The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Guys are lazy, dirty and stupid.
We get tired and angry.
We beat people up.
We run out of people to beat.
We start killing.
Eventually the world runs out of people.

But seriously, I'm not violent. Unless I'm tired and someone's bugging me.

Then they might get hit by an unidentified flying object... I don't have the strength to do it with my own hands :poke:
Reply 2
shiningmer
We get tired and angry.
We beat people up.
We start killing.

Then they might get hit by an unidentified flying object... I don't have the strength to do it with my own hands :poke:

its not a laughing matter shiningmer :console:
Reply 3
tom//
its not a laughing matter shiningmer :console:

Sorry I guess I got a bit carried away by the title. :erm:
But I guess what the study says is kind of logical.. People tend to think women are always the victims while men are always the 'bad guys' and are disregarded.
shiningmer
We get tired and angry.
We beat people up.
We start killing.

lmao bless that was really funny but I totally agree with you on that one, most women arent violent with out good reason others just gain the satisfaction of control. But yeah quite suprising study!
independent.co.uk
"But women's violence has become increasingly legitimised. There is a sense now that it's OK to 'slap the bastard'."

This is true, I notice all the time that in soaps and dramas it's presented as normal/acceptable for women to slap their partners. I guarantee now that you've thought about it you'll notice it everywhere. I don't think I've known anyone who's done it in real life, but it's pretty worrying that it's normalised in the media.

But there's no reason to make this some kind of competition. We should be creating services/awareness raising about domestic violence against men in addition to what's already done rather than condemning services/awareness/campaigns about violence against women which seems to be what happens whenever this is brought up. Also, this research has nothing to do with violence against girls in schools, it's about domestic violence.
Reply 6
ILoveOrangeJuice
lmao bless that was really funny but I totally agree with you on that one, most women arent violent with out good reason others just gain the satisfaction of control. But yeah quite suprising study!

you could say the same with men to be fair, i mean coming home from a hard days work to find your dinner not cooked right, easily understandable to flip
Reply 7
nolongerhearthemusic
This is true, I notice all the time that in soaps and dramas it's presented as normal/acceptable for women to slap their partners. I guarantee now that you've thought about it you'll notice it everywhere. I don't think I've known anyone who's done it in real life, but it's pretty worrying that it's normalised in the media.

But there's no reason to make this some kind of competition. We should be creating services/awareness raising about domestic violence against men in addition to what's already done rather than condemning services/awareness/campaigns about violence against women which seems to be what happens whenever this is brought up. Also, this research has nothing to do with violence against girls in schools, it's about domestic violence.

when i said violence against girls in schools i mean educating boys in schools about not hitting girls in relationships etc, sorry about being unclear.

but youre right, its always on tv, its just unnoticed because men generally dont complain about things like that.
Reply 8
tom//
you could say the same with men to be fair, i mean coming home from a hard days work to find your dinner not cooked right, easily understandable to flip

Or your washing is not done. Another good reason to show a women who is boss and who should be doing the chores around the house whilst you sit and watch the rugby.

Lest us not forget this men!

:p:
Reply 9
tom//
when i said violence against girls in schools i mean educating boys in schools about not hitting girls in relationships etc, sorry about being unclear.

but youre right, its always on tv, its just unnoticed because men generally dont complain about things like that.

...no in fact some men quite enjoy it :ninja:
Reply 10
gbduo
...no in fact some men quite enjoy it :ninja:

whatever floats your boat i spose :mmm:

flying plates and scratches/slaps dont do it for me im afraid :no:
tom//

Ohh, I see. Do you have a source for that? It seems like a very strange way to go about teaching people about domestic violence, I would have thought it would be much more effective to teach all students in the same way and keep it gender neutral. I mean, wouldn't that also exclude same-sex relationships?
Reply 12
tom//
whatever floats your boat i spose :mmm:

flying plates and scratches/slaps dont do it for me im afraid :no:

You obviously need to experiment more, your loss mate. It makes life so much more interesting when you are avoiding the plates and bowls when all you want to do is give her a little whip with your belt.

Turns me on no end

/sarcasm :biggrin:
Reply 13
girls hormones are always up & down! which men don't experience. So least we have a reason for being more violent! :smile:
Reply 14
nolongerhearthemusic
Ohh, I see. Do you have a source for that? It seems like a very strange way to go about teaching people about domestic violence, I would have thought it would be much more effective to teach all students in the same way and keep it gender neutral. I mean, wouldn't that also exclude same-sex relationships?

Have you been living in a cave all day!? It has been all over the news! Check out the BBC Front page...
Male violence remains a more serious phenomenon: men proved more likely than women to injure their partners. Female aggression tends to involve pushing, slapping and hurling objects.

I suppose both men and women have similar potential to be violent then, but that it comes out in different ways. Also men being generally larger and stronger than their partners means that male-on-female attacks tend to result in bigger injuries.

Anyway I am not surprised that women are violent. Have you ever been the victim of a female bully? Nasty pieces of work.

This article says that women are more violent than men in the context of a domestic dispute, which again I am not surprised at, esp since a lot of women feel under a lot of pressure at home for a number of reasons - esp this stupid 'you can have it all' claptrap - which drives them up the wall. This is not an excuse btw I am just trying to think things through. Hitting your partner is not ok.

"It's a complex argument but we do get more women aggressing against male partners than men against female partners," said Dr George. "The view is that women are acting in self-defence but that is not true - 50 per cent of those who initiate aggression are women. This sends a dangerous message to men because we are saying they are not going to get any legal redress so their option instead is to hit back.

Is that true?!
Reply 16
If a man can't control his wife then he is simply not a real man.
Reply 17
Holamigo
girls hormones are always up & down! which men don't experience. So least we have a reason for being more violent! :smile:

Isn't that essentially the same argument that some men use to justify rape?
gbduo
Have you been living in a cave all day!? It has been all over the news! Check out the BBC Front page...

Pretty much... haven't put the TV on or been to any news websites. Oops :p:

Chris91S
Isn't that essentially the same argument that some men use to justify rape?

Not really the same, but I agree with you that "hormones" is a ridiculous justification for violence.
Reply 19
Violence against women is overplayed, seriously, women are savage bitches.

My ex left scars on my back (fake mails plus multiple orgasms :frown: ) - and measures aren't introduced into schools to tackle that - why bother to introduce measures against violence against women.

Latest

Trending

Trending