Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Dubstep Society

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo-Amin)
    Yeah man, beating Guetta to best album. End of dance music as we know it... pahahaha.

Kindred first track is deeep, streaming before I buy
    :teehee:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    sickkkk

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    French 'dubstep'

• 4 followers

ReputationRep:

Take this Skrillex!
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    i'm just working on a lil track, does anyone with FL studio and/or a soundcloud wanna help me with it? :angelblush: pm me/post your soundclouds :flutter:

OR if you want you can post me a link to a decent youtube video telling me how to do EQs and mastering

muchos gracias xoxoxo
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:

http://www.surus.co.uk/awd/duppy-soursop-16429.aspx

bump x
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleshambles)
    Shackleton
    Needs more toms. <3

Looking for a group for Bloc fest in July. Pinch, Loefah, Shackleton, Scuba, Joker, Digital Mystikz, are some of the names relevant here. The rest are still huge names in the EDM scene, and a lot more to be added:

http://www.blocweekend.com/lineup/
    • 43 followers

ReputationRep:
    You guys will probably find this amusing [=
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aisha~~)
    Needs more toms. <3

Looking for a group for Bloc fest in July. Pinch, Loefah, Shackleton, Scuba, Joker, Digital Mystikz, are some of the names relevant here. The rest are still huge names in the EDM scene, and a lot more to be added:

http://www.blocweekend.com/lineup/
    That looks amazing. I will be going. (Assuming I'm still living in LDN which i better be ) DEFINITELY need to find people to go with though, no ****ing around.

can't wait to see who else they add :teeth:
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    **** me if dubstep soc gets it together to go to that I would definitely be down
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    please, please tell me this is satirical?!! Right?!

The fact that I am questioning it shows how well it's written. Very good!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleshambles)
    That looks amazing. I will be going. (Assuming I'm still living in LDN which i better be ) DEFINITELY need to find people to go with though, no ****ing around.

can't wait to see who else they add :teeth:

(Original post by JCC-MGS)
    **** me if dubstep soc gets it together to go to that I would definitely be down
    I'm willing to do some organizing if we get enough. Could try and recruit a few from house/bass/dnb socs too. Refuse to go near the dance&trance guys though. Don't know how we'd deal with accommodation mind.
    • 43 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnut)
    please, please tell me this is satirical?!! Right?!

The fact that I am questioning it shows how well it's written. Very good!
    Yeah it is satire, excellent site. Some of the articles seriously are indistinguishable from fringe Christian groups though!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if some Clubroot has already been posted! Love his music - really dark, and find he's quite similar to Burial in some ways.

• 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aisha~~)
    I'm willing to do some organizing if we get enough. Could try and recruit a few from house/bass/dnb socs too. Refuse to go near the dance&trance guys though. Don't know how we'd deal with accommodation mind.
    am in if we can make it happen.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buddhacoffee)
    Sorry if some Clubroot has already been posted! Love his music - really dark, and find he's quite similar to Burial in some ways.
    clubroot is nice, really like his stuff.
    On the topic of burial, after 5 or so listens I think I've decided that ashtray wasp is my favourite on his new ep
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnut)
    clubroot is nice, really like his stuff.
    On the topic of burial, after 5 or so listens I think I've decided that ashtray wasp is my favourite on his new ep
    Ashtray Wasp is incredible! :love: Was a little unsure at first, but after listening to it a second time I have to agree that it is rather fantastic! :w00t: Love it when the track starts to progress around three minutes in!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    For the track 'Kindred' the opening 45 or seconds of ambience is so good. I could listen to so much of that on its own. Are there any producers out there who make similar sort of soundscapes to that of Burial's ambience in general?

Not specifically dubstep, but as this is one of a few decent electronic music threads on here i thought i'd post it. If anyone wants to go to that then let me know. Desperately want to go, but don't fancy venturing to London on my own and stuff. None of my friends can afford it, or into that specific style enough to warrant spending that much money on it sadly. Saw Leftfield before and it was the best gig of my life. Plus James Zabiela and Laurent Garnier :coma: Epicness
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    For the track 'Kindred' the opening 45 or seconds of ambience is so good. I could listen to so much of that on its own. Are there any producers out there who make similar sort of soundscapes to that of Burial's ambience in general?
    William Basinski's "Disintegration Loops" sounds like your thing. The history in that release is pretty interesting, worth reading. Other artists would be Fennesz, Tim Hecker, Killamanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble, Alva Noto, Klimek, and Loscil. There's tons in fact.

Would be tempted to go to Leftfield. Just need to see if I can arrange transport. If they only played this track, I'd leave happy:

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buddhacoffee)
    Ashtray Wasp is incredible! :love: Was a little unsure at first, but after listening to it a second time I have to agree that it is rather fantastic! :w00t: Love it when the track starts to progress around three minutes in!
    yeah I was the same. My favourite bit is the part right at the end, the last couple of minutes. So good!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: January 10, 2014
Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.