The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
mollymustard
Yes, im vegetarian. And I work on the policy that I wouldnt want anything else eating my carcass so i won't do it to anything else.

Why not? I can see why you wouldn't want to be killed before your time so you could be eaten, but if you're already dead why care?

I assume you want to be cremated then?
Reply 61
Whatever floats your boat mate
it would be degrading to the chicken, dead or alive
mollymustard
Yes, im vegetarian. And I work on the policy that I wouldnt want anything else eating my carcass so i won't do it to anything else.

I assume you would go for cremation? If so read on..
(If not, hey, pro-cremation people read this, and molly just ignore me. (: )

Look at it this way.

However you live, you are living by stealing the life of others. Yes, you're veggie, so you don't go and kill animals. But do you eat bananas? What about the monkeys that used to live in the rainforest where there is now a banana plantation?

Whatever you do, you are taking nutrition out of the hands of other animals.

When you die, you leave one final gift back to the earth. Your body can be food for the vultures, or nutrition to the plants.

Your dead. What does it matter to you what happens to your body? To the rest of the living, your body does matter.

That's just an alternative spin on things. I can see why you wouldn't want something to kill you to eat you, but if you're already dead, what's the problem?
Reply 64
No to both. No. 2 is wrong on many, many levels, but neither are ethicaly wrong as they dont harm anyone. Nobody living anyway.
Reply 65
DayneD89
No to both. No. 2 is wrong on many, many levels, but neither are ethicaly wrong as they dont harm anyone. Nobody living anyway.

tell that to the court; that's exactly what i did when i was on trial for being charged with the rape and consumption of a human corpse. i told them it was a victimless crime, i did - because it is right?? and i still got ruled guilty :mad: i don't get it! there's no justice in the world.

:awesome:
Reply 66
mollymustard

You're assuming that the chicken cares, though :biggrin: If the chicken doesn't care (and it probably doesn't even see what's coming) then no reason not to dig in :o:
dmae
We forgot the most important question :holmes:

Was the chicken fit?

:awesome:

:rofl:
Reply 68
Is the guy in the scenario roasting a chicken that hasn't been killed? O_O
Reply 69
Psyk
But a real live human can't be bought for £3 at your local Tesco.

It can in Thailand. :holmes:
Reply 70
no, it's just fowl :o:
Reply 71
saccharin
no, it's just fowl :o:

:rofl: that's terrible, lol
well from a utility maximising perspective it's fine.
Reply 73
fleur_de_haine
Well, you can't have a chicken withouth a bit o' stuffing...

Hey, OP is this hypothetical 'Guy' you by any chance?
Hmm, I think you took the "any hole's a goal" theory a bit too far. :facepalm:

But this thread is hilarious :rofl:.
ZJ4GK
Why not? I can see why you wouldn't want to be killed before your time so you could be eaten, but if you're already dead why care?

I assume you want to be cremated then?

Because personally I'm quite superstitious and would rather my whole body remained together if I got buried and cremated. I know its weird but thats just the way I see it.

Its different with worms and the like, they eat what they can get hold of and don't understand the significance. We have the choice to eat dead things or not, and we do and this abuses our dominion over animals.

Latest