The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
!Mine too!
I tried doing that actually...wearing them all the time but as it was not necessary it seemed a little silly. I have had them for years though, just bad me :redface: for not wearing them when I should. I have lost them many a time or just end up sticking them in my hair and wondering where they have disappeared to hehe...
Jayjayjay
!Mine too!
I tried doing that actually...wearing them all the time but as it was not necessary it seemed a little silly. I have had them for years though, just bad me :redface: for not wearing them when I should. I have lost them many a time or just end up sticking them in my hair and wondering where they have disappeared to hehe...

:laugh: hehe! I'm always putting stuff "somewhere safe" (not in my hair admittedly - if I stuck my glasses in my hair I'd rapidly become entwined with a landpost :redface:) and then forgetting where. Am definitely the absent minded type.

Who are your favourite poets then? We're studying William Blake and Othello now which is fabulous :biggrin: I'd just about rather have done Keats, but I'm going to love doing Blake so I won't complain. Love the Romantics and Shakespeare personally - and Sylvia Plath
Reply 42
tritogeneia1

Helen_w (it was you who started this thread wasn't it?), don't know if any of this is helpful for you as your mum won't let you have the lenses anyway (why won't she? does she think they're dangerous? or too expensive? sorry, being nosy but am just curious, you don't have to answer!). On the other hand, if you wait a bit till you're 18 there's really nothing she can do about it as it's your choice then. Obviously cost might be an issue but you can ask the opticians about it.

Its not ths cost, because I would pay for them myself, and get an NHS voucher towards them, she just wont let me have them!
Reply 43
*Bethany*
:laugh: hehe! I'm always putting stuff "somewhere safe" (not in my hair admittedly - if I stuck my glasses in my hair I'd rapidly become entwined with a landpost :redface:) and then forgetting where. Am definitely the absent minded type.

Who are your favourite poets then? We're studying William Blake and Othello now which is fabulous :biggrin: I'd just about rather have done Keats, but I'm going to love doing Blake so I won't complain. Love the Romantics and Shakespeare personally - and Sylvia Plath

Glasses in hair = tangle *ouch*
I love Shakey (sonnets!), Blake and quite like Plath and Duffy,Tennyson, Milligan, Browning...This year A2 just begun - Othello, war poetry, a choice of two novels - help!
Reply 44
bodhisattva
Have patience willya hehe!! The younger you are when you first use them - the quicker your eyes will adapt. Are they "soft" ones, permanent or disposable? Persist - believe me - the rewards will be worth it. :wink:

Well I just had another go today in the right eye...wouldn't go in again! I was much closer this time though, at least it was half on my eye before dropping off. Had to give up eventually though, as they didn't give me any solution, so the lens was drying out badly and my eye was getting really sore after I'd stabbed it numerous times! Ahwell I'll have another go tomorrow or the day after!

I've got soft disposable ones btw...you said before you've got hard ones? What is the difference?? Is one really harder(in terms of material) than the other?

Latest

Trending

Trending