The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
by late I mean in late December...
All applications (excluding those for Medecine/Veterinary Science/Dentistry/Oxbridge) processed by UCAS before the 15th January deadline will receive equal consideration.
No, because you will be applying before 15th January.
Apparently anyone by January 15th will receive equal consideration, but I do not see how this is possibly. Loads of people have already had offers, so there are less offers now available. Therefore people who apply late surely are at a disadvantage? I really do not understand the system. I would have thought the only way to give everyone equal consideration would be to not give any offers until every single application has been sent in. Obviously this impossible so I really do not understand how they claim that people who apply late have still got equal chances.
Reply 5
It depends on the university, your supposed to get equal consideration but some universities give out offers as soon as they get appliaction
AccioJellyBean
Apparently anyone by January 15th will receive equal consideration, but I do not see how this is possibly. Loads of people have already had offers, so there are less offers now available. Therefore people who apply late surely are at a disadvantage? I really do not understand the system. I would have thought the only way to give everyone equal consideration would be to not give any offers until every single application has been sent in. Obviously this impossible so I really do not understand how they claim that people who apply late have still got equal chances.

universities make offers in november/december to the strongest candidates that they think would get in even after january. most other offers they hold out on until the deadline. so they basically give out miiiiiiniiiiiimaaaalllllll offers before the deadline
bemusedcapybara
universities make offers in november/december to the strongest candidates that they think would get in even after january. most other offers they hold out on until the deadline. so they basically give out miiiiiiniiiiiimaaaalllllll offers before the deadline

I seeee! Thank you for clarifying that for me :biggrin: Ohwow I now feel special that I have an offer XD
bemusedcapybara

Yh exactly..plus remember that they usually hand out more offers than places on the course...since people often dont get a grade, take a year out, or go to another one of their university choices.
Reply 9
depends on the university, most top universities have started giving out offers to people who applied in october , therefore places are diminishing!!
thanks 4 info..:smile:
Reply 11
Late applications are applications after the deadline. Anyone applying before the deadline isn't a late applicant.
Reply 12
For EU students, the deadline is the same as UK students. I applied for my course really late (middle of may) and I received 3 conditional offers and one unconditional offer within 2 weeks. So I think you should be good.
Reply 13
Yes, you are. Universities send out offers before the deadline, meaning there are less places available the later you apply. Simple. Applications may be given the same consideration, but the level of consideration is higher due to lower spaces available.
Reply 14
kylef
Yes, you are. Universities send out offers before the deadline, meaning there are less places available the later you apply. Simple. Applications may be given the same consideration, but the level of consideration is higher due to lower spaces available.

:lies:
Reply 15
Everytime this is asked there is disagreement. Official word is equal consideration until Jan 15th but everyone seems to make up their own reasons as to why this can't possibly be.

You either believe what is official or you believe people on the internet who are making it up as they go along. Bonus points if they mention someone they once heard of from someone they who knows a friend of a friend.
Reply 16
I'm getting conflicting stories from staff within my college, I am not completely sure.

Either way, you won't be at a disadvantage for getting it in early :smile:
I doubt universities are going to give all their offers away before December, especially to some of the more average candidates, if they can wait and get better candidates before the deadline. If you have a good application then i presume your chances of getting an offer is high whenever you send it off.
oh dear im in this situation as well, due to my school not finishing my reference on time (like with 7 other students). I wouldn't think its a problem because unis usually give out more offers than they actually take in, so the level of offers given out may fluctuate. At the same time, offers before are given by some universities depending on type of exam ( a level, IB, european bacc etc) and for other reasons.

i would say december is fine, janurary may be pushing it.
Officially, there is no disadvantage.:rolleyes:
And if you are foolish enough to believe that, you deserve whatever you get.

Latest

Trending

Trending