The Student Room Group
Do you have any preference on location?

Essex is v good for sociology, if you're in (or want to be in) the south east.
Reply 3
It depends, are you willing to relocate to the best university you can get in to, or settle for something local?
You can order prosepectuses online for the ones you're interested in. Book yourself on some open days, that's the best way to decide. I completely changed my mind on one of my top choices after visiting, I wasn't keen on the staff I met or the structure of the course. My second choice became my first, I really liked it there :smile:
Reply 4
Butterfly7
Hello - anyone there (a) mature (b) already at uni (c) would highly recommend their uni?
I've done all the UCAS form sections apart from the choices. Want to study Sociology but having real trouble choosing location.
Help!

Hi! I'm also a mature student applying for sociology. So far I've had offers from Surrey (1st choice) and Essex (2nd). The reason i've chosen Surrey is because they have a very good sociology department and run a 4-year course with a work placement for the 3rd year. I think the work experience is a real advantage because it increases your employability afterwards, which is very important to me. Brunel also offer a proffesional training year as well.

Also applied for Southampton, still waiting to hear.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Reply 5
I'm not studying Sociology, but I'm a mature student and I definitely recommend my uni. Although there aren't many mature students at Warwick, it's a still a welcoming place. I'm never been treated differently from the traditional students and lecturers seem to welcome input from us old gits :smile: For people living in campus, I've been told it can be a little claustrophobic, but it depends on what you're looking for from the university experience, I mean in addition to your studies. I'll stop waffling now.
Reply 6
Owly
I'm not studying Sociology, but I'm a mature student and I definitely recommend my uni. Although there aren't many mature students at Warwick, it's a still a welcoming place. I'm never been treated differently from the traditional students and lecturers seem to welcome input from us old gits :smile: For people living in campus, I've been told it can be a little claustrophobic, but it depends on what you're looking for from the university experience, I mean in addition to your studies. I'll stop waffling now.

I will second you on that one ,not many mature students at Warwick but easy to fit in....

Latest

Trending

Trending