The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
[scroll]GET DRUNK[/scroll] :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 2
:dito:
Reply 3
Are u guys serious?........ By myself or with mates? I think I'll get worse if i drunk by myself..... with mates i can laugh at them getting drunk.......
chocolate :redface:

cures all
Reply 5
Natalie Lane
chocolate :redface:

cures all

Such a girly response - take no notice of Natalie :p:

I definately wouldn't get drunk by yourself go out with mates or to a club or something. Oh and working out at the gym/going for a jog might help get out anger/clear your head :smile:
Jump
Such a girly response - take no notice of Natalie :p:

Hey, it's been chemically proven that chocolate can work as an anti depressant!!! :mad:

and his idea of wroking out at the gym would actually be a good one too, release of endorphins and all :smile:

(and I might've not noticed he was a he :redface: )
Reply 7
Natalie Lane
Hey, it's been chemically proven that chocolate can work as an anti depressant!!! :mad:

(and I might've not noticed he was a he :redface: )

Prove it! :rolleyes:

(and I sortof guessed :biggrin: )
Jump
Prove it! :rolleyes:

(and I sortof guessed :biggrin: )

It contains tryptophan, which is an anti-depressant amino acid and serotonin, an anti-stress neurotransmitter :smile:

chocolate site

Nature's Prozac (Anti-Depressant Properties of Cacao)
As we have noted, cacao is one of nature's richest sources of magnesium, which is a heart as well as brain mineral. Cacao is also a great source of serotonin, dopamine, and phenylethylamine, three well-studied neurotransmitters, which help alleviate depression and are associated with feelings of well being. Cacao contains monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAO Inhibitors) that improve our mood because they allow serotonin and dopamine to remain in the bloodstream longer without being broken down. Cacao contains anandamide which delivers blissful feelings. Cacao also contains B vitamins, which are associated with brain health. All this makes cacao a natural prozac!

Research by British psychologist, Dr. David Benton at the University of Wales in Swansea, found chocolate to be an excellent mood elevator. When he played sad music to a group of students, their moods sank. He then offered them the choice of milk chocolate or carob (a natural chocolate substitute that is similar in taste). Without their knowing which product they were eating, the participants found that the chocolate raised their moods, while the carob did nothing. Moreover, as their moods fell, their cravings for chocolate increased.
Reply 9
Natalie Lane
It contains tryptophan, which is an anti-depressant amino acid and serotonin, an anti-stress neurotransmitter :smile:

I was joking - no need to go all scientist on my ass! (thats sounds so american argh!!!)

Anyway, I'm off - good night people :smile:
Reply 10
Actually, I went to my mates house and just spent time watching tele with her and her sis all night and went home at 4 in the morning. It really helped, and my 1.5L of duty free vodka survived:yy:
Jump
I was joking - no need to go all scientist on my ass! (thats sounds so american argh!!!)

Anyway, I'm off - good night people :smile:

well I take chocolate very seriously! :mad:

Good Night :smile:
Reply 12
Hmm.... what about other stuff like... cannibis?
This thread is no way of promoting the use of cannibis, I'm just asking for advice so please don't delete! :redface:
Reply 13
Grr.... why can't we be like animals..... bloody stupid brain having consciousness and feelings and all :confused:
Reply 14
again, do you want to toke up on your own? or with friends?
Reply 15
visesh
again, do you want to toke up on your own? or with friends?

Probably on my own if it's cannibis, none of my friends do it... except for one! I'll give him a call......
Reply 16
I need a free house where my friends and I can play video games whilst we drink and blaze.... who's offering? :redface:
Reply 17
Is there any other remedies apart from drowning myself in weird substances? Computer games usually cheer me up but i don't feel like playing it.... maybe I'll watch some friends..... anymore suggestions?
it's been suggested before but exercise is pretty good cause it'll make you release more endorphins and that'll cheer you up a bit

And I just realised that if your profile's correct then: Happy Birthday :biggrin:
Reply 19
Natalie Lane
it's been suggested before but exercise is pretty good cause it'll make you release more endorphins and that'll cheer you up a bit

And I just realised that if your profile's correct then: Happy Birthday :biggrin:

I know! Got separated on my bday! :frown: plus she didn't even remember, after I got her a necklace which hurt my pockets for months on ends!

Thanks for whishing me a happy bday, i hope it comes true.

Latest

Trending

Trending