Applied for Journalism and have an interview for 22nd January :smile:
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Offer for Animal Management and Welfare 2010 :smile:
Reply 3
I have a offer and I have firmed it for Architecture at Lincolnin 2010 :grin:
Out of interst, how many people applying to Lincoln are from areas with lots of different cultures?

(I am not going to Lincoln, but I live in a town near it)
SophieWofy
Applied for Journalism and have an interview for 22nd January :smile:

Do you know if they interview all Journalism single honours applicants?
Conditional for Biomedical Science :smile:
Reply 7
al_loveslasagne
Do you know if they interview all Journalism single honours applicants?

I'm not sure. I thought they didn't interview at all, but it seems they do.
Reply 8
adamrules247
Out of interst, how many people applying to Lincoln are from areas with lots of different cultures?

(I am not going to Lincoln, but I live in a town near it)

Half my school's applying and where I live there's not many different cultures. There's a handful of Eastern Europeans at school but there's only 3 black people here. None of the people that are applying are anything but white british.

N.B. I don't live in York, I live about 3/4 hour away..
Got conditional offer on Friday for Law and Politics, as well as for Law single honours. Lincoln is my top choice so it's going to be my firm and insurance lol.

I don't know anyone else from my college who is applying except me but there's lots of different cultures.
Reply 10
I got a conditional offer for Drama :smile:
It says 'Lincoln Campus' but which sub-campus does that mean I would be in?!
Georgina_x

Most probably the LPAC building on the Brayford Pool campus.
Reply 12
I applied to study Criminology and recieved a conditional offer today.
annab1684
Half my school's applying and where I live there's not many different cultures. There's a handful of Eastern Europeans at school but there's only 3 black people here. None of the people that are applying are anything but white british.

N.B. I don't live in York, I live about 3/4 hour away..

If you're that far from York to the north, then you may live where I live..

But yeah, my school/college was exactly the same as that. My friends all agreed that it was a little indimitading, moving away from such a closed off sort of society, but I can't say it's affected me at all.

Georgina_x

There's only two :smile: Riseholme, which is on the outside of the city and is for more agricultural based courses (someone correct me if I'm wrong here) and Lincoln is the city centre campus, also known as Brayford Pool campus. You'll most likely have your seminars in the LPAC building, and maybe some lectures in the Main Admin Building on the other side of the railway lines :smile:

To those doing Journalism, I know a girl doing it and she loves it :smile:
Reply 14
Unconditional for Social Science :biggrin:

What accommodation are you all applying for?
Im torn between On campus or The Junxion.
Aso, anyone else on a gap year at the moment, so far I seem to be the only one haa
NiaM
Unconditional for Social Science :biggrin:

What accommodation are you all applying for?
Im torn between On campus or The Junxion.
Aso, anyone else on a gap year at the moment, so far I seem to be the only one haa

Both are expensive and aren't covered by the basic loan, but I went for Junxion as it was closer to town and more like a flat than a jail cell - courts is a bit manky and can be very loud and raucous, but then again courts is probably better for the social aspect :p:

Congrats on the unconditional :smile:
Reply 16
Ahh Thankyou :biggrin:

Ive taken you advic and am applying for the Junxion, Haha :biggrin:
Im moving from Wales, so I need all the creature comforts I can get.
Do people for all uni years Live there then, or just the first years?
NiaM

People from all years live here :smile: you'll most likely be in a flat with freshers, but, for example, if there's a group of three third years, two freshers might be put with them. Everyone I know's had a good term so far though :smile:
Reply 18
NiaM

I'm moving from Wales as well :grin:

I don't really care much about accomdation myself, for me cheaper is better. More money to spend on havinbg fun then :grin: . If my room isn't very good I won't really mind as long as there is a roof bed and door I will be fine though I wouldn't mind being a bit close to the uni I don't want to have to catch a bus everyday I'm not a fan of public transport.
Reply 19
JWH
I'm moving from Wales as well :grin:

I don't really care much about accomdation myself, for me cheaper is better. More money to spend on havinbg fun then :grin: . If my room isn't very good I won't really mind as long as there is a roof bed and door I will be fine though I wouldn't mind being a bit close to the uni I don't want to have to catch a bus everyday I'm not a fan of public transport.

Ahh No way thats amazingg :biggrin: Where abouts from in Wales?
I knoww, Haha I though to myself, to be honest, when I actually get there in all my three years I probably wont even remember what my room looks like :biggrin:
But So long as im not freezing in the winter Ill be happy

Latest