Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who's got an offer from Strathclyde? I have!

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel1987)
    I got thrown out on my second night at Uni, was too drunk and when they checked me up and saw I was underage, they banned me from the student Union until my 18th birthday (which was another 6 weeks away)
    Excellent. That will have been a good long while ago though eh..? -makes himself look smart by looking closely at the name of the poster-
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Electronica)
    Excellent. That will have been a good long while ago though eh..? -makes himself look smart by looking closely at the name of the poster-
    It was indeed...a Balmy late summer's night in September 2005. I'd encourage all undergraduate students to enjoy it whilst it lasts. Its a cliche I know...but it will be over in an absolute flash. Then you'll just be in your mid 20s and bitter about your job, thinking "why didnt i do accounting instead of History?"
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got my offer through today! BSc Computing Science. Need a B in the graded unit in my HNC this year. Fair Chuffed
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got a conditional to do History and Politics. Easier conditionals than I expected as well
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Got an unconditional for Naval Architecture Going to the insight day at the end of Feb to learn more.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My interview got completely cancelled because of the fire and I'm getting an offer within the next two weeks.. yay!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've got an unconditional to Strathclyde for Business N100
    Applied on 29th November, heard back January 31st
    Anyone else heard any good news from the Business School?
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imonlylittle)
    I got a conditional for management today!!! Chuffed to bits Need to get AAB in my highers this year, going to work my arse off to get it!!

Is Strathclyde your first choice? I've heard so many good things about the business school!
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alt__x)
    I got a conditional for management today!!! Chuffed to bits Need to get AAB in my highers this year, going to work my arse off to get it!!

Is Strathclyde your first choice? I've heard so many good things about the business school!
    Well Done! Good luck, I remeber in my S6 my condition for Strath was pretty tough too. If you've got any questions about the uni or anything, drop me a message
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just got a conditional through for MEng Mechanical Engineering: AAA including AA in AH Maths/AH Physics

Wow. Happy, but disappointed that the offer is so difficult!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just got an unconditional for English. Anyone who's received an offer for English? And have any of you heard back from Glasgow yet also?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Got an unconditional for Chemistry with Drug Discovery! :woo: Anyone else doing chemistry?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imonlylittle)
    Me, me, me!! Just got a conditional offer for Business, which is to easy to be achieved, so Strathclyde is probably going to be my insurance. Is it your firm choice?
    Yes, I've read many positive reviews not only for the Business School, but for the University itself.

Btw does anyone know what is the difference between their ''Business'' and ''Management'' course, because these two usually form the same degree and syllabus, plus the entry requirements are exactly the same...
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Conditional offer for Business Enterprise at Strathclyde Although I am a bit confused that the conditions are "proof and evidence of Abitur and TOEFL".

Definitely considering Strathclyde now
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Recieved unconditional offers for MChem Chemistry and MChem Chemistry with teaching.
    Will most likely be doing chemistry with teaching.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got a conditional offer for 'Applied Chemistry and Chemical Engineering'
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ConnorM405)
    Got a conditional offer for 'Applied Chemistry and Chemical Engineering'
    Congrats If you want any info feel free to ask. I did the first year, and both my flatmates are still on that course
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Do we receive reading lists/book recommendations for our course and if we do, when is this usually? Also because I'm doing a chemistry course will I be told what lab equipment (lab coat, safety glasses,etc) i'll need to buy?

Thanks
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScottishShortiex)
    Do we receive reading lists/book recommendations for our course and if we do, when is this usually? Also because I'm doing a chemistry course will I be told what lab equipment (lab coat, safety glasses,etc) i'll need to buy?

Thanks
    You'll need a lab coat, safety glasses and a spatula. Oh and a hardback lab book with graph paper on the opposite side. All of which you can buy on campus fairly cheap I used to be ACCE, so did the chem labs last year :P
    I could download this year's 1st year chemistry handbook (with all the module descriptors and reading lists) and send it to you, if you so desire?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GingerGoat)
    You'll need a lab coat, safety glasses and a spatula. Oh and a hardback lab book with graph paper on the opposite side. All of which you can buy on campus fairly cheap I used to be ACCE, so did the chem labs last year :P
    I could download this year's 1st year chemistry handbook (with all the module descriptors and reading lists) and send it to you, if you so desire?
    Thanks! Think I'll just buy the lab stuff once I'm there then if its going to be cheaper. I think I managed to find that First Year Handbook you're talking about, but there doesn't seem to be veey many books on it...think theres only two under the Maths module description then another two or three under the Chemistry modules. Is it only the books mentioned on that that we should get?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: March 21, 2014
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.