The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

history at st chads (but entry 2011)

havent yet heard a thing. and am getting a liiiiitle bit nervous about seeing people who have applied to the same course and college getting offers back :s-smilie:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 41
just be patient.
Reply 42
I've applied V100 at Hatfield, got pooled then rejected from Cambridge so just waiting on Durham, my realistic first choice! I have 11A*s and A*AA prediction but I really don't know if it's going to be enough! I guess I'm going to have to wait a long time?!
hey i found out i've been accepted by the department, how long does it take usually until you find out whether a college will take you on? i applied to university college. I wouldn't want to wait until april!
I have 11A*s and A*AA prediction but I really don't know if it's going to be enough!

lol, come on.
Reply 45
thatsunforgiveable
hey i found out i've been accepted by the department, how long does it take usually until you find out whether a college will take you on? i applied to university college. I wouldn't want to wait until april!

I looked on Boxing Day and saw I'd been moved to the college (same one as you). I hadn't checked since end of Nov. so I've been there between 3-7 weeks. Still there a couple of minutes ago!
I've applied for Ancient History (V110) for University College. Just got my application away a few days ago, so wish me luck! :smile:

Do you guys reckon it's harder to get into the bailey colleges if you're doing a history-based degree, seeing as history applicants are more likely to apply to older, more traditional colleges?
Reply 47
Chocothunder
I've applied for Ancient History (V110) for University College. Just got my application away a few days ago, so wish me luck! :smile:

Do you guys reckon it's harder to get into the bailey colleges if you're doing a history-based degree, seeing as history applicants are more likely to apply to older, more traditional colleges?

:lolwut: I don't really get this bit. Lots of History applicants, including myself, apply to hill colleges.
*River
:lolwut: I don't really get this bit. Lots of History applicants, including myself, apply to hill colleges.

Well, I'd just assume that history students would relish the chance to live in a giant, whopping castle, as opposed to more modern accommodation. I know that I certainly would. :yep:
Reply 49
castle is very popular with archaeology students. Maybe history students are odd :iiam:
Reply 50
i got an offer or history at st. mary's ("the bailey of the hills" :wink: ) 37 points (IB) with 6 in history.
haaappy! goofd luck to eveyone whos still waiting!
Reply 51
hey all :smile:

I got an offer for Ancient History a couple of weeks ago yay :smile: and its at collingwood which was my first choice college :P

I only need AB so should be seeing you in Durham in October! Cant wait!
Barbs123
hey all :smile:

I got an offer for Ancient History a couple of weeks ago yay :smile: and its at collingwood which was my first choice college :P

I only need AB so should be seeing you in Durham in October! Cant wait!

Ahhhhh congratulations! Mega-jealous right now :p: I hope I have as much luck!
Reply 53
Firmers should join the FB group in my Sig!

50+ members atm!
Reply 54
Chocothunder
Ahhhhh congratulations! Mega-jealous right now :p: I hope I have as much luck!

I sent mine off in mid-October, so it was still like 2 months before i heard anything, I'm sure you'll be fine :smile: When did you send it off?
Barbs123
I sent mine off in mid-October, so it was still like 2 months before i heard anything, I'm sure you'll be fine :smile: When did you send it off?

Well, I sent it off on Monday, but my lazy Sixth Form heads are still doing my references and stuff now!!! The same old excuses: "The school was closed because of snow... blah blah blah..." Bah. If things keep going at this rate, I still won't have any offers come August! :p: Do you know if you have worse chances if you're like one of the last to apply?

Ooooooh I've applied to Exeter too! Woo! :woo:
Reply 56
i'v been waiting since early october for ancient history and i really regret applying to hatfiedl, literally chnaged my mind last minute. I've hardly heard of any Hatfield offers in comparison to other colleges
Reply 57
miranda-ae
history at st chads (but entry 2011)

havent yet heard a thing. and am getting a liiiiitle bit nervous about seeing people who have applied to the same course and college getting offers back :s-smilie:

Haha, me too! Also for St Chads, deferred entry
Reply 58
Chocothunder
Do you know if you have worse chances if you're like one of the last to apply?:

from what i have read, and seen on here... you are at a slight disadvantage because there was a batch of offers across the colleges for history in december... meaning some spaces will already be filled.. however they did not make that many... my application has been in department since october 13th so tbh getting it in early did little for me :P
Perhaps a slight disadvantage but nothing to worry about.... however with some other unis ( i dono where else you applied) it is first come first served... within reason:P
Lewkisson
Haha, me too! Also for St Chads, deferred entry

:wink:

Latest