Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Khanage: harder, better, faster, stronger.

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, been away from the forum for a while and just saw the new section so I thought i'd just use it as a training blog.

As it says in the title, I play rugby (usually union, but at the moment playing for the uni league team). I aim for power, strength and speed when i train, but specifically at the moment a bit of fat loss too.

I train 2x mornings with the league team, doing plyometics and sprints. 1x proper contact training on sunday, and 3-4x gym sessions in the week. I do the normal split of chest/tris, back/bis, legs/shoulders, and occasionally abs. I do like to vary things up though so I dont get bored, and have to fit training around uni deadlines etc!

Height: 6"2
    Weight: 93kg

1 rep Squat: 120kg
    1 rep Bench: 95kg
    1 rep Deadlift: 140kg

Will post gym sessions when I do them! Possibly a legs session tomorrow if I have the time!

Thanks for reading.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    why is your deadlift 20kg smaller than your squat?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    im pretty much training for the same thing. my routine;

Mon; Squat
    Deadlift
    Barbell Rows
    Bench Press

Tue; Touch Training

Wed; Game

Thu; Rest

Fri; Squat
    Deadlift
    Barbell Rows
    Bench Press

Sat; 40 Mins Treadmill

Sun; Full Contact Training Session
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lol_wut)
    why is your deadlift 20kg smaller than your squat?

Normally indicates a high squat, or not going hard enough on the DL.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't know to be honest, although I can probobly DL 150. What are other peoples differences between 1rep DL and Squat?

Been feeling really ****** and ill and hungover for the last 2 days so I haven't been the gym. Just to get back into the swing of things today I did a light weights session going for 10 reps each set, supersetting chest/tris, back/bis, legs/shoulders. Also i had little rest between sets, just to add a little fat loss.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    07/11/08
    All over session

Bench Press: 3x60kg (SuperSet with..) 1 Arm DB Tricep Extensions: 3x10kg
    Incline DB Press: 3x26kg (SS) Dips: 3x10
    1 Arm DB Bent Over Row: 3x30kg (SS) 21's EZ Bicep Curls: 3x15kg
    Lat Pull Down (Machine) 3xLevel 10 (SS) Cable Bicep Curls: 3xLevel 4
    Squat: 3x60kg (SS) DB Shoulder Press: 3x15kg
    Leg Press (Machine) 3x80kg (SS) EZ Upright Row: 3x35kg
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would just like to point out, this is nothing like my normal workout. Been ill so havent been to the gym for a couple of days, just wanted to get in there and do a quick all over sesh so my body is still functioning properly!

Cardio tomorrow, contact training sunday, and then back to my normal sessions on monday!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    ye id be careful, taking 2 days off can be dire for strength gains!

i suggest you add more bicep curlz and one arm tricep extensions.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks lara.. lol.

I do cleans, squats, deadlifts etc. I'm not just one of those guys who does chest and guns 24/7. Just was in the gym for about an hour so I did a quick all over body session.

Day off today, contact/fitness training tomorrow, then back to gymming monday.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Very happy with todays session, expecially Bench Press!

10/11/08
    Chest and Triceps

Bench Press: 3x 87.5kg 6,6,6.
    Close Grip Bench: 3x 65kg 8,8,8.
    Incline Flies: 3x 15kg 8,8,8.
    Dips: 3x 10
    One Arm Tricep Extensions: 3x 12.5kg 8,8,8.

Big night tonight as it's my housemates birthday, so may not be able to make the gym tomorrow! But will try my best.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Day off yesterday as I was a bit hungover, just had a quick session today.

12/11/08
    Back and Shoulders

Barbell Press: 40kg x10, 45x10, 50x8
    Bent Foward Row: 70x8, 75x8, 80x5, 85x3
    Bent Over DB Row: 27.5x 12,10,10.
    Power Cleans: 60x8, 70x 6,6.
    DB Shrugs: 27.5 x10,10,8 (superset with..) EZ Bar Upright Row: 37.5: 10,8,8.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    UP TO DATE STATISTICS [Last Updated: 14th September 09]

Height: 6"1 1/2
    Weight: 95kg [14/09/09]

Progress:

7th March 2009 [video: chest/bis/back..ish/quads]
    25th April 2009 [pics: legs/mostly hammies]
    26th May 2009 [video: chest/bis/back..ish/quads]

PB's:

Bench: 105kg x 2 [14/09/09]
    Military Press: 65kg x 4 [17/07/09]
    Deadlift: 200kg x 1 [14/08/09]
    Squat: 145kg x 3 [25/05/09]
    Power Clean: 92.5kg x 3 [16/07/09]

