The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm going to work in McDonalds.
Reply 2
GodspeedGehenna
I'm going to work in McDonalds.

/thread
Reply 3
Yeah, I'm definitely gonna do postgrad as well. I'm interested in the idea of lecturing, but I just don't know at the moment. I'll see what interests me when I start my degree.
Ah, I remember when I thought I was going to do postgrad Psych.. Then I started my undergrad...

:biggrin:
No idea yet! :sadnod:
Want to go into politics. Either through law, political research or newspapering.
Reply 7
missaphrodite
For anyone doing/applying for/planning to apply for a psychology degree, even if it's early days, what do you plan to do afterwards and why? (all going well :p: )
As of yet, I have absolutely no idea because all possible career routes interest me, but I'm almost definitely going to do postgrad.

maybe forensic psychology...not too sure really
I want to go to Sandhurst and get a commission into the Intelligence Corps. I'm doing International History and Politics (hopefully).
Make a lot a lot a lot of money (really).
Reply 10
What do people do after they get there degrees? Do they go get a job? Isn't there a higher level degree you can do (if you know what I mean :unsure: )
Ah by the way, I posted this in the psychology section so really I was asking people what they were going to do if they're doing a degree in psychology, sorry for any confusion!
GodspeedGehenna
Ah, I remember when I thought I was going to do postgrad Psych.. Then I started my undergrad...

:biggrin:

So what are you going to do?
Alongside your career in McDonalds, obviously :biggrin:
missaphrodite
So what are you going to do?
Alongside your career in McDonalds, obviously :biggrin:

Grad Med.

I've had enough of Psychology and I'm only halfway into my second year. About a year ago I was one of the millions of Psych students who "wan be a clinkul psychologost".
Reply 14
I was the same, absolutely sure I wanted to do an masters in forensic psychology and now I'm at Drama School. Fun times.
Forensic Psychology tbh.
Reply 16
Tbh I already have a niggling feeling that psychology is a bit too wishy-washy for me. I'll probably end up applying for graduate medicine, if I can be arsed, or something along those lines. Any postgrad I end up doing will definitely be heavily science-y/maths-y. Obviously clinical psychology would be great, but it's ridiculously competitive and whatnot.
Anna---K
Tbh I already have a niggling feeling that psychology is a bit too wishy-washy for me. I'll probably end up applying for graduate medicine, if I can be arsed, or something along those lines. Any postgrad I end up doing will definitely be heavily science-y/maths-y. Obviously clinical psychology would be great, but it's ridiculously competitive and whatnot.

And grad med isn't?
Reply 18
GodspeedGehenna
And grad med isn't?

Of course it is, but it doesn't require quite as many years of slave labour to my knowledge. That's what I meant by 'whatnot'.
Anna---K

Ah, guessing that's why Nottingham's your first choice then?
How come you didn't apply for psych and PCN? Or for medicine?

Ha sorry for all the questions, just wondering.

Latest

Trending

Trending