The Student Room Group

Comparision of the Multi Store model of memory and Levels of processing framework

Comparision of the Multi Store model of memory and Levels of processing framework

AS level Psychology Edexcel Unit 1: Cognitive Psychology

Please post all your points (preferably 10 points or more) or a sample essay/question answered on this.

Thank you :smile:
Will give rep
x
Would you like us to sit the exam for you also?

This forum is not here to provide lazy people with sample essays and exam answers. If you have a specific question, we will happily help you. We will not, however, do your work for you.
Reply 2
^ This. There are at least more subtle ways of being lazy.
Reply 3
I don't think it is lazy for me to be asking a question which I thought of myself.
This question is not homework or coursework or set by my teacher so I'm not trying to find an easy way of skiving my homework or anything.
It is just a question I thought of, didn't know the answer to so I am asking on here. And I am only asking for the main points, not an essay or something.

Usually, for questions, people look for the points in textbooks. For this question, I couldn't find an answer in the textbook so I'm asking here and hoping to read the responses from people to learn, isn't that the same as reading from a textbook?
If reading from a textbook is lazy, then I guess almost everyone would count as being lazy.
Reply 4
a) I may of course be wrong, but I don't believe for one second that this isn't homework.

b) If you want help, it's best not to just say 'this is my course, give me answers or an essay thanks'.
Reply 5
Lol....

When TSR'ers get angry! I've been away for a while and the tone seems to have changed a bit :s

Yes, I agree with the above that this is definitely not a place to get people to do your work for you and if this is homework or whatever then this is not the place to have someone else to do it. HOWEVER, this is a place where people can swap notes and model exam essays amongst themselves, particularly in the run up to study leave. Lord knows I did it during my A-levels and many people on this forum have. So I don't particularly object to that part of the request (if it was that sort of request).

What I will say is though, that it is better just to ignore the post rather than complain at the person for being lazy or whatever. I know from previous experience that getting a load of people ranting doesn't particularly make you want to re-visit the site, whereas a blank just makes you think you've made an unreasonable request (which you normally have).
Reply 6
If you don't believe this is not homework, I can't do anything about that. I am telling you it's definitely 100% not for homework and what is the point of relating the wording of my thread to whether it's homework or not?

Also, to be honest, I created this thread and I can word the question like this if I want to. The reason I was asking for 10 points is that if it comes up in an exam (this question), it'll be most likely an essay and it's safest to go with around 10 points.

We never get homeworks like this at my school -it's usually just short answer questions or fill in the gap exercises and even then, if I am too "lazy" or "struggle" to do it, the teacher wouldn't give us detention or anything so I wouldn't care if it was h/w and I was trying to slack off doing it. But this is not the case - I am asking for revision help.

If you do not believe me, check the edexcel AS level psychology book on the page about theories of memories where it says on the side that it's a good idea to think about what you would write when asked to compare both theories since it could come up. I didn't have an idea how to approach this much at all so wanted to ask on here.

If you don't like the wording of my thread or whatever, I don't think you need to respond - it just wastes both mine and your time, as "bigforehead" pointed out.

And I wasn't reading around the subject-this is the central idea of the subject.

I have no problem if you don't want to help-that's fine.
But please don't waste both your and mine time in posting this. Okay, my thread may have been rather concise, sharp and blunt but I guess that's just the way I post threads since it gets to the point much quicker and whoever wants to help, can help. Whoever doesn't, doesn't need to. Simple as.
Reply 7
Hi,

I am helping my wife with her study course and thought I would look for alternative opinions to the above comparison so that I could offer a more rounded and informed opinion on her essay, that is why I have logged on to this sight.

First impressions are the lasting ones. I am not impressed.

Whether or not a question is asked by a lazy person or not, the response to it by a "responsible" member of a site should be just that, responsible.

TSR helpers are not judge, jury or executioner, and to act otherwise is prejudiced, nieve and down right rude. I noticed that no apology was posted, just a try at justification, which failed miserably and sounded weak.

Some people just cut out procrastination and get straight to the point. That is true of any walk of life. This should be accepted as with any other characteristic.

Either reply to a post in a responsible manner or do not reply at all.

