The Student Room Group

Next Decade

This is inspired by the 'This Decade' thread, the purpose of which is to ponder what great things came out of the 00s.

Well this thread asks, what's going to happen in the 10s?

So I ask you two questions.

1) What do YOU hope to achieve in the 10s? Where do you want to be by the time 2020 is looming?

2) What do you think humanity/civilisation will achieve in the next 10 years? Technologically, morally, politically, whatever.

I'll start:

1) By 2020, I WILL be Dr. Phugoid, PhD, working as an academic.

2) Honestly, I have no idea. The extinguishing of religion would be nice. I predict a scientific revelation/revolution of epic proportions. Hopefully a third major viable political party will emerge that isn't as **** as the two we have now (three if you're Scottish...).
Reply 1
Im still hoping the next decade will bring a unification of quantum mechanics with general relativity. Politicaly I'm less confident. I think we may see a hung parliament, which with any luck will mean some political reform by the lib dems, though they will move too right wing for my taste. I dont see religion becoming any less important.
I'm well unhappy that these threads have been made :frown:

I was planning on making one in the music forum regarding what will be the 'Old Skool' music in 10 years time.
Reply 3
TheTallOne
I'm well unhappy that these threads have been made :frown:

I was planning on making one in the music forum regarding what will be the 'Old Skool' music in 10 years time.

No reason why you can't still do that?
Reply 4
We'll only see 3 years worth of the next decade then we all die.
:beard: In 2020 I hope to have graduated with a masters degree, perhaps even gained a PhD too, and be settled or settling into a nice career :yep:. As for civilisation.. flying cars :yep::yep:
Reply 6
Broderss
We'll only see 3 years worth of the next decade then we all die.

you actually believe that?
Reply 7
ideation
you actually believe that?

Fine, but I won't be the one looking stupid when the apocalypse actually does come...That's right :yep:...

24th December 2012:
You: :eek3: Fail
Me: :biggrin: Win

Sayonara mein amigo.

Latest

Trending

Trending