The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Neofytos
How do find it ? Hard easy ?
Any hints to achieve A or A* ?
ANy other information ? books u using or textbook ?

I'm only doing A2 at the moment but AS was relatively easy (got an A). We were given this textbook and that's all I used. I'm not the type to make revision notes so just revised straight from the book. I do NOT recommend doing that if it's not your learning style. My college also tested us every other week so I guess that helped in learning the theory.

The unit that you take your 'coursework' into is easy to revise for if you do past papers because they generally ask the same questions. Depending on how good your teacher is they should let you know what kind of important things you should include in the 'coursework' so you can answer questions, e.g. when the exam asks about different types of testing, erroneous, normal, extreme, that you should have a good example to refer to. If when you test your system you don't have any mistakes, make one up just to show an example of corrective action.

If you know general information about computers/hardware/software etc then it shouldn't be too hard, which is why I managed to get away with not revising a whole lot. But even if you don't know much about that kind of stuff then all it is is just memorising a bunch of facts.
Reply 2
trademark
I'm only doing A2 at the moment but AS was relatively easy (got an A). We were given this textbook and that's all I used. I'm not the type to make revision notes so just revised straight from the book. I do NOT recommend doing that if it's not your learning style. My college also tested us every other week so I guess that helped in learning the theory.

The unit that you take your 'coursework' into is easy to revise for if you do past papers because they generally ask the same questions. Depending on how good your teacher is they should let you know what kind of important things you should include in the 'coursework' so you can answer questions, e.g. when the exam asks about different types of testing, erroneous, normal, extreme, that you should have a good example to refer to. If when you test your system you don't have any mistakes, make one up just to show an example of corrective action.

If you know general information about computers/hardware/software etc then it shouldn't be too hard, which is why I managed to get away with not revising a whole lot. But even if you don't know much about that kind of stuff then all it is is just memorising a bunch of facts.

Thx for the interest :smile:
I bought that textbook as my teacher is CRAP, so i am going for self-teaching. By the way how much u got in INFO1 and INFO2 ?
Reply 3
Neofytos
Thx for the interest :smile:
I bought that textbook as my teacher is CRAP, so i am going for self-teaching. By the way how much u got in INFO1 and INFO2 ?

I always get confused which one is INFO1 and INFO2, so I'll have to describe them instead. The one with the coursework and you bring it in, that one I got 100. And the other one where it's all theory, I got 85. (Those are UMS marks)
Reply 4
trademark
I always get confused which one is INFO1 and INFO2, so I'll have to describe them instead. The one with the coursework and you bring it in, that one I got 100. And the other one where it's all theory, I got 85. (Those are UMS marks)

IMpressing !
And with this book ? Only ?
The one with coursework i have it for June.
U learnt all the theory by heart ?
Reply 5
Neofytos
IMpressing !
And with this book ? Only ?
The one with coursework i have it for June.
U learnt all the theory by heart ?

Cheers :smile: Yep, just with that book only. To be honest, a lot of the stuff that had to be learnt I already knew from just general knowledge, so understanding all of the theory pretty easily made memorising it pretty easy too - and as I said before my school tested us every other week and I made myself revise for them properly which made it easier to remember later on.

Just do it a chapter at a time and test yourself with the chapter questions. When I revised for tests I said if I didn't know how to answer the questions at the end of the chapter then I didn't memorise the right points correctly. It's one thing memorising a bunch of facts but another when it actually comes to writing things down when you have to expand and explain.
Reply 6
hey i am doing this exam in january and i was wondering if anyone knew where i can get the may/june 2009 INFO1 Ict AQA paper from.
please
thankyou
Reply 7
I used the textbook for AS mentioned in one of the above posts and I got 100% and 97% in the two exams so am on track for an A* now. Just revise everything! Know everything even if you think a question won't come up on it as it can... Write extra for each of the questions if you have time and aren't totally sure part of your point is right.

Latest

Trending

Trending