The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

tomheppy
I'm genuinely sick to death of straw man arguments. At least read the ******* wiki on animal rights. No serious animal rights activist thinks that we should start convicting animals.

There is only 1 fundamental right all sentient beings have;the right to be left alone and not used for food and clothes. Period.

The title of this thread is: should animals have the same rights as humans? I was answering that question. I was not saying that I think animals rights activists all believe birds of prey have the right to a fair trial, I was only pointing out the absurdity of giving humans and animals equal rights.
southpaw.24
The title of this thread is: should animals have the same rights as humans? I was answering that question. I was not saying that I think animals rights activists all believe birds of prey have the right to a fair trial, I was only pointing out the absurdity of giving humans and animals equal rights.

Fair enough, I have much more respect for those who think that animals have at least one fundamental right whilst humans have different rights.
tomheppy
Fair enough, I have much more respect for those who think that animals have at least one fundamental right whilst humans have different rights.

You know, I think that's the fastest and most civil that a debate I've been in has ever been resolved? I was sure this was going to last for days... Thanks!

Latest

Trending

Trending