Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in for personalised advice on applying to uni New here? Join for free to post

Lying about GCSE grade on UCAS form

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i failed gcse english the only one i did fail i got a d im retaking it and applying to ucas they want a pass tho im applying independantly should i lie or not?
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hassan285)
    i failed gcse english the only one i did fail i got a d im retaking it and applying to ucas they want a pass tho im applying independantly should i lie or not?
    I don't understand what you mean. Can you try and rephrase your question and use correct grammar and punctuation please. You failed GCSE English? What did you get the D in?

If you lie (and you're caught) then there can be serious reprucussions. As far as I understand it might mean all offers you receive (if you receive offers) are revoked. It's not worth the risk.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't lie. If you're retaking it say it's 'pending'.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I can see why you failed english
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think this is like when a child is taught not to touch a hot surface - they'll learn better if they do it and suffer the repercussions.

So go ahead, lie.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Isn't a D grade at GCSE a pass? So, if the University you are applying to want a PASS in GCSE English, if you've got a grade D, then surely you've met the requirement?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Obviously no OP. Say it is either pending or just wait and apply next year. However, if your Uni is looking for a pass, not necessarily a C grade then you have no need to lie?

Isn't a D grade at GCSE a pass? So, if the University you are applying to want a PASS in GCSE English, if you've got a grade D, then surely you've met the requirement?
    Random thought. Medicine and English? :lolwut: How did you do it...personal statement wise? Congrats on your offer btw
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    A 'D' isn't a fail. Anything 'E' or above is a pass, i think.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    im quite sure in gcse is C a pass and D is a fail
    • 79 followers

ReputationRep:
    A D grade is a pass, but a C is the minimum to meet the the governments definition of a 'good' pass.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    GCSE grades go from A*-G (plus U for ungraded), so no, you didn't fail. Most universities ask for a grade C in English and Maths, but not all
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    im not sure i googled it and majority are saying D is fail im :s explain please
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Dont lie about your gcse grade for english just be truthful its not worth it at your college or sixth form you should have had option to retake GCSE English again so you can achieve a grade C which is requirement of most courses at university .
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yes A*-C are considered as a "pass", you can retake English in your sixth form and put it down as pending on UCAS.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    Grades A* down to G are officially pass grades. However, only grades A* down to C are supposed to be equivalent to a pass in the old GCE O level. Employers and most universities are only interested in grades A* down to C, which is why many people think these are the pass grades. For UCAS purposes you have to declare all grades above U grade.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    im quite sure in gcse is C a pass and D is a fail
    A 'U' is a fail. Anything above is a pass. A 'C' is usually considered the pass grade because Uni's usually look for grade 'C' or above, but in fact anything above 'U' is still a pass.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 2, 2009
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.