Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Khanage: harder, better, faster, stronger.

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    12/01/09
    ---------

Squats:
    100kg x 5
    120kg x 5
    125kg x 3
    100kg x 5

Bench Press:
    60kg x 8
    80kg x 6
    87.5kg x 5
    87.5kg x 4

Deadlifts:
    100kg x 5
    120kg x 5
    130kg x 5
    140kg x 5

Dips:
    Bodyweight x 8, 8, 6.

DB Incline Bench:
    60kg x 6
    65kg x 6, 5.

DB Tri Extensions:
    30kg x 8
    32.5kg x 8
    35kg x 6

Cardio:
    Stepper - 10x 30s intense(level 18) , 30s rest.
    Bike - 10x 30s intense (level 18), 30s rest.
    --------------------

Comments:

Kinda a rippetoe session/extra emphesis on chest & tris. Not getting 125x5 on squats annoyed me a bit, but deadlifts went well. Some genius finally brought chalk to the gym, and that helped loads. Missed a rep here and there, 1 more on 87.5 bench, 2 dips, 1 on db inc. To be honest though it was probobly too much for one session. Cardio was good as well, not exactly HIIT more.. medium IIT, got a good sweat on anyway.

Will do another bodyweight session from Solitary Fitness later too, no need to post it: it's just some press ups, squat thrusts, star jumps, some more towel resistance work.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    swole bench and deadlift
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Jesus that's a big sesh, I'd be dead after all that
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sandhu)
    swole bench and deadlift
    Haha cheers mate. How are your deads coming along? Saw a vid on youtube of 130kg I think?

(Original post by Transatlanticdrawl_)
    Jesus that's a big sesh, I'd be dead after all that
    Yeah i pretty much was, nearly fell down the stairs on the way out! But i'm not gonna be able to gym weds/thurs i think as i'm going to London, so gotta have big sessions today and tomorrow!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    13/01/09
    ---------

Power Cleans:
    60kg x 6
    70kg x 5
    77.5kg x 5
    80kg x 5

Barbell Row:
    60kg x 8, 8, 8.

Military Press:
    40kg x 8
    50kg x 6
    55kg x 5, 4.

DB Hammer Curls:
    15kg x 8
    17.5kg x 6, 6.

EZ Preacher Curls:
    20kg x 8
    25kg x 6, 6
    30kg x 5

Cardio:
    Treadmill - 3mins 12kph, 3min 13kph, 3min 14kph.
    Handbike - 10x 30s intense (level 18), 30s rest.
    --------------------

Comments:

Good session overall, really happy with the power cleans, never tried 80kg and got out 5 reps! Military press was going good, until some slight back pain towards the end of the sets, think my form was a bit dodgy. If this persists, i'll lower the weight a little bit, go back to 50 and go for 6-8 reps. Curls because i haven't done bi's in a while. Cardio shoulden't have been that difficult, but for some reason I was sweating buckets!

Had a tough couple of sessions because i'm off to London for a couple of days so I can't get to the gym. Will be back in the gym friday probobly.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good powercleans + pressing.

Congrats on the PB
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Back from london town, diet hasn't been great due to having to buy food and eat on the move. Back home at the moment for like 30 mins now, then travelling 2 hours back to Uni!!

Tomorrow i've got rugby training, will probobly go to the gym too if im not too nackered after.

This weekend i'll be brainstorming my new workout plan starting next week (19th). I'll be reassessing my goals, at the moment I'm thinking of having a mini cut? Or at least sorting my diet out, and adding a bit more cardio/fitness work. I have a problem as I enjoy chasing strength numbers and goals lol, but also want to have less fat and be generally a little slimmer and more defined. I'm gonna sort out a routine similar to what im doing already, but sort out my diet, add some HIIT, and maybe aim for some hypertrophy? Aim for 8-10 reps

Oh well, i've got all weekend to mull this over, so will keep you guys updated if your interested! Got a 2 hour train journey to Cardiff to think about it now!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bebbs)
    Good powercleans + pressing.