Cardio:

5k Treadmill run: 23minsish
    2k Erg Row: 7:11 [31/03/09]

Current training:

Westside for Skinny Bastards 3

Measurements [12/08/09]
    Chest [relaxed, at nipples]: 42 1/2 inches
    Waist [at belly button]: 38 inches
    R. Bicep [flexed]: 15 1/4 inches
    L. Bicep [flexed]: 15 inches
    R. Quad [flexed]: 23 1/8 inches
    L. Quad [flexed]: 22 ¾ inches
    The spoiler below is my original first post, on 9th Jan
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Hey everyone, I had a fitness blog before xmas but I got injured soon after making it, and have changed my goals/routine for this year so starting a newer and better fitness log! Also my stats in that thread were well off, I have been in the gym this week so all my stats are 100% proper and up to date.

As it says in the title, I play rugby - usually union, but at the moment playing for the uni league team (UWIC R.L. we're in the challenge cup!). I aim for power, strength and speed when i train, but also could do with a bit of fat loss after xmas!

I train 2x mornings with the league team, doing plyometics and sprints. 1x proper contact training on sunday, and 3-4x gym sessions in the week.

At the moment i'm still at home using the gym for the next week, so I'm just kinda making up the days as I go along, and will settle on a proper routine when I get back to uni on the 19th.

Below are some stats, all are up to date as of this week (starting 5th jan). My lifts were a little better before xmas, as i had like a 2week break from the gym.

Height: 6"1andthreequarters (I tell everyone im 6"2..)
    Weight: 95kg

5 rep Squat: 125kg
    5 rep Bench: 87.5kg
    5 rep Deadlift: 140kg
    5 rep Power Clean: 77.5kg
    5 rep Military Press: 55kg

SHORT TERM GOALS:
    Lifts have all gone down a little over xmas, squat was 130, bench 90, miltary 57.5, so very short term goals are to get these back to where they were. Another short-ish term goal is 100kg completely unassisted 1rep bench. Haven't quite got this yet, but i'm gonna go for it early/mid feb.

LONG TERM GOALS:
    Maybe not weightlifting related, but to break into the Rugby League team and play regularly. I haven't played much this season yet as i'm not completley knowledgable about the rules/differing tactics to union, but i'm sure i'll get it!
    Fitness related? hmm. By the end of this year of uni (may/juneish?). Being able to get a few reps benching 100 would be good. Squat nearing 140, deadlifting over 150, power cleans over 85, miltary press over 65.

1st session will be sunday/monday, playing rugby union tomorrow for my local team back home, not really a serious fixture, but should be fun. Gametime is always good.

Thanks for reading.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nice lifts. What's your routine like?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    Nice lifts. What's your routine like?
    Before I was training, I was already semi-fit and naturally large due to being 15stone, 6"2, and played rugby all my life. I had a pretty decent base to work on.

Well I started serious weights training when I first came to uni in september 07. Kinda followed my flatmate and did was he did as he was a lot more experienced than me, did a 3 day split with compound exercises and some isolation work (chest tris/back bis/legs shoulders).

In summer 08 I joined the gym at home and followed a rugby fitness programme the coach had given people for over summer, but then got more into bodybuilding and weights and read around the subject, including this forum. I followed Rippetoes for about 6 weeks and had really good gains, and then went back to uni at the end of sept 08.

From them on, I've kinda tried to put the two together? Rippetoes gave me more faith in compound exercises, which form most of my workouts, but I also do some isolation work to really hit body parts which need it. I've also joined Rugby League this year at uni, which has increased my fitness, accelleration and power (2x 7am morning sessions a week, plyometics and sprints).

Yeah so for the last 3 months I've been doing a 3 part split of mainly compound lifts but also some isolation exercises. I enjoy chopping and changing my routine, and trying different things. However when I get back uni (19th Jan) I'm going to start a routine and keep to it, so I can properly log my gains (here in this blog) and hopefully get bigger, more powerful, and stronger

May have waffled a bit, but hope that answers your question!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Subbed
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    nice lifts dude

will be reading
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Due to the weather being an absolute bitch, my rugby match has been called off, which has pissed me off immensely! But means I can go to the gym

Not sure what i'll do yet but i'll update on here later, possibly just hit the whole body, or do some HIIT, or beach weights lol.
    • 77 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khanage)
    Hey everyone, I had a fitness blog before xmas but I got injured soon after making it, and have changed my goals/routine for this year so starting a newer and better fitness log! Also my stats in that thread were well off, I have been in the gym this week so all my stats are 100% proper and up to date.

