The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

strawberries
I really need some advice. I have had a best mate for five years and we were so close, just always there and stuff and knew absolutely everything about it other and so on. Our friendship has always had its ups and downs and we argued like two sisters constanlty arguing and making up.... Anyway theres a bit of background

On June 18th we were supposed to be going to Milton Keynes together to see Greenday it had been booked for absolutely months. The train tickets and everything, we'd been out on the friday night and said will meet you att he train station at 12 O'Clock and everything was fine both were excited. Then at 11:40 just as I was leaving for the station I got a phonecall from my mate, she said she had too many exams and she just didnt think she could go, she had too much revision, she wanted me to lie to my mum and dad and spend the day with her revising and say we'd been to the gig, but it was a birthday present from my parents and I couldnt do that, my conscience wouldn't let me, and I wouldnt lie anyway. So at this point I was absolutely gutted after 5 months of total planning and excitement 20 minutes before we were supposed to be on the train, shed let me down, its pathetic but I sobbed, it was too late to find anyone else to go on the ticket, and we'd missed the train anyway. I had to go round to her house to collect the tickets so I went round all blotchy eyed and in a bit of a messs really and said are you sure you don't know anyone who wants tyour ticket, your sister etc she confirmed no nobody wants the ticket. So I had the tickets at my house in the end and my sister and her friend decided theyd go, theyd misssed the train and would have had to have paid £100 to get on the 5 oclock train, so my dad drove them from wolverhampton to milton keynes, anyway this was all fine, theyd missed half of greenday anyway and all the support bands. Until the next day my friend turned around and said my parents want the money off your sisters friend for my ticket cos my sister couldve gone, shocked she is so rich her dad easily turns over £150 k each year and I was stunned when she asked, and then she said I wouldnt expect you or your pathetic family to understand,you dont get it and so on, and was being really nasty saying my family wanted me to fail my exams and i got a message saying expect that my dad will call you 2morro and i was upset and a bit scared actually so I showed my parents, anyway my mom foned her mum to discuss it and her mum said I am *********ing pathetic and slammed the phone down. Since then I have tried to speak to my friend and stuff and last thursday it was fine, but then friday she blanked me and then last night she just kicked off and said she never wants to speak to me ever again, she doesnt feel anything for me but hate, and she finds it easy to hate me, we've been best friends for over five years, I just felt my heart had been ripped out, and I was devastated cos I knew she meant it, we hang around in the same 7 and are all supposed to be going to birthday parties and even on holiday together in two weeks as a seven, and I just really dont know what to do or feel, I am 18 have just finished my alevels on monday and I feel so low, could anybody please give me some adivce, even it is just pull yourself together or...if youve managed to read this far, congratulations and im sorry for boring you. Thanks a lot for any replies. Lauraxxx

Dear, Laura!
I wanted to write that I can totaly understand what u feel now. Coz just when I was 18 I lost my friend with whom we were friends since our birth day! Our moms were friends and we were born in the same month, and were best friends for 18 years...and on my b-day, on the 18th one, we had a huge fight and now I am 20 we didnt make up. We talk we meet sometimes but it is not like used to be - to formal :dontknow: I tryed to make up many times and the whole story is the same long as urs, or even longer...so I won't write it, I just want to say that perhaps ur never going to be the same...there are just 2 ways - either u make up and r the same, or u never be friends ever again. I dont know why she behaved so bitchy to you, may be she has her exams as an exuse, may be she is jelaous to u for some reason (you are more beautiful than her, u r more successful, ur marks are better etc) or may be u did smth wrong that U even havent noticed?! Like in my case - I was too jelaous to her new and first BF, I behaved not really nice to him etc and it was very important to her, so she could not forgive me...think about all this. and good luck in making up with her!!! I know it is very important to you!!! Truly friends are hard to find so good luck!!!!!
Reply 101
Just give her a break for a while, it could be exam stress it might not be but she clearly needs some space to sort herself out.
CherryGarcia
Dear, Laura!
I wanted to write that I can totaly understand what u feel now. Coz just when I was 18 I lost my friend with whom we were friends since our birth day! Our moms were friends and we were born in the same month, and were best friends for 18 years...and on my b-day, on the 18th one, we had a huge fight and now I am 20 we didnt make up. We talk we meet sometimes but it is not like used to be - to formal :dontknow: I tryed to make up many times and the whole story is the same long as urs, or even longer...so I won't write it, I just want to say that perhaps ur never going to be the same...there are just 2 ways - either u make up and r the same, or u never be friends ever again. I dont know why she behaved so bitchy to you, may be she has her exams as an exuse, may be she is jelaous to u for some reason (you are more beautiful than her, u r more successful, ur marks are better etc) or may be u did smth wrong that U even havent noticed?! Like in my case - I was too jelaous to her new and first BF, I behaved not really nice to him etc and it was very important to her, so she could not forgive me...think about all this. and good luck in making up with her!!! I know it is very important to you!!! Truly friends are hard to find so good luck!!!!!

I think some of it has something to do with her new boyfriend (of seven months) I think we both feel threatened by each other cos hes in the spot where i used to be sort of thing,but I never said anything about him and I tried my best to treat him nicely and was nice to them invited them round and so on, but i cant help but think in this fallout that he is thinking a of himself and thinking if me and jen arent friends that it will leave more room for him, i'm not sure. I mean I cant say that indefinately cos we were so close and seemed to be bickering more often and stuff. But from what you described above, our relationships sound so very similar and it seems that we were both playing the same roles in these relationships.. but I dont know, its so hard when you depend on someone and love them and you feel hated and betrayed by them and they are also (dont know whether it is on purpose) making my friends subconsciously turn against me.

Latest

Trending

Trending