The Student Room Group

DSA just cancelled my test

So I failed my first test just over 6 weeks ago (messed up the parallel park). Im insured on my car and i've had a lesson with my instructor to polish out the rough edges. The first time I was incredibly nervous, this time id just about built up some confidence and really thought I could pass. So anyway I booked the test 6 weeks ago (yes the waiting list is disgustingly long), to find out that today (12:02pm to be exact) they decided to cancel my driving test that was due for tomorrow at 9am. They have posted me a new time/date that I can't believe will be any time before january.

I think this is totally unfair, has this happened to anyone else at such short notice? It happened to my mate but it happened to him about 2 weeks before. My friend also turned up to her test and they told her that there were too many examiners off ill so they had to cancel. I just think these situations arn't right, they are totally unfair. Perhaps im biased because im annoyed but what do you guys think?
Reply 1
Ouch, it does seem unfair but if they don't have enough examiners what can they do? You don't really want to be doing your test in the dead of night do you?
Reply 2
Perhaps, but you'd think they'd have some sort of protocol in the event of this happening rather than just cancelling everyone. It's a pain because it means im still paying for insurance on my car, theres also no guarantee ill pass in January which means if I get a bit of bad luck and I do fail, ill be waiting forever.
Reply 3
Yeah, it's happened to a few of my friend's more that once, it sucks. Big time, best of luck at getting a test sooner
I was due to have my 1st test in in August, but it was cancelled 2 hours before!! As I came to Uni in September I couldn't fit my test in around my schedule, so I'm sitting my test in January, when I go back home for xmas. Such a long wait, espec when I got myself all ready for it.

You can usually find cancellations (depending on where you live) if you keep logging onto the web site, so hopefully you might get something a bit sooner. Good luck!
Reply 5
6 weeks is not ridiculously long, try four months!!

But that really really does suck, I hope you find a cancellation soonish.
Reply 6
*Sparkle*
6 weeks is not ridiculously long, try four months!!

But that really really does suck, I hope you find a cancellation soonish.

4 months, try waiting 2 years!!! Oh wait sorry I thought we were playing a game :p:
Lol i waited 1 week, Look for Cancellations thats what i did. I booked my theory, passed that, booked my practical passed that in the space of 3 weeks :shock: all i did was check the site regularly for cancellations!! Check if they give you compensation for changing your test day.
Reply 8
Why did they cancel in the first place?
Reply 9
They never said why they canceled it. I think I can get in sooner, but it means taking it in my own car which is a pain. Is there anything extra I need when taking it in my own car? I know I need them mirrors, anything else?
Reply 10
ownagesbot
They never said why they canceled it. I think I can get in sooner, but it means taking it in my own car which is a pain. Is there anything extra I need when taking it in my own car? I know I need them mirrors, anything else?

Read the back of your letter.

You know, the one that says the information over the page is very important.

I suspect you'll get more information from that than the fuzzy recollections of people on an online forum.
Mine was supposed to be just after 10a.m

Got a phone call at 9 saying the examiner had called in sick and they couldn't find a replacement.

4 month wait ftl :wtf:
My friend's test was cancelled and she had another date 2 weeks later, so don't assume it'll be ages =)
My first test got cancelled.
It was meant to be in the morning and they phoned the night before to cancel it. They said that the didnt have enough examiners as one was off sick. My driving instructor had had 1 cancellation earlier that week and and 3 test cancellations the week before.
I understand it if there is fog/snow/other bad weather as that cant be helped but they should have more examiners or something for if one is off sick.
My first test was booked for October (2006) and they cancelled it because the examiner was sick but I think it was something to do with cancer... not just a "I can't be arsed coming into work because I have teh snifflez". They gave me another date of mid-December. I took my test in the city (20 mins drive away) at the end of November and passed.

Is there nowhere else in the vicinity you can sit your test? Where I lived I could have taken my test in three places. Also keep looking for cancellations.
Reply 15
I too had the same kind of thing. Had my test booked for 1:35 and the DSA emailed me to say it had been cancelled TWO MINUTES before my test started.. We was sitting in the car park and this man came out and said they didn't have an examiner for me as he had called in sick.. I mean really, you couldn't have emailed me in the morning? Was so annoyed I can't even explain.. Got another test 9 days away which is on my 18th birthday so have had to cancel all plans for that day.. :frown:
Reply 16
Original post by Alex098908
I too had the same kind of thing. Had my test booked for 1:35 and the DSA emailed me to say it had been cancelled TWO MINUTES before my test started.. We was sitting in the car park and this man came out and said they didn't have an examiner for me as he had called in sick.. I mean really, you couldn't have emailed me in the morning? Was so annoyed I can't even explain.. Got another test 9 days away which is on my 18th birthday so have had to cancel all plans for that day.. :frown:

This thread is over four years old, just saying. (; (How do people even get to such old threads naturally? P: ) Good luck for the test, though.
Reply 17
Hiya I've literally just walked in from my test (centre) as they cancelled mine due to apparently no examiner available I just spent 600 on a block booking to get my confidence up also lost time to work ...to them telling me my test is now in 4 months what the hell how do they get away with it
Same mine just got cancelled and I have to wait 6 weeks they should make cancellations a priority not when you can next get in 😡

Latest

Trending

Trending