The Student Room Group

Work trial

I feel like I'm being exploited

I have been signing on for about a month, and I saw advert in job centre for asda jobs which i asked to apply for , which I later found out to be 'work trials'

now I have find out that I will have to work for two weeks unpaid at asda before they even consider me for a job.
anyone else think this is unfair ? will they cut off my money if i opt out?,I 'm starting on Thursday
This is kinda what happens when you've been on Jobseeker's for awhile. Companies are willing to employ you but on a job trial basis, to weed out all the people who are just on JSA for an easy ride.
Obviously this isn't you but it's quite popular now for companies to offer job trials before actual employment.
It is likely if you opt out the JSA will be stopped as it'll be seen a refusing an offer of work

Harsh but true.
Reply 2
I don't see a problem if you still get paid JSA and you only have to work say 12 - 16 hours.
Just think, you might even get the job!

How many hours do you have to do?
I guess it's just their way of making sure they're employing people who will actually turn up and do the work before they give them any money.

If you really want the job, just grin and bear the two weeks without pay.

Latest

Trending

Trending