The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

How do I change course from within UCL??

Hi all,:smile:

Im currently in my first year of an undergrad degree at UCL in the language department. However, Im really disliking my course and I certainly do not want to carry on with it for the next 4 years. Id love to transfer to History but I called up the department 3 weeks into the term and they said I couldnt get in for this year as I didnt have an A in History (I was only a couple of UMS marks off!) and that I would need to achieve that A in order to be considered for a place in the history course.

I am now entered for 2 history retakes in Jan and the Hist department said there was a way to transfer from within the uni.

So my question is, how do I go about that? Has anyone on here had a similar experience??? If so, how did it go?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Cheers :smile:
Reply 1
well i swapped from mechanical engineering to biology (took too long though so i could only transfer intot he course the following sep) anyways, what i did was i first talked to my year tutor thing person, and i asked the admission tutor for the subject i wanted, once they said it was ok, i filled in this form:
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/current-students/services/studyinformation/change_program_form

this page should give you some more info:
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/current-students/services/studyinformation/changecourse
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
cloud101
Hi all,:smile:

Im currently in my first year of an undergrad degree at UCL in the language department. However, Im really disliking my course and I certainly do not want to carry on with it for the next 4 years. Id love to transfer to History but I called up the department 3 weeks into the term and they said I couldnt get in for this year as I didnt have an A in History (I was only a couple of UMS marks off!) and that I would need to achieve that A in order to be considered for a place in the history course.

I am now entered for 2 history retakes in Jan and the Hist department said there was a way to transfer from within the uni.

So my question is, how do I go about that? Has anyone on here had a similar experience??? If so, how did it go?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Cheers :smile:

you should talk to your personal tutor. Where it is easy to internally transfer, if history say they need A, then u need an A. I transferred at the end of my first year between two sciences but i got a 2:1. I think to transfer internally a 2:1 is a requirement, so you could do linguistics for a year, get a 2:1 (whilst sorting history out), and then transfer at end of this year?

Best to talk to your personal tutor as i say...mention the option i gave you to him/her and see what they say.

blue
Reply 3
Original post by blue_shift86
you should talk to your personal tutor. Where it is easy to internally transfer, if history say they need A, then u need an A. I transferred at the end of my first year between two sciences but i got a 2:1. I think to transfer internally a 2:1 is a requirement, so you could do linguistics for a year, get a 2:1 (whilst sorting history out), and then transfer at end of this year?

Best to talk to your personal tutor as i say...mention the option i gave you to him/her and see what they say.

blue

Do you know cases of transferring form IMB to Economics?
Original post by hawx90

what is imb?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
what is imb?

information management for business
Original post by hawx90
information management for business

imb is in the social science/humanties dept right? if it's in the same dept then it should be pretty straight forward to change as long as you meet the minimum prerequisite for the course you wanting to chance onto.
Reply 7
imb is in the social science/humanties dept right? if it's in the same dept then it should be pretty straight forward to change as long as you meet the minimum prerequisite for the course you wanting to chance onto.

probably management science...different from humanities?
Reply 8
Original post by hawx90

Hi, I don't know if you'll read my message but I've got the same problem.
I received an offer for the IMB course and I don't want to go there. As I obtained the requirements to go to the Economics course, I just wanted to know if you succeeded in changing !

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending