Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
x

Unlock these great extras with your FREE membership

  • One-on-one advice about results day and Clearing
  • Free access to our personal statement wizard
  • Customise TSR to suit how you want to use it

The Dubstep Society

Announcements Posted on
Find your uni forum to get talking to other applicants, existing students and your future course-mates 27-07-2015
  1. Offline

    ReputationRep:
    Some of the good stuff! Mixed by none other than ME:

    http://soundcloud.com/n0c0ntr0l/filthsession-2

    Through in dubplates (unreleased tracks) because I can!
  2. Offline

    ReputationRep:
    Datsik/Excision seem to be the man of the moment....Doctor P is alright... "Sweet Shop" is a grower, I'm out of the loop atm though and just rely on searching youtube but last ywar at uni I saw pretty much every decent mainstream dubstep producer live....starting to get into the less "well known" stuff now........
  3. Offline

    ReputationRep:
    I lol at people thinking a genre is dead just because it is getting more popular. ******* idiots. Skins generally plays decent music anyway from what i've seen of it, dubstep to electro to debussy to motorhead. win.
  4. Offline

    ReputationRep:
    Which track was it they played on Skins?
  5. Offline

    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydoh)
    Which track was it they played on Skins?
    £200 says it was a caspa or rusko track
  6. Offline

    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ludwig Wittgenstein)
    £200 says it was a caspa or rusko track
    Exactly what I was thinking.
  7. Offline

    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benmh92)
    I lol at people thinking a genre is dead just because it is getting more popular. ******* idiots. Skins generally plays decent music anyway from what i've seen of it, dubstep to electro to debussy to motorhead. win.
    yeah you're right skins plays loads of really good music actually. they played grouper last series! grouper rules!
  8. Offline

    ReputationRep:
    I reckon it was "Night"...or some really popular almost commercial track.
  9. Offline

    ReputationRep:
    possibly a burial track?
  10. Offline

    ReputationRep:
    Possibly, although I wouldn't recognise it.
  11. Offline

    ReputationRep:
    I watched the episode with the dubstep in the background, but yeh it wasjust in the background and me being not too knowledgable about the genre wouldn't have fathomed what it was. But usually in those scenes that they use they play play undergroundish sounding stuff.
  12. Offline

    ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkChXmC-IZ4
  13. Offline

    ReputationRep:
    Can sum1 link me to the link to actually join this society in ere.

    Here are some of my fave chooons.

    Big ups to all dubheadz!

    First nd foremost : Cragga's mix of Mr.Postman - thats a classic now lol.
    My friends who have signed with Bad Bwoy Bass in NYC >> http://www.myspace.com/lethalness They're sick

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqYF3lByaYM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy2TOdvr8QY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF99GrFbQ_c
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq5qS20Qtsk
    & many more
  14. Offline

    ReputationRep:
    So that's the Skins song....don't like it. ^
  15. Offline

    ReputationRep:
    http://soundcloud.com/fortyfour

    New EP by Rob Orme of Submerse. ****, I love future garage.
  16. Offline

    ReputationRep:
    Only remixes of non-dubstep songs. I cant listen to pure dubstep unless its really extraordinary, otherwise is sounds too similar to every other track
  17. Offline

    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweed)
    Only remixes of non-dubstep songs. I cant listen to pure dubstep unless its really extraordinary, otherwise is sounds too similar to every other track
    your listening to the wrong kind of dubstep.
    95% of the genre sucks. 5% is awesome.
  18. Offline

    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    your listening to the wrong kind of dubstep.
    95% of the genre sucks. 5% is awesome.
    I think it's more like - 95 % of what people actually listen to (Doorly, Rusko) sucks whereas the other 5 % listen to the awesome stuff :p:
  19. Offline

    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ludwig Wittgenstein)
    I think it's more like - 95 % of what people actually listen to (Doorly, Rusko) sucks whereas the other 5 % listen to the awesome stuff :p:
    Agreed. I listen to waaaaaaaaaay too much though. I have most tracks a good month before they come out.
  20. Offline

    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    95% of the genre sucks. 5% is awesome.
    Rubbish.

Reply

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 2, 2015
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you consider Clearing if you missed your offer?
Results and Clearing

Results are coming...

No sweat. Here's all you need to make sure you're ready

new on tsr

What's your life ambition?

Graduating, travelling, owning a business?

Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
x

Think you'll be in clearing or adjustment?

Hear direct from unis that want to talk to you

Get email alerts for university course places that match your subjects and grades. Just let us know what you're studying.

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.