The Student Room Group

IB Physics HL exam questions solved on Youtube

Hi again. Here are some links to a past IB Exam solved on Youtube. I've just posted these, so perhaps wait 15-20 minutes after this is posted to view the videos - they sometimes look blurry until they've been fully processed. I'll be posting more as I do them.

-Mitch

IB Physics HL exam: November 2008, Paper 1:

Paper 1. Questions 1 and 2 (diameter of a proton, fundamental units).

Paper 1. Questions 3 and 4 (uncertainty, acceleration vs time graph).

Paper 1. Questions 5, 6, 7 (equations of motion, forces, newton's second law).

Paper 1. Questions 8, 9, 10 (momentum, power, circular motion).

Paper 1. Questions 11, 12 (gravitational field strength, 2d projectiles).
thank you!
MitchCampbell
...snip...

Hey Mitch, I just wanted to say I think you are amazing for doing these and coming on here to tell us about them :smile: I can't thank you enough. Your videos are brilliant.
Reply 5
Happy to help! I am making the videos because I think students can benefit greatly from not simply seeing the answers to questions, but seeing them worked out in detail. I also do try to explain some of the theory behind questions when I can fit it in. In any case, glad you can benefit from them. I'm working on the Paper 2 B-questions (the four B questions, where you choose 2 of the four to solve).

I'll solve all of them just for fun, and I think I'll also do the Paper 3 for that exam. I plan on going over the Astrophysics option, as well as Relativity. Those are the ones I've most recently done with my class. I went over those ones with my Oxford students as well (worked as a tutor for one of the Oxford study courses people can take during Easter - that was certainly fun)

Cheers,

Mitch
Reply 6
Holy ****, you are my savior!. I have been getting 3's in my Physics tests and haven't been doing so well but it's really clear when you explain things!. Thank-you so much!, i hope you get around to doing some SL stuff as well =). Thanks again!
Reply 7
Hi again, everyone. I received a message from the IB saying that I need to take down my videos since they show IB exam questions. I had to comply with their request, and so I'm sorry to say that the exam videos are gone. :frown:

However, this actually frees me up to do something I've been thinking about for a while now: I'm starting a new thread where students can post a request for a particular topic within the IB curriculum. Then depending on what responses there are, I'll sit down and do a set of videos for that topic.

-It's too bad that I had to take down the videos, but this can turn into a good thing - you can now request specific topics for help and I'll be able to target my videos to what you'd like to learn. My goal here is to help you out!

Mitch
Oh no! That's terrible :frown: Especially considering that it would nearly exclusively be IB students watching the videos who have access to the papers anyway from their schools :sad:

Latest