The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Does an offer recommendation amount to an offer 100% of the time?

If the department says that they are recommemding to the faculty that an offer be made to you, does it guarantee you an offer? Or, royghly how many people get in after receiving this letter?

Can someone just explain to me why they 'recommend that you are made an offer' instead of just making one!?

Reply 1
J.W
If the department says that they are recommemding to the faculty that an offer be made to you, does it guarantee you an offer? Or, royghly how many people get in after receiving this letter?

Can someone just explain to me why they 'recommend that you are made an offer' instead of just making one!?

Because its not them that gets to make the offer so all they can do is reccomend you but as the department that does make the offers doesnt see anyone they go on what they get told from what I know. So they just go on the reccomendations. From this I would conclude that it does result in an offer 100% of the time. I could be wrong though
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
I think the above post is correct. UCL has Faculties and they make the offer, so they go by the departments to tell them who to make the official offers to. If the department have said that then the chances of you getting an official (through UCAS) offer are very very high. Well done.
Reply 3
J.W
OP
Reply 4
J.W

Received same thing. When did you receive your letter? Anything official on UCAS? for what course?
Reply 5
J.W
OP
Sevdulina
Received same thing. When did you receive your letter? Anything official on UCAS? for what course?

Got it on the 4/12 for History. People have been saying that they don't update track until after the open day because they want to see if you turn up/are serious about a place there.

Congrats!
Reply 6
J.W
Got it on the 4/12 for History. People have been saying that they don't update track until after the open day because they want to see if you turn up/are serious about a place there.

Congrats!

That could well be true, but usually you would get the letter after an Open day / interview with UCL.
Reply 7
Geogger
That could well be true, but usually you would get the letter after an Open day / interview with UCL.

Because I am an international student in the letter it said that "an interview is clearly not feasible in your case. Therefore I have recommended...blahblah"...so it`s still weird
Reply 8
J.W
OP
Sevdulina
Because I am an international student in the letter it said that "an interview is clearly not feasible in your case. Therefore I have recommended...blahblah"...so it`s still weird

I'm an international too! But they didn't make any mention of that/interviews at all. Which subject did you apply for?
Reply 9
Mathematics with Economics.Just got on track my offer.Not so happy though.The offer is near to impossible :|
Reply 10
Hey I got the same email as well. Nice to know, thanks!
Reply 11
J.W
OP
Sevdulina
Mathematics with Economics.Just got on track my offer.Not so happy though.The offer is near to impossible :|

My track was updated this morning :biggrin:

And you should be happy! You got an offer from UCL!!! Wooohoooo
Reply 12
J.W
My track was updated this morning :biggrin:

And you should be happy! You got an offer from UCL!!! Wooohoooo

I was expecting the offer beacuse I received by post an unofficial offer from UCL, but the conditions came on track just yesterday...

Latest

Trending

Trending