The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Itchynscratchy
On which bit?

The fact that GR, not QM needs to be modified. I think (not exactly sure on the details) that twistor theory is his attempt to find a geometric view of QM.
Reply 81
Preasure
Phlogiston, the theory of what caused fire and rust before oxygen was discovered.

This. I love the word phlogiston.

Phlogiston.
Reply 82
I don't really know what counts...

Expanding Earth theory.
around
The fact that GR, not QM needs to be modified. I think (not exactly sure on the details) that twistor theory is his attempt to find a geometric view of QM.

Well I did say probably.
Fat-Love
it's pretty long-winded and i'm not sure how i'd go about drawing it on here (it shoud be in your physics book). But simply put - waves diffract when put through narrow gaps. double slit interference is when you put it through 2 narrow gaps. the light projected through the gaps are shone onto a screen. now where the waves from the 2 gaps cause a trough and a peak to meet destructive interference happens causing a black colour to appear on the screen. and where a trough and trough/ peak or peak meet constructive interference happens so we see the colour of the light on the screen. by putting the light through 2 slits we can see a pattern of black-colour-black-colour which shows that the light is interefering with itself the way waves do.

Latest

Trending

Trending