The Student Room Group
Reply 1
You will need to research about what you are going to do for your programe (if you are doing computing), or a database (if you are doing ICT). I would start off with an analysis then do the design, implementation, testing, user guide, and evaluation.
Reply 2
trev
You will need to research about what you are going to do for your programe (if you are doing computing), or a database (if you are doing ICT). I would start off with an analysis then do the design, implementation, testing, user guide, and evaluation.

Oh thank you :biggrin:
Reply 3
boo.gross
Oh thank you :biggrin:

You're welcome. By the way are you doing A2 computing? If you are remember to include a section about explaining the coding of your programming language. If you are doing A2 ICT, make sure you annotate the macro coding.
Reply 4
trev
You're welcome. By the way are you doing A2 computing? If you are remember to include a section about explaining the coding of your programming language. If you are doing A2 ICT, make sure you annotate the macro coding.

i'm doing A2 ICT now, yup i'm sure i'll remember that.. as mine took over alot of sheets of paper :biggrin:

By the way, how would you do a project for Access for a takeaway?
i know there could be a system for Sold stocks but what else?
Reply 5
boo.gross
i'm doing A2 ICT now, yup i'm sure i'll remember that.. as mine took over alot of sheets of paper :biggrin:

By the way, how would you do a project for Access for a takeaway?
i know there could be a system for Sold stocks but what else?

If you are following AQA, see the mark scheme for more details on what to include in each sectiobn (i.e. analysis, design, implementation, testing, user guide, evaluation). http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/pdf/AQA-5521-6521-W-SP-06.pdf (scoll down until you see a mark scheme for A2 coursework).

I would include the macro coding explanation in the implementation section or do a new section on it.

Besides holding sold stocks information, you could have information about the details of the food that can be taken away, invoice/orders/billings, sales summary, a customer form to fill in the orders etc...
Reply 6
trev
If you are following AQA, see the mark scheme for more details on what to include in each sectiobn (i.e. analysis, design, implementation, testing, user guide, evaluation). http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/pdf/AQA-5521-6521-W-SP-06.pdf (scoll down until you see a mark scheme for A2 coursework).

I would include the macro coding explanation in the implementation section or do a new section on it.

Besides holding sold stocks information, you could have information about the details of the food that can be taken away, invoice/orders/billings, sales summary, a customer form to fill in the orders etc...

Thank you Trev... again :biggrin:
Reply 7
boo.gross
Thank you Trev... again :biggrin:

You're welcome. Your teacher will use this to mark your coursework. Did your teacher give you this mark scheme? If not, print one out for the teacher.
Reply 8
trev
You're welcome. Your teacher will use this to mark your coursework. Did your teacher give you this mark scheme? If not, print one out for the teacher.

we are just starting the A2 coursewk now, the teacher just told us to go to the site to look at it, as she thought it would be pointless printing if no-one is going to keep it safe.. (but i would have :biggrin: )
Reply 9
boo.gross
we are just starting the A2 coursewk now, the teacher just told us to go to the site to look at it, as she thought it would be pointless printing if no-one is going to keep it safe.. (but i would have :biggrin: )

Ok. You got the mark scheme now anyway (the link I gave you). Don't worry about losing it, as you can print it off again. :p:
Reply 10
i just wanted to know that, is there anyone here who did a computer project last year for their module 6 and who got an A in it. And who did they their project for? (like restaurant)

i need to decide urgently cos my teacher needs write them down.
thank you, help appreciated!!!!
Reply 11
zeenat
i just wanted to know that, is there anyone here who did a computer project last year for their module 6 and who got an A in it. And who did they their project for? (like restaurant)

i need to decide urgently cos my teacher needs write them down.
thank you, help appreciated!!!!

I got an A last year. Did it on a cake-making business, heh heh.

I found it hard to come up with some decent ideas. Just try and look around your family to see if there's owt that could be done. Failing that, get on google or something.

Bear in mind that most people would use a database for an ordering system (i.e. Keeping track of orders that people have placed, while keeping information on 'registered' clients and the stuff the business sells) or a stock-control system. It would be the easiest to do the latter though - designing an order system isn't very hard yet it allows you to carry out some complex mark-gaining stuff such as normalisation. Failing those two, there are plenty of other, more obscure things that you could do (E.g. a teacher keeping statistics for her class - SATs results/attendance etc.)
Reply 12
I got a high A, not sure completely on grades as mine was sent off for moderation. However it was the highest in my college, around 94%.

I did mine on a till based system. Allowed for credit card, cash and cheque with the approriate hardware.
Reply 13
trev
You will need to research about what you are going to do for your programe (if you are doing computing), or a database (if you are doing ICT).

I'm doing A2 Computing, and i thought i could do a database ( for my coursework.
Did i think wrong? Must i do it using vb or some other programming lang?
Reply 14
itz_ant
I'm doing A2 Computing, and i thought i could do a database ( for my coursework.
Did i think wrong? Must i do it using vb or some other programming lang?

Yes, you can do a database for your A2 Computing coursework.

Latest

Trending

Trending