The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

What Halls would people recommend?

MMU is one of my choices and im currently awaiting offers coming in now from my choices. In the meantime i would like to build up a picture of what the Halls of Residence are like for MMU and which ones are near to the Hollings Campus i couldnt get to the Open Day :frown: due to work

Also as a mature student over 25 i would prefer to be in the company of those around this age bracket though i am friends currently with people who are 21 22 on my course :smile:

thanks on the advice :smile:
Reply 1
wilmslow!!
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Im currently living in Wilmslow Park halls.

It has a really good vibe to it plenty of "student" goings on and it is a very big place.

Specifically for MMU there are 3 blocks in the main part and there are another 3 blocks that are newer.

Ive also been to Daisy Bank Halls (another Opal site) and this is in a leafy suburb of Manchester and to get to Hollings it involves a walk through a park which at night can be daunting.

Personally Wilsmlow is perfectly situated almost inbetween Hollings and the main city campus'. 10 min walk to Hollings and its on a very busy route
Reply 3
thanks both of you :smile: Wilmslow from what i am reading seems very ideal im hoping that when i come to applicant day on 3rd feb i can have a look round Wilmslow as im making MMU my firm when i can on track :smile:
Whats the best halls for Elizabeth Gaskell campus?
Reply 5
Im living at wilmslow park too. I havent really been to other accomodations properly so i cant really compare. You can say the rooms decent sized and probably bigger if i had to compare to ones i've briefly seen in other accomodations.

The rooms here are en suite meaning you wont have to share a toilet between like 8 people lol. Theres swimming pool and gym here though you gotta pay extra to use. The internet also costs extra £135 or sumthing, cant really remember. If these costs dont matter to you then wilmslow is a great place to stay.
Reply 6
BabyGirl92
Whats the best halls for Elizabeth Gaskell campus?

Well Wilmslow park is right next to elizabeth gaskell i think. So that would prolly be the best option as u'd be saving money and u can sleep till last minute before setting off to uni lol.

Another hall close to elizabeth gaskell is daisy bank hall, that might actually be closer to the campus than wilmslow but im not sure.
Reply 7
Hi, I've got a place at hollings at mmu studying Hospitality Business Management. I don't have a clue what halls of residence I want to live in but I like the idea of being close to the main city area. Any advice?
Thanks
Reply 8
All Manchester met 2010 students join the new facebook group!

http://www.facebook.com/photo_search.php?oid=269053024645&id=557086261&view=user#/group.php?gid=269053024645&ref=ts

Keep in touch, make new friends and discuss everything!

Latest

Trending

Trending