The Student Room Group

Started going to the toilet twice a day (no. 2)

Hi,

Before 5 days ago, I needed a dump every day in the morning. Now I need one in the morning and one in the afternoon (around 5) and I don't know why it's changed. My stools are normal (so it's not diarrhoea) and I haven't changed my eating/drinking habits as far as I recall. The only thing I'm thinking might have started this is that I ate 4 slices of roast chicken breast in my sandwich a day past the expiry.

But I don't know why I need to poo twice a day when it's not diarrhoea. As far as I'm aware, all stomach bugs give you diarrhoea so I'm worried this is a permanent change. What can I do? What can the causes of this be?

It seems like my body's started converting everything (quickly) to crap as soon as I've had lunch.
Reply 1
any significant change in your... eh hem... bowel habits should be reported to your GP. They can be perfectly normal or a often missed warning sing of something more sinister. Probably nothing but better to get checked out
Reply 2
Anonymous
Hi,

Before 5 days ago, I needed a dump every day in the morning. Now I need one in the morning and one in the afternoon (around 5) and I don't know why it's changed. My stools are normal (so it's not diarrhoea) and I haven't changed my eating/drinking habits as far as I recall. The only thing I'm thinking might have started this is that I ate 4 slices of roast chicken breast in my sandwich a day past the expiry.

But I don't know why I need to poo twice a day when it's not diarrhoea. As far as I'm aware, all stomach bugs give you diarrhoea so I'm worried this is a permanent change. What can I do? What can the causes of this be?

It seems like my body's started converting everything (quickly) to crap as soon as I've had lunch.

This is a joke, right?!
Reply 3
:frown: Not a joke. I'm worried 'cause I don't want it to break up my day when I want to go out and do stuff.

Any more responses welcome.
Reply 4
I poo twice a day. Once morning once night. Nothing wrong. Its not like I 'Have to or I'll die' but I do it out of slight urge and will.
Reply 5
You need your a hole removed...
Eat less fibre?!
Apparently twice a day is healthy and what you should be doing :h:
Reply 8
I've always been at least twice a day... I doubt you have an issue on your hands
Reply 9
Yeah but this has just started recently. And I only eat four slices of bread with ham, lettuce, butter and mayonnaise before I need to go. :|
Hey, Don't worry about it.

You should try doing some serious working out.

In the past with the amount ive trained and eaten, i could easily go about 8 times a day.
I poo like 3-4 times a day. :biggrin:
Reply 12
What a nice thread
joke
nothing wrong with going to the toilet lots. people who live in just lots of fruit and veg pass like 5 times a day
Anything from pooing 3 times a day to once every 3 days is normal. Also, it take 2-4 days for stuff to get from your mouth to your anus, so it's unlikely to be your lunch.
i heard somewhere once that you should be able to defecate at least seven times a day without having to wipe if you are really healthy. sounds crazy doesnt it. wipeless wonders, only come when you least expect them.
There isnt anything wrong with going twice a day, many people do. What is something to watch out for is a CHANGE in HABITS for more than 2 WEEKS. You describe changes for a week or so, keep an eye on it. If it settles down then it was probably nothing, if it doesnt go, or if you notice any other things - especially any blood being passed then its important to go get it checked out.

Also clinically diarrhoea is determined by weight, not consistency (I think its more than 400g stools average per day (assuming you normally pass an average amount - some people just **** more than others))
Anonymous
Hi,

anything between once and 3 times a day is normal. see your gp if you are worried.

Latest