundred pounds on books! aaargh! :eek: x
Reply 76
Checking for Spies
omg that has scared the crap out of me lol! i really didnt expect to spend over a thousand pounds on food in my first year! and three hundred pounds on books! aaargh! :eek: x

i know im getting a grand pocket money (excluding books) at first and im like "mum how long is that supposed to last for" and she says "Just use it until it runs out"...............i know its some kind of test :biggrin: ....how long do you think a grand will last me if i dont include freshers week....I calculated from that table i should use about £325 a month

I think id probably spend more the £500 on clothes in 8 months tho :redface: ...............im going to have such a large overdraft :frown:
Reply 77
So thats £5,200 for me roughly according to their table... Not including the tuition fee whatever that is...

Maybe £6,500 then. Hmmm, I reckon i'll get about £4,000 in this summer from work. Then theres the loan. So, i might make it with about £50 to spare. Wooo!!!!

On the clothes front, just be like me and only buy clothes once a year and dont spend more than a hudnred quid on 3 outfits :smile:

Oh and make sure you dont stop usign anything else until its got so many holes it looks like a string vest (well not that bad, but i just use all my old stuff for sports, so it lasts for ever :smile: )

When they say food in the costs table they probbaly mean beer (/cocktails for most ladies). :smile:
temilola
i know im getting a grand pocket money (excluding books) at first and im like "mum how long is that supposed to last for" and she says "Just use it until it runs out"...............i know its some kind of test :biggrin: ....how long do you think a grand will last me if i dont include freshers week....I calculated from that table i should use about £325 a month

I think id probably spend more the £500 on clothes in 8 months tho :redface: ...............im going to have such a large overdraft :frown:

yup, same here! i know i'll end up spending all my money on clothes and going out and have nothing left for food...maybe i should have gone catered lol! :confused:
oh well i'm gonna have to learn to make being poor fun hehe :smile:
Reply 79
Checking for Spies
yup, same here! i know i'll end up spending all my money on clothes and going out and have nothing left for food...maybe i should have gone catered lol! :confused:
oh well i'm gonna have to learn to make being poor fun hehe :smile:

:smile: yea last term was probably the term i was most broke...got £200 at the beginning of term....my parents said that was emergency money.....obviously i spent it all.......then sods law....my parents are out of the country....i spent six weeks at school in the middle of no where....going down to the post office and buying 10p worth of 1p sweets when i felt like a big spender :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending