The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
CalicoP
Thanks for all the responses guys, I'll explain to the interviewers I didn't understand it all but would love to learn about it properly, and I'll find a biology and chemistry teacher to ask for help. :smile:

Slow down a moment. You will tell them only if they ask you something and you don't know , not in advance. :biggrin:

cheers and good luck (wish me the same):woo:
Reply 21
Aquarian
Slow down a moment. You will tell them only if they ask you something and you don't know , not in advance. :biggrin:

cheers and good luck (wish me the same):woo:

haha ok, i'll keep quiet about it until asked!

Thanks, Good luck! Hope it goes well.
Reply 22
around
Wait hang on.

Did you say you read a book in your PS before you'd actually read it? And then, upon reading it, found it a bit tricky?

No I just didn't mention that I'd found it hard in my PS, I just said it helped develop my interest in biochem.
Reply 23
I mentioned a book in my PS and, when asked about it at interview, came right out and said "to be honest, I didn't really understand most of it". My interviewer chuckled and said he didn't either. :smile:
Reply 24
jcb914
I mentioned a book in my PS and, when asked about it at interview, came right out and said "to be honest, I didn't really understand most of it". My interviewer chuckled and said he didn't either. :smile:

Don't fall for him guys, he obviously want all of us to fail :awesome:
Reply 25
CalicoP
No I just didn't mention that I'd found it hard in my PS, I just said it helped develop my interest in biochem.

Well, you'd hardly be interested by it if you found everything in it totally obvious, would you? My brother got asked in his interview, 'well, tell us what you don't understand?' Quite a difficult question to answer on the spot, unless you've got something already in mind.
Reply 26
can you tell what is the name of the book you read?
Reply 27
Aquarian
can you tell what is the name of the book you read?

Yep, It's The Chemistry of Life by Steven Rose
Reply 28
SleepyGrad
Well, you'd hardly be interested by it if you found everything in it totally obvious, would you? My brother got asked in his interview, 'well, tell us what you don't understand?' Quite a difficult question to answer on the spot, unless you've got something already in mind.

I've got a few things to mind that I don't understand! :p: I'm having another look through to try and make sense of it a bit more. How much do they expect you to be able to remember from books you have read?
Reply 29
CalicoP
I've got a few things to mind that I don't understand! :p: I'm having another look through to try and make sense of it a bit more. How much do they expect you to be able to remember from books you have read?

Sorry, went away for a few days - hope you still want a reply. I think if you could remember some general principles, and if you're clear on where you started to struggle, you're fine. But don't worry about it, your memory will go haywire when you're nervous and they'll expect that. As long as you can mention which topics you found interesting and which you couldn't get the hang of, they will be able to ask you interesting questions anyway. And, of course, you can always ask them to tell you what their take on the topic is, and respond to that.
Reply 30
SleepyGrad
Sorry, went away for a few days - hope you still want a reply. I think if you could remember some general principles, and if you're clear on where you started to struggle, you're fine. But don't worry about it, your memory will go haywire when you're nervous and they'll expect that. As long as you can mention which topics you found interesting and which you couldn't get the hang of, they will be able to ask you interesting questions anyway. And, of course, you can always ask them to tell you what their take on the topic is, and respond to that.

That's great, I'll do exactly that :biggrin: Thanks so much for all your help

Latest

Trending

Trending