The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Fynch101
how the **** can you people judge like this
imagine if your daughter had just been jailed for 26 years, in a foreign country. Would you be happy about it? would you ask natives of the country which has imprisoned your daughter to kindly move out of your way?
how do you know they are deluded parents? what possible evidence can you have to think they are deluded apart from crap from the media? you don't have a god damn clue, because you werent there for any of the trial. now shut the **** up you judgemental ****

Woah, cool it. Present me your case then.
Reply 61
milesofsea
I posted this somwhere else, in response to someone defending her and linking a CNN article.

Appaz the Knox dad told journalists to 'MOVE' at the end of the trial, when the verdict came out. Terribly rude.

But seriously, I think they're the type of deluded parents who don't know much about the secret affairs of their own daughter, and just don't want to admit that she isn't their squeaky clean little girl anymore. Fair enough. But they should keep it to themselves, out of respect for the Kercher family.

On a side note: £4 MILLION in compensation??! :eek:

It was actually 5 million Euros to the Kercher family, which they are well within their rights to request under Italian law. Each family member was given the sum of one million Euros.
Meredith Kercher was the real victim here. I find it strange that Knox has seemingly taken her place. At least The Knox's still have their daughter. The Kercher's dont.
Reply 63
milesofsea
Woah, cool it. Present me your case then.

I don't have a case
I am not arguing for or against
I don't judge people or arguments that I have no reliable information on
unlike you
What if she was proved innocent in a years time? how would you look then?
Undiscovery
It was actually 5 million Euros to the Kercher family, which they are well within their rights to request under Italian law. Each family member was given the sum of one million Euros.

Hmm, this article says it was 4.4 million euros. That equals roughly £3.9 million
Antonia87
Meredith Kercher was the real victim here. I find it strange that Knox has seemingly taken her place. At least The Knox's still have their daughter. The Kercher's dont.

The media would rather focus on 'foxy knoxy' and I found some of the outlets description of the murder as a sex game gone wrong and even alluding to Meridiths inital participation as disgusting.

I think it's quite easy to see why knox has taken centre stage.A pretty white all american girl, involved in a murderous sex crime in another country. Stories about drug use and extreme sex in her life.Big time media fuel. The Americans see 'Midnight Express 2 Italy'.You should see how CNN has been covering this,totally biased towards knox.

I believe the Kerchers have been quiet not to prejudice the trial if I'm honest. I think we will hear more of them when knox and co appeals.
Ah she lied and tried to frame one innocent Black man ,what does that tell you about her character, leaving aside all the other evidence? She changed her story countless times, and at the Police station was flirting with her boyfriend and doing handstands, not doubt still off her head on drugs . If someone I lived with had been topped and the Police brought me in for questioning I would be sh1tting myself.

Still I don't know what she is crying about.In prison she will be in her element, all those perverted sick people under one roof, all the sex she can handle except mainly with girlies , but from the sounds of it she probably swings both ways. Hope she rots personally. I'd still do her though.
Fynch101
I don't have a case
I am not arguing for or against
I don't judge people or arguments that I have no reliable information on
unlike you
What if she was proved innocent in a years time? how would you look then?

I, from reading various articles and following the story closely, have come to my own conclusion that most likely, the girl is guilty.
I wouldn't be so 'judgmental' if there wasn't so much evidence against her.
If I am proved wrong someday, I'll pay you £4 million.
Happy?

In the end, an innocent girl got brutally killed, and therefore I have far more sympathy to the family of Meridith than the Knox family, whether Amanda is guilty or not. The Knox family have turned this all around to make out that their daughter is the victim, when she probably is the cold blooded murderer. They go on about it a lot. That's where my problem lies. Put yourself in the Kercher family's shoes, it probably feels a lot worse.
Reply 68
It was a shoddy trail, but expected from that country and their general treatment of foreigners.
People can act extremely strange when stressed, under pressure and in shock - the cartwheels and smiling may just have been involuntary actions to help deal with them.

Personally, I still think she was guilty - but the evidence is very sketchy and I reckon they should do a retrial, though I wish you could bring in a jury from other countries for trials like this...
why do people say the italian courts are dodgy? anyone care to explain
Reply 71
I've just read the CNN article and some of the comments...the article is do schewed in her favour and factually inaccurate
It even tried to paint some of the judges as jurors wearing italian sashes as some sort of anti-american statement - there are no jurors in italian trials and the sashes are part of the uniform. And this is what americans base their opinions on. I've no doubt fox news were even more unreliable
It's America, as long as there's a pretty girl involved with a couple of redneck parents who mention "being home for Christmas", everybody thinks she's innocent. They watched Godfather so many times that they know it's mafia or sth :rolleyes: Meredith will NEVER be home for xmas again.

As for the parents - I think she didn't tell them the truth, she said that she didn't kill her and that's why they're so eager to get her out of the jail. A normal parent reaction.

Personally, I hope she rots in jail. She'll come out when she's old and wrinkly and she may publish an autobiography or two instead of a career :wink:
Reply 73
gm15
I've just read the CNN article and some of the comments...the article is do schewed in her favour and factually inaccurate
It even tried to paint some of the judges as jurors wearing italian sashes as some sort of anti-american statement - there are no jurors in italian trials and the sashes are part of the uniform. And this is what americans base their opinions on. I've no doubt fox news were even more unreliable

Yeh it's funny as I always saw CNN as reputable and Fox News to be the news service that always distorted facts...

The way they phrase things is so inappropriate:

Members of Kercher's family have declined repeated CNN requests for comment.

Um... they are grieving still/deeply stressed by the trial. GTFO CNN.
Reply 74
Some commenter on the CNN article mentioned her poetic/creative side...I had to hold my tongue not to point out the rape murder stories she publlished online. How very coincidental that her housemate happened to fall victim to a rape murder
Reply 75
Fox news "A jury in Italy convicted..." which jury would that be?
Youtube comments are hilarious as well. Most of them pointing out that Italy's a third world country, that they have death sentences for smoking marijuana (and I thought there is no death sentence in Europe anymore :wink: ), and that they should know, they've been to "Scicilly" once and it's overrated. :biggrin:
UGeNe
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/12/04/italy.knox.trial/index.html

Jury was clearly prejudiced against foreigners. :yes:

Care to explain..

Jury prejudiced against foreigners? your having a laugh! totally irresponsible thing to say!
Shadowplay
Youtube comments are hilarious as well. Most of them pointing out that Italy's a third world country, that they have death sentences for smoking marijuana (and I thought there is no death sentence in Europe anymore :wink: ), and that they should know, they've been to "Scicilly" once and it's overrated. :biggrin:

hahah they are so stupid, I still can't believe American's are buying Sarah Palin's autobiography lol if you watch Have I got news for you episode 5, you'll see how stupid they are! lol
Reply 79
Listen this nauseating interview with Amanda's aunt:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8394750.stm (at the bottom)

Latest

Trending

Trending