The Student Room Group

help gcse mocks

hey. I am half way through my gcse mocks (year 11 mocks) i am realy worried beacuase i know ive failed them, i flunked each and every one cuz i was a **** and did not revise. my dream is to study medecine and i need a minimum of 6 As 4 Bs and 1 C if i fail all of my mocks will i have to take the foundation exams next summer or can i still take higher if i work realy hard starting now. please help im freaking out if i cant take higher my life will be ruined I NEED TO TAKE HIGHER. thankz.
Reply 1
Probably varies from school to school, but the kids that did badly in their mocks at my school could only enter for Higher if they showed a massive change in attitude. Ask your teachers.
It doesn't really matter as long as you work hard for the real things. If they do suggest entering you for foundation then talk to your school, that's what people did at mine if they did rather badly. You'll probably find you haven't done as bad as you think though =)
It depends on the school, as tehsponge has said, however, it's not the end of the world. Should you completely muck up, you might just have to grovel a bit to your teachers. If they're good they'll discuss with you which band to enter you into before they do it.

And remember, they won't just make the judgement on your mock result, they'll look at how hard you've worked throughout the 2 years too.

Good luck. Oh, and it's not too late to start revising like mad for the other half of the mocks. :P
Reply 4
Everyone is entered for higher at our school, no matter what their mocks were
Reply 5
Revis Revise Revise and then some more. your teacher will see you change in attitude. I was exacly the same until i saw the light got D's and C's near the end of year 10 now its all A's and B's for me. Believe me you willl regret it my bother wanted to do medicine at a coupe of uni's and he got straght A's and B's GCSE All at A level but didnt get a C in english at gcse so couldnt. So if u know what u wanna do if you want it enough you will put the time in... Got my year 11 mockes on thursday

Got mine on thursday
Maths - C Actual
English Language - B (Actual)
Science Core - B (Actual)
Science Additional assesed in thee different moduels chemisty physics then biology done Chemsitry so far so a B so far
Geography - B (Mock)
I.C.T - A (Actul)
Business Studies - B (Actual)

Not happy with maths but i can do what i want at A Levels now which is
Biology, English Language, Geography, Sociology

Latest