The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I complained about my broken GHD hair straightners and they replaced them for free even though they were out of warranty :smile:
My family once sent a non-complaint to Tesco to say they'd missed a pizza out of our order and they refunded the entire £150 shop... Crazy.

We also once asked Ariel why they'd changed the smell of their washing powder, again, not a complaint, just a query, and we got sent £30 worth of vouchers...

I love good customer service.

And anyone with a Starbucks complaint - in my store we'd much rather you come up and say your drink is wrong/food is horrible/etc straight away. We give out a lot of free drink vouchers.
I regularly complain at First Capital Connect for being the worst company in the world, and all I get is cookie cutter responses where it's clear they've not read my email (they tell me to try doing things I've mentioned trying already in my emails, etc).

I literally hate them and want them all to die.
Reply 63
BubblesMcGee
And anyone with a Starbucks complaint - in my store we'd much rather you come up and say your drink is wrong/food is horrible/etc straight away. We give out a lot of free drink vouchers.

Of course you would. You don't want it recorded as a complaint to head office.
BubblesMcGee
My family once sent a non-complaint to Tesco to say they'd missed a pizza out of our order and they refunded the entire £150 shop... Crazy.

We also once asked Ariel why they'd changed the smell of their washing powder, again, not a complaint, just a query, and we got sent £30 worth of vouchers...

sounds like a mistake.

DId someone actually say they were refunding you the entire shop or did they just say we'll sort it out and you later found they had somehow given the 150 back?
Reply 65
Buying a 24 crate of Stella in Tesco's, a small piece of glass was on the top of the box and I got a tiny cut on my finger...proceeded to get an apology from the manager and as a 'goodwill gesture' got the beer free! Free beer tastes so much sweeter.
Reply 66
Complained to Stagecoach about 2 years ago when my bus to school was at least ten minutes late every day for a month. One day I was waiting 30 minutes in a foot of snow for it and it didn't turn up. All we got was a standard reply even though about a dozen people complained. :frown:
My dad has had a similar problem with First buses. We complained and we didn't get anything back. They have to be one of the worst companies ever. Especially where I live, where their bus prices are higher here so the rest of Scotland can get them cheaper. Oil Capital does not = everyone is rich!

Not a complaint, but I got a little flyer in with an Amazon order from Indigo Starfish saying I've got a free gift from Poundsaver worth "over £100"... despite the website stating "we at Poundsaver sell all products at £1, £2 or £3 pounds"... Waiting for a call back from them at the moment.
Reply 67
I only had 3 sausage rolls in a pack of 4 from ginsters once. They only gave me £3 of vouchers :frown: barely worth the effort...
In year 7 me and my friend wrote a letter complaining how all the smarties in the tube were orange. We got like a voucher thing that we could buy loads of smarties with :smile:
Reply 69
JamesWyl
Complained to Stagecoach about 2 years ago when my bus to school was at least ten minutes late every day for a month. One day I was waiting 30 minutes in a foot of snow for it and it didn't turn up. All we got was a standard reply even though about a dozen people complained. :frown:
My dad has had a similar problem with First buses. We complained and we didn't get anything back. They have to be one of the worst companies ever. Especially where I live, where their bus prices are higher here so the rest of Scotland can get them cheaper. Oil Capital does not = everyone is rich!

Not a complaint, but I got a little flyer in with an Amazon order from Indigo Starfish saying I've got a free gift from Poundsaver worth "over £100"... despite the website stating "we at Poundsaver sell all products at £1, £2 or £3 pounds"... Waiting for a call back from them at the moment.

Yeah, your "free gift" is £100 in holiday vouchers with loads of restrictions
I complained to O2 because they cut off my service for no reason, and they gave me £10 credit :biggrin:
Reply 71
Cicerao
Yeahhh, I complained to Walkers about them catching dolphins in the fishing nets they use.

They reassured me that Walkers don't use fishing nets because crisps are made out of potatoes.

Who'd have thought it? :teehee:

Cicerao you are definitely getting plus rep for that from me, made me laugh! :ahee:

secretmessages
:confused: Why did you basically copy this post from an answer posted on Yahoo Answers seven months ago by a girl named Emily, when in fact you are a male?

Edit: In fact, looking through your posts, half of what you say seems to be copied from various other websites. Can't you post your own opinions instead of other people's?

oooooh. :curious: How did you find out that angelrose was copying from Yahoo Answers? Ha! Dude got merked...
Reply 72
Cicerao
Yeahhh, I complained to Walkers about them catching dolphins in the fishing nets they use.

They reassured me that Walkers don't use fishing nets because crisps are made out of potatoes.

Who'd have thought it? :teehee:

:rofl:

I love it when posts actually make me LOL! :yep:
sylv
oooooh. :curious: How did you find out that angelrose was copying from Yahoo Answers? Ha! Dude got merked...

I was intrigued by the post and wanted to find out more about Cadbury's customer service, so I Googled it, and it came up with his exact same response on Yahoo Answers :erm:. So I investigated some more and found out that half his posts were just copied from other websites :holmes:
Reply 74
I got £150 off a Macbook from Apple after they messed up charging my account after I cancelled an order.
Reply 75
My Mum complained to Quality Street after buying a tin that had none of her favourite strawberry creams so they sent her a tin full of them along with a letter of apology :smile:
Hey guys :smile: you all seem to be rather experienced in complaining! So do you think its worth me and my boyfriend complaining to Riu Hotels or Thomson, after we went on holiday to the Dominican Republic, and we both had upset stomachs for a week out of the 2, we had a gigantic foreign bug thing on our door and when we rang reception they pretended they didnt understand us and wouldn't come remove it, my ipod was stolen and miraculously turned up 12 days later, when we tried to warn other britains in the leave a comment book for thomson the rep removed them all, there was never any sun loungers around the pool, and I also got stuck in a lift one afternoon .

The only reason I question it is because the holiday was in july so quite a while ago...
Reply 77
Juno
Yeah, your "free gift" is £100 in holiday vouchers with loads of restrictions

Yep. I got 21 days free stay in a hotel valid for a year... All I need to do is pay £1.60 postage, then £85 for a year....

Me: There isn't an age limit on this thing, is there?
Man: Nope, not at all
Me: I'm only 17?
Man: Oh well then, you can't have this. Bye.
Reply 78
my mum got knocked over after some security guards at asda were chasing this guy she got a free water bottle and some flowers (only becuase i cuaght her from falling) i wonder what they would have done if she fell!
i bought a sandwich from boots and got food poisoning, i complained and after them trying to state that it wasn't their fault which it blatently was i got 20 boots vouchers :biggrin: made me happy to get the vouchers but didn't quite compensate me being violently sick in a public place all day!

Latest

Trending

Trending