The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds Accommodation 2012 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Lou :)
Yeah, I really don't fancy Bod! Waay to far out. I really want to get on with the form now but the website is down :frown:

I'm thinking of James Baillie too but don't want to be put into Boddington if I don't get it! :frown:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 281
KatherineRose
I'm thinking of James Baillie too but don't want to be put into Boddington if I don't get it! :frown:

I'm guessing if we put that ensuite is really high priority on the form then we won't be sent there? :s-smilie:
Ash1ir
That's great it makes it clearer :smile: the flats that are available to first years are 406, 706, 802 and 902. Most flats they'v reserved for first years are on floors 1 and 2 for some reason. I will call them on Tuesday and find out if 802 or 902 are facing the front at all. But any view from 706 at all do you think or is it blocked by opal buildings? cheers

06 ones are not the ones that are blocked thats 13 ones, perhaps a little but if you look to the side of Opal building its a nice view, still visible. Dont go 9th floor few people on that floor unsociable. 706 be best bet, sociable floor.
Reply 283
Moonbeam1991
06 ones are not the ones that are blocked thats 13 ones, perhaps a little but if you look to the side of Opal building its a nice view, still visible. Dont go 9th floor few people on that floor unsociable. 706 be best bet, sociable floor.

ah i see, great. 706 it will be then. If its a corridor like walking space (cant think of a proper name for it, communal area maybe?) then do you know if the room A is next to the entry door? would be be better to be close to the kitchen or the entry door? or maybe middle? and are all the rooms facing the front? thanks again
Ash1ir
ah i see, great. 706 it will be then. If its a corridor like walking space (cant think of a proper name for it, communal area maybe?) then do you know if the room A is next to the entry door? would be be better to be close to the kitchen or the entry door? or maybe middle? and are all the rooms facing the front? thanks again

Entry door is not quiet middle closer to the communal area, right down the end in the highest letter like E, double check on phone with Jodie. But E should be best or D if not, further away from door slam and noise from communal area. Best communal area view though :biggrin:. Its a wider birth corridor than the other corridor ones facing back. Check that 706 is front facing I didnt check but im 85% sure it is, ill pop my head down when I next go out.
taperjeangirl!
Yep, that's what I meant. Weird though because I've put exactly the same :s-smilie: Thanks anyway!

small world ey? which room are you going for? I'm thinking 715 or 706
Lou :)
Does anyone know which accommodation you are most likely to be put in if you don't get into James Baillie Park? Or does it just depend what you put on the form?

It depends on your priorities on the form so it will be different for everyone :smile:
shotgun-city
small world ey? which room are you going for? I'm thinking 715 or 706

I just went for it and booked my room before :biggrin: I chose 203, not too bothered about being high up.

:woo: Glad it's done now!
taperjeangirl!
I just went for it and booked my room before :biggrin: I chose 203, not too bothered about being high up.

:woo: Glad it's done now!

Good room choice, I hope you get the nice front facing one away from communal area :biggrin: I know its dead exciting feels like only yesterday I was doing the same thing :woo: :yep: :biggrin:
Moonbeam1991
Good room choice, I hope you get the nice front facing one away from communal area :biggrin: I know its dead exciting feels like only yesterday I was doing the same thing :woo: :yep: :biggrin:

Yeahhhh I'm glad it's sorted now :biggrin:

Thanks for all your help!! You should have your own 'Leeds Accommodation' section on TSR :cool:
Noooo he really shouldn't!

Moonbeam is biased and angry at the world :wink: aren'tcha?
Alexandra1234567

LOL
I'm torn between James Baillie and Henry Price! Self catered, ensuite and a sociable area is all I need...hmmm
Reply 293
KatherineRose
I'm torn between James Baillie and Henry Price! Self catered, ensuite and a sociable area is all I need...hmmm

JAMES BAILLIE!!
Cand123
JAMES BAILLIE!!

I think I might do! :smile: Heard it's pretty good socially and Henry Price doesn't have many en-suites anyway so the chances of getting it aren't very likely.
Alexandra1234567

You're filling the Devonshire shoes, you're going to get on great there :wink:
Reply 296
Is Lupton any good? I wouldnt mind being put in Bod or Oxley if i didnt get JBP, but im not sure i could deal with the buses.. but im hearing that Luptons got a pretty good social scene, and thats in Headingly so i could walk to uni which i like :smile: So im thinking that might be a good one to have as my back up?
Cand123
Is Lupton any good? I wouldnt mind being put in Bod or Oxley if i didnt get JBP, but im not sure i could deal with the buses.. but im hearing that Luptons got a pretty good social scene, and thats in Headingly so i could walk to uni which i like :smile: So im thinking that might be a good one to have as my back up?

Its a great backup and yes its just in walking distance I guess, but its a long walk so you would always need to forward plan and never be running late and dont rely on buses because one day they take 10mins next day its 25mins in traffic.

Headingly is a nice place but dont fall into the fresher trap of thinking its the only place to be for students. Hyde Park corner is pretty good too and Burley/Hyde Park itself as is the city, where the most student stuff takes place.

Its got a lot of down to earth people, you wont find a toff in site which is a plus as they start to irritate you when you have to live with them and Headingly Taps is good value not that the other places nearby are and you have the only cities KFC in Headingly :O :biggrin: :woo:
Reply 298
my my.

hello folks, stuck between lupton and north hill court.
Reply 299
I don't know anything about North Hill Court, but from what I hear Lupton is the cheapest out of the lot, not too far as it's right in Headingley and has a great social atmosphere apparently :smile: Sounds like great value for money IMO.

Quick Reply

Latest