Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Dubstep Society

Announcements Posted on
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeniedExistence)
    As much as I like some of the housey stuff coming out atm, I don't think I'll ever understand the "dubstep is sounding a bit dated, so we're gonna go back even further and make tunes that sound like they could have been made in the 90s" line of thought. Nothing wrong with taking influence from old school music but most of it doesn't really sound any less "dated" or more modern than dubstep to my ears. Each to their own though. As long as there's plenty of great new tunes coming out then I'm happy.
    gotta agree with this tbh. the really standard halfstep tunes that come out do tend to get boring quickly, but they've never been the whole story. there's still so much more you can do with dubstep imo. the house stuff coming out bores me to death on the whole...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not quite dubstep but if you guys need to check out Gentleman's dub club, they're sick.

• 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    saw them live on NYE :smug:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleshambles)
    woops aint checked this thread for a while! sounds like a decent few nights DE mate. i'm going to hyperdub at koko in a couple weeks which is 8-1 and like a fiver. fine by me. don't know who the special guests are yet but scratcha dva and kode9 are both on. should be interesting anyway.

then on june 23rd going to SYSTEM don't know who the special guest is there either, Mala's not playing but VIVEK is and I'm pure excited. Apparently there's the possibility of a bit of jungle. Which is also fiiiiine by me.

silkie is awesome, love that jazziness. there's a few dub mechanics tunes that remind me of him (they've changed their name to Dub Mechz tho, god knows how you pronounce)
    My mate was asking me about the Hyperdub night, it looks really sick but I think I'm gonna be in Manchester when it's happening so doubt I can go. System would be sick, again don't think I can make it but need to get myself to one of those nights soon, if they do one in August I'll probs go to that, near to my birthday as well which is nice. Shame Mala's not playing but VIVEK's sick and I'm sure he'll bring a decent guest along with him.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    wumph wumph wumph wumph

• 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SecondHand)
    wumph wumph wumph wumph

Love this... and after 2.43, ridiculous!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obscenedilemma)
    Best festival to attend with the most dubstep/dnb/electrohouse on offer this summer?
    have you seen the lineup for dimensions the sister festival of outlook... holy ****!!! i booked outlook without even looking at it or knowing what it was but wishing i bought a ticket to both... i love my post-dubstep koreless floating points synkro fourtet joy orbison and pariah all at dimensions but not outlook D': wa
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holly.xo)
    have you seen the lineup for dimensions the sister festival of outlook... holy ****!!! i booked outlook without even looking at it or knowing what it was but wishing i bought a ticket to both... i love my post-dubstep koreless floating points synkro fourtet joy orbison and pariah all at dimensions but not outlook D': wa
    Looks ridiculous, doesn't it?!
    Mount Kimbie, Lone, Mala, Little Dragon, Scuba, Machinedrum, Levon Vincent, Blawan... pretty much every good electronic artist around atm is there!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've gone off UKF for a while, but I haven't been on it for like 2 months. I decided to go on and see of they've actually got a decent track release, this is decent tbf but soo many dislikes.

• 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    I've gone off UKF for a while, but I haven't been on it for like 2 months. I decided to go on and see of they've actually got a decent track release, this is decent tbf but soo many dislikes.

Not enough wub wubs, womp womps, or even yoi yois for my liking )))):
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Id and Ego seek)
    Not enough wub wubs, womp womps, or even yoi yois for my liking )))):
    UKF for you, if there is no fat chainsaw washing machine sort of noise then it's not worthy enough.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Recording from the last Getdarker at Cable featuring Darkside, Von D, DJG, Distance, Funtcase, Silkie, Kromestar and Dark Tantrums is up for anyone who missed it, sadly there were some recording problems with Coki's set so it wasn't uploaded but everything else is fine. Next Getdarker night's on 3rd August, only a couple of days after my birthday but I don't think I'm gonna be in the country then I'm aiming to get to this later in the month though which should more than make up for it:

Attached Thumbnails
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UN_CARNIVAL_POSTER_E-FLYER_LO-RES_main.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	157052  
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:

Loved Evol Intent back in the day!
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:

Recording from the last Getdarker at Cable featuring Darkside, Von D, DJG, Distance, Funtcase, Silkie, Kromestar and Dark Tantrums is up for anyone who missed it, sadly there were some recording problems with Coki's set so it wasn't uploaded but everything else is fine. Next Getdarker night's on 3rd August, only a couple of days after my birthday but I don't think I'm gonna be in the country then I'm aiming to get to this later in the month though which should more than make up for it:

looks huge. kode9 did two sets (inc. an ALL BURIAL SET OH MY GOD) last night, Spaceape turned up for the second one too, soooooooo good man.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    looks huge. kode9 did two sets (inc. an ALL BURIAL SET OH MY GOD) last night, Spaceape turned up for the second one too, soooooooo good man.
    Ahh did you go? Proper jealous man. My mate went, texted me like "omg he's doing a Burial set", could have cried lol, would have def found a way to be there if I knew he was gonna do that. Ah well. Sounds amazing anyway. Were there any new tunes in the Burial set do you know?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What's the edinburgh scene like? I hear good things
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ahh did you go? Proper jealous man. My mate went, texted me like "omg he's doing a Burial set", could have cried lol, would have def found a way to be there if I knew he was gonna do that. Ah well. Sounds amazing anyway. Were there any new tunes in the Burial set do you know?
    haha, did we just miss each other again? i think there may have been one or two actually, there was a slow halfstep one somewhere in the middle that we think was new. either way everything sounds really strange (in a good way) on a system so i couldn't place a lot of the tunes. he dropped ghost hardware and archangel at the end tho :suith:

you should have gone :moon:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i find this music genre false and homosexual
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    haha, did we just miss each other again? i think there may have been one or two actually, there was a slow halfstep one somewhere in the middle that we think was new. either way everything sounds really strange (in a good way) on a system so i couldn't place a lot of the tunes. he dropped ghost hardware and archangel at the end tho :suith:

you should have gone :moon:
    Definitely should have done! I think I'd die of happiness if I heard Archangel on a system. Hopefully Kode9'll play it at the Urban Nerds thing in August. New Burial's always good, he's had such a good year so far but it would be amazing if he dropped another release before the end. Fingers crossed. Always seem to miss each other haha, I think between us we cover most of the decent dubstep events in London lol.

On a slightly different note, this DJG tune is amazing, out in July with Rivet which is sick as well:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 10, 2014
New on TSR

'Stalking pages' have changed!

Find other uni applicants with University Connect

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.