The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Welocme to :tsr:

I will ask a mod to move this so you'll geta better answer. If you have any questions just ask. :smile:
Reply 2
I found out within two days.
Reply 3
It depends on the uni, i'm currently on my 9th day of waiting and was told I probably wouldn't hear until two weeks.
Reply 4
I see. That's very quick Wordsearch. What uni did you apply for?
Good luck for you Yellowleeds. Are you nervous?
I heard 5 days after my interview :smile:
Reply 6
Thanks and yes very nervous, I just want to know where I stand! Mine was at Manchester Met for secondary history. How about you?
Reply 7
yellowleeds
Thanks and yes very nervous, I just want to know where I stand! Mine was at Manchester Met for secondary history. How about you?

how did that go? i have mine there for secondary history on wednesday, omg i'm so nervous!
Gromit
Hello. Does anyone know how long you have to wait until you hear from the GTTR whether you would be offered the place or not?
I am so nervous.
Thanks.

Well good luck!

I was told by my interviewer it can take up to 10 days, but I foubd out within 2 days!

PP
I heard about a week later I think.. can't remember it was a fair few months ago,

Good luck!
Reply 10
We were told that it would take between 2 and 4 weeks, and I heard after 13 days.

I think that this thread shows that it varies from provider to provider though :p:.
ceeeeej
how did that go? i have mine there for secondary history on wednesday, omg i'm so nervous!

Its ok, its starts with registration which is just telling a guy your name and giving him your certificates. Then there is a talk from the head of the PGCE course, a half an hour break and then the individual interviews. There was around 25-30 applicants and there was 8 for history.

My interview was with a woman who was an education lecturer and a man who was a head of history at a local school. You might have quite a wait for the interview as they do it based on distance people have to travel, I was the 2nd furthest away so was interviewed 2nd, others had to wait a couple of hours Question was things like knowledge of the national curriculum, equal opportunities and good teaching practice.

It all went very quick and she didn't give anything away so i've no idea if i'm in with a decent chance of getting a place or not. Best of luck to you!
Reply 12
The guy who did my individual interview told me he was gonna offer me a place and i got a letter from the uni within 3 days giving me a conditional place providing i pass a CRB check again
Reply 13
yellowleeds

It all went very quick and she didn't give anything away so i've no idea if i'm in with a decent chance of getting a place or not. Best of luck to you!

That doesn't sound too bad a day, thanks a mill, good luck you too!
zdo0o
.........dotdotdot

:confused:

This was posted in the Welcome Lounge.
Reply 15
Thank you everyone. It does seem vary. Guess it depends on the uni. I am still waiting. Goodluck to you all who are still waiting as well.
Reply 16
I waited three and a half weeks for my reply... I would say give them a ring after two weeks to see the progress of the application. They seem to be generally quite helpful.
Reply 17
I had an interview at Cumbria uni for general primary. GTTR processed my application on sep 28th I heard nothing from them until early November and had an interview the 18th. I found out 2 days later I have a place. I couldnt bare to wait weeks like some people Im glad they made their decision quick!
Reply 18
I know my result now. Didn't get it. :frown: Very disappointed but nothing I can do at the moment,I guess.
Reply 19
Hi
Congratulations!! I have an interview on 20th Jan for general primary at Cumbria uni. How was the interview? Any tips?

Latest