The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Who's got an offer from Strathclyde? I have!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Original post by caitlinbrodie
Firmed my unconditional for management. Anyone else doing any business subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've firmed my conditional for Strathclyde to do business!
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Reply 501
https://www.facebook.com/groups/152962384855437
This is the link to the Strathy Freshers Group for the coming year:wink:
Ive got a conditional for Mchem, anyone know when I can expect to hear back from the accomodation?
you'll hear back once your conditions are fulfilled - so once you get your exam results
Original post by Ryzo95
Got an offer to do Physics :smile: Anybody else looking to do Physics at Strathclyde

Yeah, but mine is BSc (Hons) Mathematics and Physics.

I also have a choice of doing EEE at Strathclyde as well, kind of torn between the two.
Original post by qno2
In 1st year at UWS studying physics. Got an offer this evening for Maths and Physics at Strathclyde of getting an average grade of 50% or higher at UWS which, being honest, is not really that difficult...

Why do you want to move to Strathclyde? just asking. I'm going to be studying Maths and Physics there.
Reply 506
Original post by Sex & Science
Why do you want to move to Strathclyde? just asking. I'm going to be studying Maths and Physics there.

I'm actually going to Heriot Watt to do Mathematical Physics this year as I got an offer from there too. I wanted to transfer because Physics at UWS is very limited; you can do the standard experimental physics degree or physics with nuclear technology, thats it. I wanted to do some kind of theoretical physics or a physics degree with a higher than normal maths component. UWS does have a maths department but its being slowly destroyed by their central management so there are no 3rd or 4th year modules in maths running anymore.

I had 7 possible universities to apply to in Scotland: St Andrews say that they are not keen on transfers unless you have an excellent school record (thats the main reason I ended up at UWS) and I didn't like Dundee as much as Edinburgh, Heriot Watt, Glasgow, Strathclyde or Aberdeen. I only got offers from Heriot Watt and Strathclyde but I chose Heriot Watt because I like the look of its maths department much more than Strathclyde's while I would get a similar type of physics education at both. Also the option to do an MPhys in Mathematical Physics rather than just a Bsc in Maths and Physics swayed me even more. I have also considered switching to straight maths which I think looks like a better degree for me at Heriot Watt.
Reply 507
I'm actually sooooo happy! Just got my place confirmed to study International Business! Anybody else into the business school part??
I got accepted into International Business too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dead101
I'm actually sooooo happy! Just got my place confirmed to study International Business! Anybody else into the business school part??

Original post by ChrisRussell24
I got accepted into International Business too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing International Business and Modern Languages :smile:
Just got my place confirmed to study Law at Strathclyde Uni. I'm the happiest I've ever been! Haha!
Original post by lallan1
I got ABBBC in my highers and submitted my application on the 2nd of November :smile: did you apply for the MSc or the BSc?

you got the same grades as me haha :redface:
I applied 25th nov, got acknowledgment on 26th in the morning and an offer in the evening of the 26th for Physics Bsc
Reply 513
Original post by proxyfullback
I applied 25th nov, got acknowledgment on 26th in the morning and an offer in the evening of the 26th for Physics Bsc

I applied on 25th Nov and received an unconditional offer on 27th Nov for International Economic Law LLM.
Reply 514
Original post by proxyfullback

Haha same, I applied for BSc Physics on the 6th of November and got my conditional on the 8th
Anyone doing/done distance learning here?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone got an offer for psychology yet? Got rejected but managed to get it changed & now it's back to 'referred', hate the wait:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just got an offer for MSc sustainability & environmental studies!! Still unsure, but it's a contender :smile:
Wheeeeeeeee strathy
Reply 518
Did anyone receive an offer for mpharm ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MynameisJonas96
Ive got a conditional for Mchem, anyone know when I can expect to hear back from the accomodation?

What were your grades, if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending