The Student Room Group

Why are some people determined their TSR account is not found out IRL?

some people on this forum are hellbent in keeping their TSR account secret from people irl. most notably the people with the best accounts (high reputation, high post count, 'famous' on this website, moderators, so on and so forth). surely if people spend (or waste) hours of their life on TSR, people IRL will wonder what you are doing in your time? is it not an achievement that you should show off if you have lots of reputation and lots of posts on a student internet forum? honestly, I dont get why some people are so secretive about their TSR account to people irl when there is no need to be:s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
paedophiles?? :dontknow:
Reply 2
I don't care tbh.
wrooru
some people on this forum are hellbent in keeping their TSR account secret from people irl. most notably the people with the best accounts (high reputation, high post count, 'famous' on this website, moderators, so on and so forth). surely if people spend (or waste) hours of their life on TSR, people IRL will wonder what you are doing in your time? is it not an achievement that you should show off if you have lots of reputation and lots of posts on a student internet forum? honestly, I dont get why some people are so secretive about their TSR account to people irl when there is no need to be:s-smilie:

look at my username :tongue:
I dont hide my account I tell people they should join.
i dun care :ahee:
Care thread is care.
Clearly you haven't seen the post histories of most people on this site.
I don't hide my account but it doesn't really come up in conversation [I'd possibly be worried if it did]. A friend "introduced" me to TSR a few years ago - we used to come on here during private study periods as we thought we could blag it as being work related lol. :smile:
..because they're not who they say they are?
My friends are yet to realise that the internet extends past facebook. That's why.
For me it's because I'm a mod and still being at sixth form. There's a fair few people who if they were to find out who I am would deliberately sign up to this site just because of me :p: However if someone I knew signed up then I wouldn't avoid them as they signed up anyway, it's just the idiots I want toa void :p:

Plus I don't have photos or full names etc just because I don't want the whole internet to have access to it :o:
amateur :facepalm:
Because people are 'themselves' on the internet. Most people would feel ruined if a friend was to go through and read all their posts.
Because three and a half thousand posts provides an endless source of piss-taking material
Reply 15
101 I d0n't give a dam 100k at my pr0fi1e pic
Reply 16
amy1395
My friends are yet to realise that the internet extends past facebook. That's why.

:yes:
because its not 'cool' in real life to be smart and nerdy? which is what this site is associated with?
Reply 18
Example of why not. Boy in my class, Lawrence, was found on TSR slagging off most of our year, saying how thick and inadequate we all are etc.

We now make his life hell. That's why not. =p

(I'm joking, we don't - we just took the piss alot.)
Reply 19
im gay -_- now my friends know

Latest

Trending

Trending