The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

How long did it take for Imperial to give you an offer?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I sort of have a notion that if they have only acknowledged me so far and not offered me an interview/given me an offer, they will probably wait for all applications to be an next year and then give me an answer. Is this true in any way?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 41
Wicketer
I sort of have a notion that if they have only acknowledged me so far and not offered me an interview/given me an offer, they will probably wait for all applications to be an next year and then give me an answer. Is this true in any way?

how do you come to this conclusion?
Reply 42
Applied October, Interview 11th Nov, Offer 7th Dec

MEng Aero :wink:
Reply 43
Takoyaki
Applied October, Interview 11th Nov, Offer 7th Dec

MEng Aero :wink:

so, if you did get the Cambridge offer, will you go for it instead of Imperial? :wink:
Reply 44
newman24x
so, if you did get the Cambridge offer, will you go for it instead of Imperial? :wink:

Um... That's really hard to say. I went to Imperial and loved it, then I went to Cambridge and I hated it. My room smelt, I got lost, the bathroom door wouldn't close, the walls are thin...

My dad really wants me to go to Cambridge but I don't think it would be good for my health. So I kind of hope to get rejected so I never need to make that decision.

Imperial was my first choice anyway :p:
Reply 45
Takoyaki
Um... That's really hard to say. I went to Imperial and loved it, then I went to Cambridge and I hated it. My room smelt, I got lost, the bathroom door wouldn't close, the walls are thin...

My dad really wants me to go to Cambridge but I don't think it would be good for my health. So I kind of hope to get rejected so I never need to make that decision.

Imperial was my first choice anyway :p:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

You must be some kind of daddys princess... "not good for health". HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Reply 46
Interview 11th Nov, Offer 9th Dec
For Civil Engineering + Year abroad! (H202)
Definitely my first choice!
Reply 47
Interview 11th Nov, Offer 1st December
For EEE (probably firm choice).
newman24x
did you try to contact them during that time? you differed entry for other unis to wait for Imperial?

I didnt contact them, and simply didnt reply to the others on UCAS
Reply 49
Nick Longjohnson
I didnt contact them, and simply didnt reply to the others on UCAS

is it because you are an international student somehow?

anyways, you're a very patient man mate :smile:
:yep:
Reply 50
angrygeek
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

You must be some kind of daddys princess... "not good for health". HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hey I'm not a daddy's princess! :mad:

I just have standards (which my mum says is non-existent). When I say something is bad, it must be REALLY bad. :p:

If you went to Emmanuel College you would know what I mean. The only good thing is that the food is AWESOME. Well, I liked it anyway. And the ducks are the only other good thing about Emma. :biggrin:

Whereas in Imperial I was like :yep: this is where I want to be
Reply 51
Takoyaki

Whereas in Imperial I was like :yep: this is where I want to be

So what is it you like so much about Imperial that you decide to reject Cambridge ? :smile:
newman24x
is it because you are an international student somehow?

anyways, you're a very patient man mate :smile:
:yep:

Well, I'm classed as an EU citizen living outside of the EU. I guess thats why I wasnt called for an interview...and replied to last.
Reply 53
angrygeek
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Wow so you're basing your view of the entire university on the 1 room they gave which they most likely only use for guests / interviewees. :yep:
Reply 54
newman24x
how do you come to this conclusion?

Well if some got offers as early as November and others have to wait 'till the new year, doesn't that imply that some exceptional students are given a decision early and others just have to wait until all the applications are considered?
Reply 55
Wicketer
Well if some got offers as early as November and others have to wait 'till the new year, doesn't that imply that some exceptional students are given a decision early and others just have to wait until all the applications are considered?

Don't you think Imperial Applicants are/should be good students already? :smile: (urm...well, as I've been told that is )

Well I don't know about the selection part. Maybe yes maybe no. Well, lets hope for the best.

hurm..on a side note, do you think the coming Christmas will slow them down with the application processing?
Hey people,

I saw this thread and thought I should probably reply.

I got natta from Imperial until an interview letter telling me to come to an interview in two weeks time (Mid-end October). Then I went to the interview and 2 weeks later I get this generic letter, auto-generated saying something about decisions in January, then 1 day later I get a conditional offer.

Studying, MSc Physics, 4 year course.

So yeah, don't be disheartened if you don't get anything from them for a while.
Reply 57
SomethingWitty
Hey people,
I got natta from Imperial until an interview letter telling me to come to an interview in two weeks time (Mid-end October). Then I went to the interview and 2 weeks later I get this generic letter, auto-generated saying something about decisions in January, then 1 day later I get a conditional offer.

So you went to the Mid-end October interview and after 2 weeks later (which probably was November by then), you got a letter stating the decisions of the College will be in January, but 1 day later you got an offer?? :confused:

Am i getting this correctly?
Reply 58
Warm greetings to all postgraduate M.Sc. applicants to Imperial:

I am an international student who submitted my application for the 1-year full-time M.Sc. Physics course at Imperial on 9 Nov 2009.

However, at this stage I have not received any word from Imperial about offers. Daily visits to Track (i.e. the Student E-Service) shows that my application is "currently still being processed".

Just wondering if any of the postgraduate M.Sc. applicants here (from the UK or international applicants) have received offers yet?

Thank you.
newman24x
So you went to the Mid-end October interview and after 2 weeks later (which probably was November by then), you got a letter stating the decisions of the College will be in January, but 1 day later you got an offer?? :confused:

Am i getting this correctly?

Yup.

That's exactly what I'm saying.

Quick Reply

Latest