The Student Room Group

World Lit II - problem/ question

I am doing a commentary for my 2nd world lit assignment.

In the criteria, it states that the extract chosen should be about 30 lines of prose...The extract I have chosen is about 28 lines long in the actual book, but when I typed it up it was only about 21 lines....should I keep it as it is or should I add a section from the previous paragraph, although it is very insignificant and i will have nothing to say about it? :confused:
Reply 1
It doesn't matter how many lines you get when you type it up, what matters is how many lines the source has, i.e. the 28 lines you mention. E.g. a Petrarchan Sonnet should always have 14 lines, regardless of their length. Same counts for prose. Especially if you have little to say about anything you would add on, I wouldn't gamble on it, because you might get marked down for having too many lines.

Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 2
Welix
It doesn't matter how many lines you get when you type it up, what matters is how many lines the source has, i.e. the 28 lines you mention. E.g. a Petrarchan Sonnet should always have 14 lines, regardless of their length. Same counts for prose. Especially if you have little to say about anything you would add on, I wouldn't gamble on it, because you might get marked down for having too many lines.

Hope that helps :smile:

Definitely helps!

Hope that works, I am gonna make the margins of the page bigger so that it is the same number of lines as the book ;D

Latest

Trending

Trending