The Student Room Group

Interview Tips for Electronic and Electrical Engineering!!!

Hi,

This is my first time ive posted a therad on TSR, so my apologies if this is not the right place.

Ive got an interview at UCL for Electronic and Electric engineering in 5 days but i havent been to any interviews yet. This is my first one but it is the most important one.

So please could someone tell me what do i need to keep in mind and what kind of questions will i be asked and what to expect and etc ?

Thanks
Reply 1
I applied last year and my interview was quite pleasant. My interviewer asked me why I wanted to do the course, then looked at my PS and asked about some of my subjects. Then he randomly asked me why I liked UCL over Imperial and I made up a random reason. He then started bashing Imperial for about a minute before asking if I had any questions. That last bit is quite important: make sure you have some questions ready to ask the interviewer.
Reply 2
thanks for the reply Hasan.. but was yours one to one interview or group interview..because i heard theres a difference betweeen one to one and group interview :s-smilie:
Reply 3
bibekpd
thanks for the reply Hasan.. but was yours one to one interview or group interview..because i heard theres a difference betweeen one to one and group interview :s-smilie:

It was one to one. Don't worry about it, there were no maths/physics questions.
Reply 4
oh oki .. im jus preparing for normal interview questions like .. why ucl ? why electrical engineering? and etc.. anyways hope i wonttt failll the interview because UCL is my main choiceee :frown:
Reply 5
When did ucl receive your application?
when did they give you the offer?
conditional or unconditional?
what was you predicted grades?

Im also applying to ucl for the same course

GOOD LUCK BRO!
Reply 6
i got in .. UCL want AAB in any order with ICT MATHS n PHYSICS
bibekpd
i got in .. UCL want AAB in any order with ICT MATHS n PHYSICS

congradz :smile:
Reply 8
Nonbeatific
congradz :smile:

Reply 9
hey !
what did they asked you during the interview??
was it group or 1-1 ??
cheers !
When it comes to technical questions, what is likely to come up ?!

Quick Reply

Latest