The Student Room Group

Help me please.

Okay, I’m applying to work in a call centre and needed a bit of help. I’m unsure of the answer I have written, does it answer the question? If it doesn’t will it be possible to have some pointers?

Here is the question: Why do you want to work as a telephone interviewer?

My answer so far: To be a telephone interviewer I believe one should be passionate in their work, with an interest in knowing what people think a telephone interviewer job will be best suited for me. Working as a telephone interviewer I will benefit from further improving my team work and customer service skills, the experience I gain as a telephone interviewer at *** will enhance my career prospects, it would put me on the ladder to a career that I would love to pursue.
Reply 1
I think thats an excellent answer :smile: I hope you get the job!
Reply 2
Sorry, completely disagree with gemchicken...you've completely disregarded the question!! That's the biggest (and usually the easiest) mistake you can make!

It would be an excellent answer to "What qualities do you have that would make you suitable for this job?"......but it's not asking that...it's asking WHY do you want to be a telephone interviewer?

Why....why do you want the job? Do you want money? Do you want to further your customer service skills? Tell them why you would LOVE to work for that company doing that job...tell them that it would put you on the ladder to a career that you would love to pursue!

Instead, you are explaining why you would be good at that job, but haven't said at all why you want it. 2 completely different things!

Sorry if that sounds a bit harsh - I've conducted interviews and had to choose applicants - the ones who don't answer what the question asks are generally disregarded straight away :smile:
Reply 3
Cool okay thanks for that. I will start again and will post it up again.
Reply 4
dobbs
Sorry, completely disagree with gemchicken...you've completely disregarded the question!! That's the biggest (and usually the easiest) mistake you can make!

It would be an excellent answer to "What qualities do you have that would make you suitable for this job?"......but it's not asking that...it's asking WHY do you want to be a telephone interviewer?

Why....why do you want the job? Do you want money? Do you want to further your customer service skills? Tell them why you would LOVE to work for that company doing that job...tell them that it would put you on the ladder to a career that you would love to pursue!

Instead, you are explaining why you would be good at that job, but haven't said at all why you want it. 2 completely different things!

Sorry if that sounds a bit harsh - I've conducted interviews and had to choose applicants - the ones who don't answer what the question asks are generally disregarded straight away :smile:

I meant its a good answer in terms of dressing things up, I mean if we're all honest and say I want the job because I'm skint it won't look as good as that, will it?

I agree with you adding more in terms of to further the skills but then you could argue that would come under 'what do you hope to achieve in this job' not why you want it, but I can't be bothered to argue. :p:

What other questions are there? Just if there isn't any about your qualities for the job, you need to get it in somewhere!

Resepct your points dobbs, was only trying to help tho gunner 123, hope you get the job :smile:
Reply 5
* gemchicken
hope you get the job :smile:

Thanks for the help, I hope so too. I already have two rejections under my belt this year. I'm known to be third time lucky! :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending