The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
There is an option for campus accomodation I think! there is a lot of info on their website for pgce accomodation.

ive got my interview in january for a waiting list place...really gutted thats its only for the waiting list but hey...still gonna try and nail it.

have u got any advice and tips for the interview....i would really really really appreciate it! :smile: :smile: :smile:
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
independent2
There is an option for campus accomodation I think! there is a lot of info on their website for pgce accomodation.

ive got my interview in january for a waiting list place...really gutted thats its only for the waiting list but hey...still gonna try and nail it.

have u got any advice and tips for the interview....i would really really really appreciate it! :smile: :smile: :smile:

Hey, yeah the interview is a very tiring day!! make sure you bring a drink of water with you, you will need it.. what pgce subject will you be doing, because if its social science then the writing part will be a 500 word essay on a news story of your choice and how that links to sociology and psychology...

The 1st part of the day just seem enphusiastic, but not too over the top.. look confident when performing your group task (simple task, involving cards and arranging them into what are the 5 best and worst things about a teacher, and then explaining infront of everyone why you have picked those cards)...

the individual interview is the worst part, its rearlly hard to know what the person was thinking... so just make sure that you put forward your passion for teaching, and just be honest!.. thats why i think i got in, because i was completly honest with what i said... like at one point, because i know that the placements could be anywhere, i just said in the interview that 'ive got to buy a satnav'.. that got a laugh out of him...

you have just got to stand out for good reasons.. and dont be a 'no it all' because one of the girls there was, and wouldnt listen to others in the group task, so ive got a feeling she didnt get in.

hope that helps.. and keep me posted on how you get on

amy
x
Thank you so much for the advice. I really appreciate it :smile:

You must have done really well considering how competitive it is. When was your interview?

Thanks again!
Reply 4
my interview was the 4th november i think.. i think it was one of the 1st

and no problem, i hope you do well

amy
x
Hey!

I'm going to do a Marketing Msc.
Accomodation...well I don't really know yet.
I think I'll go and have a look around the uni before I decide.
Reply 6
I was accepted into a MA in New Media + Society.

Though, a little torn between here and Goldsmiths; the latter having a pretty strong programme in Digital Media, and certainly more established (given that Leicester have just added their offering).
Reply 7
well done for getting accepted.. how long until you have to decide where you will be going (leicester or goldsmiths)?

And yeah the whole accomodation thing is annoying because i think i would be happy in postgrad halls, but they have no carparking facilities.. so i think the only way is to go provate accomodation.. but i would hate to share with undergrads,.. i dunno yet??

Amy
Reply 8
Goldsmiths have given me until the end of January, Leicester seem okay with the rather vague, "as soon as you can." I probably should have locked down my order of precedence prior to applying :wink:

And yeah, the accommodation thing is a pain. I certainly don't want to share with undergrads at this point.
Reply 9
thisboy
I was accepted into a MA in New Media + Society.

Though, a little torn between here and Goldsmiths; the latter having a pretty strong programme in Digital Media, and certainly more established (given that Leicester have just added their offering).

congrats! i'm about to secure my unconditional offer for the same course, started on 4th october. but i, too, have some thoughts on comparing it with the Media & Cultural Studies at Sussex. From my small research, Leicester offers more interesting classes. What do you think? Thanks.

Latest

Trending

Trending