As it says in the title, I play rugby - usually union, but at the moment playing for the uni league team (UWIC R.L. we're in the challenge cup!). I aim for power, strength and speed when i train, but also could do with a bit of fat loss after xmas!

I train 2x mornings with the league team, doing plyometics and sprints. 1x proper contact training on sunday, and 3-4x gym sessions in the week.

At the moment i'm still at home using the gym for the next week, so I'm just kinda making up the days as I go along, and will settle on a proper routine when I get back to uni on the 19th.

Below are some stats, all are up to date as of this week (starting 5th jan). My lifts were a little better before xmas, as i had like a 2week break from the gym.

Height: 6"1andthreequarters (I tell everyone im 6"2..)
    Weight: 95kg

5 rep Squat: 125kg
    5 rep Bench: 87.5kg
    5 rep Deadlift: 140kg
    5 rep Power Clean: 77.5kg
    5 rep Military Press: 55kg

SHORT TERM GOALS:
    Lifts have all gone down a little over xmas, squat was 130, bench 90, miltary 57.5, so very short term goals are to get these back to where they were. Another short-ish term goal is 100kg completely unassisted 1rep bench. Haven't quite got this yet, but i'm gonna go for it early/mid feb.

LONG TERM GOALS:
    Maybe not weightlifting related, but to break into the Rugby League team and play regularly. I haven't played much this season yet as i'm not completley knowledgable about the rules/differing tactics to union, but i'm sure i'll get it!
    Fitness related? hmm. By the end of this year of uni (may/juneish?). Being able to get a few reps benching 100 would be good. Squat nearing 140, deadlifting over 150, power cleans over 85, miltary press over 65.

1st session will be sunday/monday, playing rugby union tomorrow for my local team back home, not really a serious fixture, but should be fun. Gametime is always good.

Thanks for reading.
    nice. what are your 1 rep max's? if you know
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nah really not sure. I have a rough idea but these are in no way perfect:

1 rep Squat: 135kg
    1 rep Bench: 97.5kg
    1 rep Deadlift: 160kg
    1 rep Power Clean: 87.5kg
    1 rep Military Press: 62.5kg

They would seem about right, not properly sure though. All the 5 rep max's are definite though, as all were done in the gym in the last 7 days.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    solid lifts will be following. Have to give me a shout if you have any home games in a couple of months. Be good to watch a higher standard of rugby.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    10/01/09
    Upper Body & Cardio
    --------------------

DB Bench:
    50kg x 10
    70kg x 8
    75kg x 5, 5.

Lat Pull Down:
    70kg x 6, 6, 6.

Chin Ups:
    Bodyweight x 5, 5, 5.

Dips:
    Bodyweight x 8, 8, 8.

DB Shrugs:
    60kg x 8, 8, 8.

EZ Preacher Curls:
    25kg (not inc. bar) x 8, 8, 8.

Cardio:
    Rower - 10 x 200m in less than 45s, with 30s rest between intervals (Level 10 (max) resistance)
    Crosstrainer - Level 12 x 10mins.
    Treadmill - Level 12 x 10mins.
    --------------------

Comments:

Just kinda put this session together half an hour before going gym. Thought I was playing rugby today but the match was called off. Decided to go for an all over upper body session, doing some exercises I havent done in a while, and a bit of cardio. Didn't do HIIT, because i'm a pussy lol, but I haven't done cardio in a while, and jumping in at the deep end would have probobly given me a heart attack.

Quite pleased with the lifts, DB Bench felt good, as did shrugs and dips. Chin ups were a let down, my bodyweight is simply too high, or i'm not strong enough. Oh well, rest of the session went well. Curlz for the gurlz too :P haha.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    11/01/09
    --------------------

10 x the following:
    Press ups
    Sit ups
    ATG squats
    Burpees
    Star jumps
    Step ups

Behind the neck towel extension
    10 x each arm

Dips x 10
    Press ups x 10

Slow curls, using other arm as resistance and holding for 10x
    10 x each arm
    --------------------

Comments:

Sunday is a rest day, but sometimes you just have to exercise! Nothing major, this little sesh only took like 15-20 mins and I did it in my room. It's taken from Solitary Fitness, by Charles Bronson, an prison inmate who has kept extremely fit whilst spending most of his time behind bars in solitary confinement and has no equipment or anything.

Obviously he does more than that about workout lol, that was just one of the beginner ones, and I just wanted to see how it was! Reading from the book, I thought the curls would be crap, but they were quite good. Got a bit of a sweat on doing the burpees etc. I need to get fitter!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 25, 2014
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.