Congrats on the PB
    Thanks mate, just read your thread to, I almost puked after tuesdays session lol! Mine would have just gone all over the car park though, not in a guys face. Well done on keeping it down!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Your strength isn't too bad; better than the average gym-goer at any rate.

Are all your DB lifts the sum of the two or just the one? I'm not sure.

Good going anyway.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosophising Monkey)
    Your strength isn't too bad; better than the average gym-goer at any rate.

Are all your DB lifts the sum of the two or just the one? I'm not sure.

Good going anyway.
    Ah sorry I messed up, the DB hammer curls on the last session are just the one DB, for example I used 2x 15kg dumbells, and 2x 17.5 kg dumbells.

But the other sessions ive written are the sum of the 2 dumbells. E.g. DB incline bench was 60kg, which was 2x30kg dbs.

In future i'll use the sum of both dumbells.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Right, been away for a few days as I left my laptop cable at home when i came to uni! Back now though and i've been training..

-----------------------------------------------
    16/01/08
    Rugby Training
    --------------
    Comments:
    Mainly tactics and working on moves, semi contact match with plenty of running involved.

17/01/08
    Light Leg Work
    & Some Arms
    --------------
    Comments:
    Kind of a thrown together session, wasn't really feeling up to the gym. Did a light fat loss/legs circuit consisting of light squats, lunges, jumps etc. And then the guy i was getting a lift home with had ages to go so I did a bit of beach weights haha.

18/01/08
    Cardio
    --------------
    Comments:
    Really good session. Haven't had a good cardio session in a while. 16 mins on the treadmill, level 9 for 1 min, level 16 1 min. Also some short high intensity work on the rower, and some moderate bike work.

19/01/08
    7am Rugby Fitness Training:
    --------------
    Comments:
    Another good session, some sprints and ladder work, down ups (lying on the floor face up or down, then getting up as fast as you can and sprinting 30m)

--------------
    Chest and Tri's
    --------------

Bench Press:
    60kg x 8
    80kg x 8
    85kg x 6
    90kg x 5

Decline Smith Press:
    60kg x 8
    70kg x 6
    80kg x 4

Incline Smith Press:
    60kg x 6
    60kg x 5,5.

DB Flies:
    12.5kg (x2) x 8,8,8.

Dips:
    Bodyweight x 8,6.6.

DB Extensions:
    28kg x 8
    34kg x 8,8.

Cable Extensions:
    Level 10 x 7
    Level 9 x 8,8.
    --------------
    Comments:
    For some reason, i ended up going with two of the elder and more muscular people from my rugby team, and they apparantly enjoy destroying their chest by benching normal, incline and decline in one session. The flies were like murder! Some decent tri work too.

OVERALL COMMENTS:

Hmm.. been busy back at uni re-organising my timetable and some other shizzle, haven't had time to change my training routine yet. Im thinking of adding more cardio to do some fat loss? Not sure though yet. Watch this space! Thanks.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    nice bench
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do you like/respond well to high volume routines?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khanage)
    Haha cheers mate. How are your deads coming along? Saw a vid on youtube of 130kg I think?
    pretty well, there's a vid of 135kg up now. no more deads till sunday.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    Do you like/respond well to high volume routines?
    Yeah I do. Some days your just really up for the gym, and other you're not i guess.

I think it's because it was my first proper session back at my uni gym? The gym at home i was using in the holidays was nice and clean, like 90% of the place was for cardio/machine weights, and like 10% free weights. The gym at uni is a bit smaller, but pretty much 50/50. The gym area has a really good feeling, like.. the equipment isnt all brand new, its all been used for a long time, it has a raw feel, and because its a uni gym, its full of a lot of younger people my age, so i enjoy my workouts.

Also I always enjoy mondays in the gym cos it means doing chest, probobly my favourite bodypart!

The best thing is to probobly listen to your body. That workout is quite high volume to what i normally do, but i guess I was in the zone! Also, i went with 2 teammates from rugby who are more senior and established players in the year above me, so I was trying to compete with them in the gym. That kind of motivated me too.

