The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds Accommodation 2012 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 800
Original post by yum-yum
No, I won't know anyone :sad:
I'll post everything I find out about it here for those who can't go, but I won't be going to every place, I'll probably only manage about four or five. James bailie looks great but apparently it is oversubscribed :s-smilie:
Also congrats on getting in, when did you hear?

Thanks so much! any advice will be much appreciated :smile: I know, but it could be worth a try! Thanks, you too! I heard on the 29th right before the deadline, yourself? Was Leeds your first choice?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 801
Original post by GabbiWS
I have a friend in leeds already and he said the tannery is a 10/15min walk tops to the lecture theatres, pretty sure central village is near too, and the on campus ones arent far away :smile:

i've firmed medicine and applied to tannery :smile:

Congrats on the offer! Thanks for the advice :biggrin: Do you happen to know if it's a social kind of hall?
Reply 802
Original post by medseeker
Thanks so much! any advice will be much appreciated :smile: I know, but it could be worth a try! Thanks, you too! I heard on the 29th right before the deadline, yourself? Was Leeds your first choice?

I had my interview on the 9th of feb, and almost two months later on april 5th I finally got my offer, but by that time I had already convinced myself I was rejected :biggrin: it was a great surprise.
It wasn't my first choice to begin with, more like my last :s-smilie: as a week before ucas was sent off I was desperately trying to find a non scottish uni that would take my grades and ukcat as I wasn't able to apply for glasgow like I wanted to. So leeds was the only option, and when they said they had 4000 applicants I wrote it off completely, then somehow i got an interview! so when I found out alot more about the course and city I got really excited about it, and fell in love with it when i saw it on the tour :love:
So now its my first choice...
Reply 803
Original post by medseeker
Congrats on the offer! Thanks for the advice :biggrin: Do you happen to know if it's a social kind of hall?

you too!
well he's in the Tannery and said it's amazing, he seems to really love it!
i was torn between there and JBP but picked tannery on his recommendations, and the fact that all the rooms have double beds! im too tall to fit into a single comfortably ha!
but i suppose like all the halls its more about the people you're with than the hall itself :/
Reply 804
Is everyone for medicine here a re-applicant or are you school leavers? :smile:
Reply 805
Original post by yum-yum

i'm a reapplicant :smile: how about you?
Reply 806
Original post by GabbiWS
i'm a reapplicant :smile: how about you?

I'm also a reapplicant - at least our years out were worth it :biggrin:
where else did you apply?
Reply 807
Original post by yum-yum
I'm also a reapplicant - at least our years out were worth it :biggrin:
where else did you apply?

yes! i'm glad i had to take one tbh!
edinburgh, imperial and soton, but had rejections from all 3, you?
Reply 808
Original post by GabbiWS
yes! i'm glad i had to take one tbh!
edinburgh, imperial and soton, but had rejections from all 3, you?

Aberdeen (interviewed) Dundee and St andrews
I'm almost certain i would have gotten into glasgow if i had applied there instead of stupid edinburgh as i would have been guaranteed an interview, but i didn't know that at the time :frown: Dundee have rejected my twice without interview :angry: and last year I had an interview at st andrews but even with a good interview score my academics let me down.
My gap year's been alright - a bit of an emotional rollercoaster - but i think it makes us appreciate it all the more when we finally get there :h:

How has your gap year been?
Anyone thinking of a James ballie cluster flat?
Reply 810
Hello!I finally applied for the Sentinel Towers because it says that is ideal for postgraduate and I am a prospective postgraduate student.It says also that is popular for international students and I would like to ask you if you know if it is also popular for EU students.
Finally after how many days will I have an answer from the university accommodation in order to know If I am accepted for the Sentinel Towers,or not?
Thank you!!
Reply 811
Original post by dimitris1
Hello!I finally applied for the Sentinel Towers because it says that is ideal for postgraduate and I am a prospective postgraduate student.It says also that is popular for international students and I would like to ask you if you know if it is also popular for EU students.
Finally after how many days will I have an answer from the university accommodation in order to know If I am accepted for the Sentinel Towers,or not?
Thank you!!

if your offer is unconditional you will find out if you got a place in your chosen accommodation by august 1st, if its conditional you find out when you meet the conditions i.e. when you get your results :smile:
don't know about the EU student question sorry but hope that helps! :biggrin:
Reply 812
Original post by GabbiWS
if your offer is unconditional you will find out if you got a place in your chosen accommodation by august 1st, if its conditional you find out when you meet the conditions i.e. when you get your results :smile:
don't know about the EU student question sorry but hope that helps! :biggrin:

A ok!I didn't know that!I am a little bit afraid that they will not have a place for me because I will get my results late..(I study in Greece and the lecturers are very bored to correct the exams and they announce the results late!!)I hope to find an available room in sentinel towers or even at leodis because I want en-suite room!
thank you again for your response.You helped me a lot!!
Reply 813
Original post by dimitris1
A ok!I didn't know that!I am a little bit afraid that they will not have a place for me because I will get my results late..(I study in Greece and the lecturers are very bored to correct the exams and they announce the results late!!)I hope to find an available room in sentinel towers or even at leodis because I want en-suite room!
thank you again for your response.You helped me a lot!!

british students don't get their results till end of august anyway so i wouldn't worry! :smile: i'm sure they take into account people with later results anyway, wouldn't be fair otherwise!
Reply 814
Original post by GabbiWS
british students don't get their results till end of august anyway so i wouldn't worry! :smile: i'm sure they take into account people with later results anyway, wouldn't be fair otherwise!

ohh I see!i am anxious because it is the first time I am leaving my country in order to study abroad and I want to have a secured accommodation!!and specifically, I wanted sentinel towers because it is a quite environment to study for my MSc and it is close to the Business School!I am confused about the fact that british students get their results late.Anyway ,I think that the UK has the best education system in the world!
Original post by yum-yum

I'm a leaver :smile:
Reply 816
Original post by Rachael2012
I'm a leaver :smile:

where are you planning on staying? also are you going to the accom open day? :smile:
anyone got any thoughts on charles morris or devonshire? or any of the catered halls? so confused about which one to go for! any help would be much appreciated :smile: thanks!
Original post by peggle9
anyone else choosing central village? cause that's going to be my first choice :smile:

i am!
i hope i get charles morris! the storm jameson apartments look amazing!!

Quick Reply

Latest