I appreciate that this does not answer your initial enquiry Princestia, I can only apologies for that. I hope you managed to find help elsewhere and best of luck with your course.
Darren1261
Hi,

I am helping my wife with her study course and thought I would look for alternative opinions to the above comparison so that I could offer a more rounded and informed opinion on her essay, that is why I have logged on to this sight.

Whether or not a question is asked by a lazy person or not, the response to it by a "responsible" member of a site should be just that, responsible.

TSR helpers are not judge, jury or executioner, and to act otherwise is prejudiced, nieve and down right rude. I noticed that no apology was posted, just a try at justification, which failed miserably and sounded weak.

Some people just cut out procrastination and get straight to the point. That is true of any walk of life. This should be accepted as with any other characteristic.

I appreciate that this does not answer your initial enquiry Princestia, I can only apologies for that. I hope you managed to find help elsewhere and best of luck with your course.

Look, we're not here to provide people with sample essays as the OP asked. If OP had a specific question or problem (that wasn't just a "please write me an essay on X topic" ), we would be very happy to help.

We're not going to waste our time doing work for people who have showed no effort to do it themselves. If this is what you are looking for, then TSR is not for you. Please don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. :top:
Reply 9
If you want help, be polite. End of.
Reply 10
Darren1261
Hi,

Thank you very much, Darren for posting :smile: I can see that least some people have a little of the something we call kindness :smile:

GodspeedGehenna
Look, we're not here to provide people with sample essays as the OP asked. If OP had a specific question or problem (that wasn't just a "please write me an essay on X topic" ), we would be very happy to help.

We're not going to waste our time doing work for people who have showed no effort to do it themselves. If this is what you are looking for, then TSR is not for you. Please don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. :top:

Err if you read my question properly then you would see it said:

"Please post all your points (preferably 10 points or more) or a sample essay/question answered on this.

Thank you
Will give rep"

Points meaning phrases/bullet points or if it's not too much to ask, a few sentences.
I simply also mentioned SAMPLE essay in case anybody had one from school or something. Obviously, I do not expect anyone to be writing one out for me.

If people are not allowed to learn by reading essays other people have written, then I guess all those coursework sites such as coursework.info are supposedly cheaters as well then?

As Darren pointed out, if you do not want to answer my post, please do not post. Simple.

Melana
If you want help, be polite. End of.

ORIGINAL POST:
"Please post all your points (preferably 10 points or more) or a sample essay/question answered on this.

Thank you
Will give rep

x"

If that is not polite, then I don't know what is.
I think what bothers Melana is that you had made the first post quite short and straight to the point. I don't see any rudeness here.

Anywho, the basic idea is this:
Multi-Store Model: 3 memory stores - Sensory register, STM, LTM
LOP: Shallow (Visually), Phonemic (By Sound), Semantic (By Meaning).

LOP focuses on how we process memory.
Reply 12
shazada.pathan
I think what bothers Melana is that you had made the first post quite short and straight to the point. I don't see any rudeness here.

Anywho, the basic idea is this:
Multi-Store Model: 3 memory stores - Sensory register, STM, LTM
LOP: Shallow (Visually), Phonemic (By Sound), Semantic (By Meaning).

LOP focuses on how we process memory.

Yeah, but she can't really complain about me having made a thread short and to the point.. isn't that the point of threads? You don't really wanna say
"Hi guys, how's it going? How you finding the weather? How's school? Oh by the way, I had this psychology question that I wanted to ask... etc..."

Oh k thanks :smile: I sort of had that idea already but I wasn't sure if it was right and if asked to do a complete essay, what other points can I use?

Thanks for posting with helpful stuff though :smile: x
You can mention that information is stored into our sensory register by our senses (sight, hearing,etc) where it lasts for 1-4 seconds. Then if we give attention to this piece of information, then it is transferred to our STM where it can last between 18-30 seconds. If this information is rehearsed, it can be transferred to LTM. In addition to this, Miller proposed we can remember 7+/- 2 (between 5-9, basically) pieces of information. A 'chunk' of information (ie. 137 as one chunk, rather than 1, 3 and 7 as three separate pieces of information) can form one item.

Other than that, I don't think there is a lot more you could add for the MSM.

Latest

Trending

Trending