Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Dubstep Society

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleshambles)
    up to my sister's house in Cheshire for the summer, back in September though... do need to look for somewhere to live for then but ehhhh...

yeah i would defs make the trip, just got nowhere to stay and no one to go with, blah blah same old story. would LOVE to see Horsepower tho to say the least.
    Yeah Cheshire to London is a bit of a trek lol. If you did try and make it down and can't find anywhere to stay then I could potentially offer a place to crash, would be a shame to miss out. I'm in Acton so only like 30/40 mins away from Cable on the tube. Seen Horsepower before and they were sick, was v drunk at the time though so the memory is a bit hazy haha.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeniedExistence)
    Yeah Cheshire to London is a bit of a trek lol. If you did try and make it down and can't find anywhere to stay then I could potentially offer a place to crash, would be a shame to miss out. I'm in Acton so only like 30/40 mins away from Cable on the tube. Seen Horsepower before and they were sick, was v drunk at the time though so the memory is a bit hazy haha.
    you going to Exit on Saturday????
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    you going to Exit on Saturday????
    Yeah man, found out the other day that my housemate's going with some of his mates so I'm tagging along haha. Looking forward to it, Loefah, Boddika, Scratcha DVA, Royal-T, Champion, sorted. You going?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:

I have been rinsing this track, so big.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SecondHand)

Wow, nice.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:

*Nods head* seal of approval.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'll call this dubstep. Lorn is to dubstep as Amon Tobin is to drum n bass. ****ing incredible.

• 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeniedExistence)
    Yeah man, found out the other day that my housemate's going with some of his mates so I'm tagging along haha. Looking forward to it, Loefah, Boddika, Scratcha DVA, Royal-T, Champion, sorted. You going?
    felt **** so i didn't go in the end, peaak . how was it? did loefah play house?

another newie from mala which is IMMENSE

• 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Even if Loefah did play house, his selection is so on point that it would still be great. His Swamp81 show is always outstanding.

Also, big tune from Mala.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

another newie from mala which is IMMENSE

Ah that's a shame you couldn't go Yeah Loefah did a mostly Swamp81 set, no old school dubstep or anything which was a shame but was still cool. Saw a bit of Boddika as well, prefered watching Teeza, Royal-T and Champion in Room 2 tbh though, there's only so much house I can endure before I get a bit bored haha. The people I was with were more bothered with trying to find ket in the smoking area than the music as well which was a bit of a pain lol. Ah well. That Mala track's sick tho, can't wait for the album

Is anyone going Cable on Friday for GetDarker?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    As much as this isn't going to get me any fans, dubstep is starting to sound a bit dated. These house tracks, the fusion between garage and house are really appealing to me at the moment.

• 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nice...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    As much as this isn't going to get me any fans, dubstep is starting to sound a bit dated. These house tracks, the fusion between garage and house are really appealing to me at the moment.
    As much as I like some of the housey stuff coming out atm, I don't think I'll ever understand the "dubstep is sounding a bit dated, so we're gonna go back even further and make tunes that sound like they could have been made in the 90s" line of thought. Nothing wrong with taking influence from old school music but most of it doesn't really sound any less "dated" or more modern than dubstep to my ears. Each to their own though. As long as there's plenty of great new tunes coming out then I'm happy.
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    Rusko, Skream, Benga, Jakwob, Doorly, Camo & Krooked, all in the same weekend. There might be a god after all.

http://www.beachbreaklive.com/en-uk/content/view/69/314

The good folks at TSR have asked me to blog about my time at the festival in exchange for the tickets. I'll pretty much be devoting most of my time to dubstep/EDM acts so I'll post a link here to my thread once I've made it in case anyone's interested. There might be a prize for the member with the most popular blog, so any support from you guys would be great! Also, any other standout acts you can see in the lineup that I should check out? There's the other obvious big names like C&S/Nero/Jakwob, but there's a lot of stuff there I'm not familiar with. Any suggestions would be appreciated (:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Rusko, Skream, Benga, Jakwob, Doorly, Camo & Krooked, all in the same weekend. There might be a god after all.

http://www.beachbreaklive.com/en-uk/content/view/69/314

The good folks at TSR have asked me to blog about my time at the festival in exchange for the tickets. I'll pretty much be devoting most of my time to dubstep/EDM acts so I'll post a link here to my thread once I've made it in case anyone's interested. There might be a prize for the member with the most popular blog, so any support from you guys would be great! Also, any other standout acts you can see in the lineup that I should check out? There's the other obvious big names like C&S/Nero/Jakwob, but there's a lot of stuff there I'm not familiar with. Any suggestions would be appreciated (:
    The names that really stood out for me (apart from the ones you already mentioned) were Toddla T, David Rodigan, Phaeleh, Mistajam and Oneman, would recommend checking them out if you get chance. Hope you have a good time

Going to Getdarker at Cable tonight, Coki, 16bit, Von D, Darkside, Distance, Silkie, Kromestar and Dark Tantrums, gonna be amazing!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Flying Lotus, Butial<3 my first loves of this genre, before dubstep became all mainstream.

Do you believe in love at first sight? It's an illusion, I don't care.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Queue for Cable was massive so sadly ended up missing Von D, Darkside and DJG's sets but was worth it, the half of Coki's set I saw was nuts, Blacks was MCing over it as well which was sick, love hearing grime MCs spitting over dubstep. 16Bit had been replaced by Funtcase for some reason which again was surprisingly good, he played a lot of deeper tunes than you'd expect from him, still a few horrible brostep type ones as well but still surprisingly respectable. Distance's set was heavy as ****, he played his remix of Mala's Changes as well which sounded amazing. Saw a bit of Calyx's set as well which was cool, he was one of the first dnb artists I got into a few years ago so was nice to see him now. Silkie was probably the surprise highlight, got to admit even though I like his tunes he's never been my favourite producer (bit too jazzy for me) but his set was amazing, whole place went mental, first tune alone got three reloads. Completely changed my opinion of him. First half of Kromestar and Dark Tantrums was sick as well, ended up leaving halfway through though cos we were just too knackered to dance anymore lol. All in all was a great night, definitely going to the next Getdarker dance in August.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    woops aint checked this thread for a while! sounds like a decent few nights DE mate. i'm going to hyperdub at koko in a couple weeks which is 8-1 and like a fiver. fine by me. don't know who the special guests are yet but scratcha dva and kode9 are both on. should be interesting anyway.

then on june 23rd going to SYSTEM don't know who the special guest is there either, Mala's not playing but VIVEK is and I'm pure excited. Apparently there's the possibility of a bit of jungle. Which is also fiiiiine by me.

silkie is awesome, love that jazziness. there's a few dub mechanics tunes that remind me of him (they've changed their name to Dub Mechz tho, god knows how you pronounce)

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 10, 2014
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.