Hope that helped.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sandhu)
    pretty well, there's a vid of 135kg up now. no more deads till sunday.
    Ah good man! Keep progressing mate. I'm gonna do some deads in the next couple of days. Will see how it goes. Might try 150..
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    The best thing is to probobly listen to your body. That workout is quite high volume to what i normally do, but i guess I was in the zone!
    However, being in the zone does not enhance recovery abilities. Whilst overtraining is a gradual thing that often takes weeks to build up, a high volume day can significantly add to this if the trainee does not usually do so much workload per session, or is not suited to high volume routines.

Of course if you are suited to high volume stuff (unlike most of us) then by all means do high volume stuff as you will grow better off of it.

Also, i went with 2 teammates from rugby who are more senior and established players in the year above me, so I was trying to compete with them in the gym. That kind of motivated me too.

Hope that helped.
    This is how people get injured.

By all means, if you're only going to add an extra few kilos, or try and extra rep or two, you're fine; but what repeatedly happens is the smaller guy tries to add 20+kg to his lifts in an effort to compete with the more experienced lifters, and something goes.

All I'm saying is be careful when it comes to trying to compete with guys much above your own level. It's easy when you're in the zone and surrounded by stronger guys to think you can easily add an extra 5kg plate to each side of that bar in an effort to compete.

Also, I just noticed that you were doing incline and decline smith presses. Any particular reason?

Most prefer barbell, and get better results from barbell.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    OVERALL COMMENTS:

Hmm.. been busy back at uni re-organising my timetable and some other shizzle, haven't had time to change my training routine yet. Im thinking of adding more cardio to do some fat loss? Not sure though yet. Watch this space! Thanks.
    Strong pressing.

I would look into GPP or some crossfit stuff for the fatloss. That would also help your conditioning alot, which will make you better at rugby.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    However, being in the zone does not enhance recovery abilities. Whilst overtraining is a gradual thing that often takes weeks to build up, a high volume day can significantly add to this if the trainee does not usually do so much workload per session, or is not suited to high volume routines.

Of course if you are suited to high volume stuff (unlike most of us) then by all means do high volume stuff as you will grow better off of it.

This is how people get injured.

By all means, if you're only going to add an extra few kilos, or try and extra rep or two, you're fine; but what repeatedly happens is the smaller guy tries to add 20+kg to his lifts in an effort to compete with the more experienced lifters, and something goes.

All I'm saying is be careful when it comes to trying to compete with guys much above your own level. It's easy when you're in the zone and surrounded by stronger guys to think you can easily add an extra 5kg plate to each side of that bar in an effort to compete.

Also, I just noticed that you were doing incline and decline smith presses. Any particular reason?

Most prefer barbell, and get better results from barbell.
    Yeah it was a high volume session, but I really enjoyed it, had a day off today and I have slight DOMS, but thats fine. Im not injured, and yeah it seems that I can adjust to a high volume session.

Thanks for the warnings but dont worry, I did only add 1.25 kg, or 2.5 kg to some lifts, nothing like an extra 10!

And we used the smith machine just to add some stability. I rarely do decline press so i thought it would help me with form. Normally use DB's for inc and dec.

(Original post by Bebbs)
    Strong pressing.

I would look into GPP or some crossfit stuff for the fatloss. That would also help your conditioning alot, which will make you better at rugby
    GPP? Yeah crossfit is always useful. Got loads of work this week for some reason, i should have done it over xmas instead but meh.

Or I could always do an Adonis and od on hot rox? lol.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    First night out back at uni was last night, so didn't make the gym today! Felt ****** but gonna get a good nights sleep and straight back on the horse tomorrow.

Back, biceps and cardio tomorrow probobly, will try to match the PB i got powercleaning last week which is 80kg x 5. Will also try a deadlift PB, 145kg x 5. Will keep you guys updated.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 1, 2014
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.