The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ive got experience, i worked at cineworld from july to may this year.. we're rotated between departments but i was on the 2 food departments quite a lot and know how to keep the place clean and tidy. I also had to prepare food for customers although only putting umm these veggie things (i forgot their name heh) in the oven, putting them in the heater afterwards for up to 4 hours, popping popcorn, preparing nacho trays and other general food preparation.
Is that relevant experience for a kitchen porter?
I also had to clean the popcorn popper (with special cleaning powder), wash other sections of it in the sink, wash other items as well using the sink at the end of each night (actually we only need to wash the popcorn popper if we've used it last but i used it a few times so know how its done)
oops sorry clicked the button twice by accident :s:
Inf3rno
Rarely, only in huge posh joints.

That is utter rubbish.

Yes, in 99% of establishments you will get a dishwasher. I have never in my life worked in a place or been to a place without one.
Reply 23
Every job is hard at a restaurent. I am a waiter and have been a KP both started with no experience. To be honest they both suck balls. They both pay buttons and are hard work.
Thats why allot of restaurents are full people from abroad. Cos the Brits won't do it.
Where I work theres about 5 people who don't speak much English.
Reply 24
Every job is hard at a restaurent. I am a waiter and have been a KP both started with no experience. To be honest they both suck balls. They both pay buttons and are hard work.
Thats why allot of restaurents are full people from abroad. Cos the Brits won't do it.
Where I work theres about 5 people who don't speak much English.

Join the party man.

Lol I worked in about 5 diff restaurants (my bro's head chef) and like only 2 of them had dishwashers, hope this answers your query BlackHAWK

Also, blackhawk, are you sayign that Mickey D's got dishwashers too?
:rofl:
I fail to see how McDonalds is a restaurant.

Also, I don't see why they would find mush use for an industrial dishwasher when frankly, even though they are a high volume fast food outlet, they have no cutlery or food dishes.

Although I suppose working in 5 different establishments (one of which I am assuming is McDonalds) gives you worldly experience on kitchen standards in restaurants.
Reply 26
Dishwashers or no dishwashers there all a friggin ball ache!

Latest

Trending

Trending