The Student Room Group

Refree Can't Be Bothered Writing My Reference + Predicted Grades

OK, basically, my referee keeps promising me they'll do my reference, but they aren't, and they said they are waiting for everyone to finish their PS and form for UCAS, but there is still some people that cant be ****** bothered writing it, so will this mean i'll be at a disadvantage, if so, should I nag her to do it?

Also, i'm worried my predicted grades will let me down, I want to do Law at Edinburgh/Dundee/Heriot Watt...

I think i'm going to be predicted

English - A

Maths - A/B not too sure...

French - A

Geography - A

Biology - B

Can anyone help?
Reply 1
Nag away! Seriously , you have to get that sort of stuff sorted out with the deadlines looming ever so closer. You know what to do.
AAABB is a solid set of predictions, and if that maths is an A, then I think it's reasonably clear than AAAAB is very good indeed. :smile:
Don't stop nagging her, it's your future for ***** sake.
Reply 4
Nag away. I sent all my stuff off but on UCAS, my reference is waiting for "approval." She said to me, it has left 2 days ago. UCAS have not sent me any email or letter saying they have received it. I have been emailing her everyday for the past week. :angry: My college is so s***! She told me that only 6% go on to HE from our college. LOL.

I think I'm gonna go in Monday again!
Ask another teacher to write it for you.
Get a gun and force her or find another teacher.
A.R.E
OK, basically, my referee keeps promising me they'll do my reference, but they aren't, and they said they are waiting for everyone to finish their PS and form for UCAS, but there is still some people that cant be ****** bothered writing it, so will this mean i'll be at a disadvantage, if so, should I nag her to do it?

Also, i'm worried my predicted grades will let me down, I want to do Law at Edinburgh/Dundee/Heriot Watt...

I think i'm going to be predicted

English - A

Maths - A/B not too sure...

French - A

Geography - A

Biology - B

Can anyone help?

Just nag until the reference is done; it is too important to let your teacher **** up through laziness or whatever. Your predicted grades are really good and I would be surprised if you didn't get an offer from Edinburgh/Dundee. It is highly unlikely you will get one from Heriot Watt as, afaik, they don't offer any straight law courses.
Reply 8
moonshine_1991
Just nag until the reference is done; it is too important to let your teacher **** up through laziness or whatever. Your predicted grades are really good and I would be surprised if you didn't get an offer from Edinburgh/Dundee. It is highly unlikely you will get one from Heriot Watt as, afaik, they don't offer any straight law courses.

I know, but I have applied to Business and Finance Law and Management with Business Law, although they aren't qualifying law degrees, I chose them because I reckoned they would be less harder to get in, so they are my "backup" so to speak.

Do you think they would be less difficult to get an offer for?

Also, thanks to everyone on assuring me about my predicted grades, and I will talk to my referee on Monday.
A.R.E
I know, but I have applied to Business and Finance Law and Management with Business Law, although they aren't qualifying law degrees, I chose them because I reckoned they would be less harder to get in, so they are my "backup" so to speak.

Do you think they would be less difficult to get an offer for?

Also, thanks to everyone on assuring me about my predicted grades, and I will talk to my referee on Monday.

I don't really know much about law at Heriot Watt- I didn't even know they did it till earlier today- but it is more a science place as opposed to humanities. I would apply to somewhere for straight law as your backup instead. I applied to Stirling as my worst case scenario choice. The entrance requirements are AABB and I got an offer two days after I sent off my UCAS so that put my mind at rest as I knew I had at least one offer.
Good luck with your referee on Monday.
Reply 10
moonshine_1991
I don't really know much about law at Heriot Watt- I didn't even know they did it till earlier today- but it is more a science place as opposed to humanities. I would apply to somewhere for straight law as your backup instead. I applied to Stirling as my worst case scenario choice. The entrance requirements are AABB and I got an offer two days after I sent off my UCAS so that put my mind at rest as I knew I had at least one offer.
Good luck with your referee on Monday.

Oh well that's great thank you, i'll change one of my choices to Stirling.

Thanks for your help.
A.R.E
Oh well that's great thank you, i'll change one of my choices to Stirling.

Thanks for your help.

It's cool. Let me know how you get on on Monday.
Reply 12
moonshine_1991
It's cool. Let me know how you get on on Monday.

Hey, she sent me an email today saying she wants all the forms completed from everyone to send them off on Friday, so it all turned out well :smile:

Thanks for everything.
A.R.E
Hey, she sent me an email today saying she wants all the forms completed from everyone to send them off on Friday, so it all turned out well :smile:

Thanks for everything.

That's good news! I might see you around if we both end up at Edinburgh!

Latest

Trending

Trending