The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Manchester Met, Manchester, and UMIST form the biggest university campus in Europe. Talking of Alan Touring he invented the worlds first programable computer at Manchester University along with Tom Kilburn.

As for night clubs I think 5th is my favourite. It is safe and cheap. £1 a drink you can't really argue. I am lucky as well as I can just get the 86 night bus back to my house.

42nd street is another good club but I prefer 5th ave. I am going there for new years eve.

As for bands here is a list of bands that have come from Manchestere of the top of my head. There are much much more.

10CC
Bee Gee's
New Order
Hollies
Joy Division
Herman's Hermits
Happy Mondays
M People
Buzzcocks
Oasis
Doves
Badly Drawn Boy
Alfie
Inspiral Carpets
Freddie and The Dreamers
808 State
Electronic
Elkie Brooks
The Smiths
Stone Roses
The Fall
James
A certain Ratio
Chameleons
Duruti Coloumn
Simply Red
Cleopatra
Take That
Black Grape

Damn I have run out of names now.
Reply 61
fishpaste
Which part of Manchester are you from? Which schools/colleges are you at?

I'm from North Manc, but goto Xaverian. I wouldn't be too surprised if any of you lot also do.

Me too. Are you L6, U6 or 6S?
lala
King David school, no?

Yep, how dya know?
Reply 63
gemgems89
Yep, how dya know?

Well you said you were at a Jewish school and I dont know of any others in Manchester (I'm a Manc too). Also I vaguely knew the location! You're lucky, it seems like a great school and it always gets good press. Isnt it the best state school in Manchester?
Reply 64
I'm from Rochdale and went to Crompton House in Oldham...

so yes, i know where Heywood is.

Is Abraham Moss the Community School with a theatre??? If so, I've played in the orch, for productions there in the past
Reply 65
Bhaal85
Me too. Are you L6, U6 or 6S?

Upper 6? Who are you? :smile:
Fallowfield in Manchester.
Reply 67
fishpaste
Upper 6? Who are you? :smile:

6S
Reply 68
is anybody studying in Man U??
lala
Well you said you were at a Jewish school and I dont know of any others in Manchester (I'm a Manc too). Also I vaguely knew the location! You're lucky, it seems like a great school and it always gets good press. Isnt it the best state school in Manchester?

Yes, I think so.
Reply 70
Bhaal85
6S

What subjects do you take with which teachers?
youyou
is anybody studying in Man U??

I'm planning to next year, I have a friend studying there at the moment though. It was good when I went on the open day and I stayed around his for the night so got to see the nightlife. Manchester has a lot to offer, can't wait ^_^
Reply 72
darknessishope
I'm planning to next year, I have a friend studying there at the moment though. It was good when I went on the open day and I stayed around his for the night so got to see the nightlife. Manchester has a lot to offer, can't wait ^_^

i do agree with you,i like Manchester and i went on the open dayas well hpefully i will get into it and enjoy my life and study there..
by the way,what subject are you going to study in Uni??
youyou
i do agree with you,i like Manchester and i went on the open dayas well hpefully i will get into it and enjoy my life and study there..
by the way,what subject are you going to study in Uni??

If I get into Manchester Met I'm going to do psychology and sociology. Doing the BPS graduate thing, then later on will either carry on with criminology or clinical psychology, not sure yet. What about you?
Reply 74
darknessishope
If I get into Manchester Met I'm going to do psychology and sociology. Doing the BPS graduate thing, then later on will either carry on with criminology or clinical psychology, not sure yet. What about you?

it sounds great...one of my friend applied for sociology and got the offer from Man U,she said she will choose Man U for the firm choice.
i am going to do pharmacy in the Uni....
youyou
it sounds great...one of my friend applied for sociology and got the offer from Man U,she said she will choose Man U for the firm choice.
i am going to do pharmacy in the Uni....

cool, what made you decide to do it?
Reply 76
gemgems89
Trafford Centre- has everything.
Cinema, Food, shops, laser quest, arcade....

The trafford centre is an evil evil place, but in a good way. whenever i go i spend waaaay too much money and suffer the consequences for weeks afterwards!!
Reply 77
fishpaste
What subjects do you take with which teachers?

Just further maths at the moment.

Latest

Trending

Trending